Mount Doom Frodo & Sam Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks pretty good from what I see so far,but I don't think the dio. is going to have the impact people are hoping for....simply because of the scale. I think this will be a case of a great movie scene not quite translating as well in polystone. That being said, I know what I'll be doing on the 22nd :naughty

Last edited:
Ohhhhh~~~ Yessssss!!!!!!

Been hoping for this scene since way back when. Am liking the Sam sculpt and hope the Frodo matches. THIS I wouldn't mind lugging around the Con. :banana:banana:banana

It will be interesting to see if that Ringwraith dio Frodo's likeness can be topped.

That's a pretty tall order. If it was done by Trevor I'm sure it will be on par, but I don't see it being better. Besides, if you look at any of the movie screencaps of this scene you'll notice you really don't see much of Frodo's face, so I don't think likeness will really be an issue...not with Frodo anyway.

It will be interesting to see if that Ringwraith dio Frodo's likeness can be topped.

Hummmm, don’t think so on this one, look close enough, to me it looks like Sam is carrying Frodo on his back, this may be “The” Sam piece…..???? For me to jump on this one, there better be more Dio on this on...

Yawn…………….:sick

I won't be getting it because I don't want to get into Dios but good luck to all who want to get it!

Well, this is a piece that I've been wanting for about five years now, so I'm extremely happy to see it announced. I would have loved a PF instead, but I can live with a diorama. I am looking forward to owning this one.

Oh man, what an con exclusive

cc09-reveal-9721_thumb.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=6646

rotk2156.jpg

rotk2155.jpg

rotk2178.jpg

rotk2175.jpg

rotk2173-1.jpg

You can forget about any hope of having Gollum included in this dio. These 1st two screencaps are from the beginning of their climb up Mt. Doom with Frodo's head on Sam's right shoulder. The next time you see the two of them Frodo is facing in the opposite direction [one of those movie blooper moments I guess] and this is the position he is in when they are attacked from above by Gollum. I think I would have preferred the pose with Frodo's head on Sam's left shoulder as illustrated in the last three screencaps. Either way, we're not going to see much of Frodo's face at all.

Back