Mount Doom Frodo & Sam Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only 300! no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm really hoping to grab one of these. Hopefully they save a good number of them for the non-attendee ppo.

Oooooooooookaaaaaay - so there's a TOTAL of 300 pieces and that's all, huh? How is it even imaginable that those won't sell out immediately?? Am I misunderstanding something or just overestimating the potential popularity of this piece? Should I even bother to make arrangements that will allow me to be sitting at my computer on Friday morning?:banghead

could someone please please please get me one? i will be out of the country (in flight) then, please please ...grovelling and begging...

:lecture

All the sudden I have a real bad feeling about this.....:(

yeah... I have a feeling that quite a few people REALLY want this and I'd just be getting it to flip, so I'll sit this one out.

Not to mention that IM goes up at the same time .... :horror

EDIT ** The hilt on Sting DOES look really bad, I didn't notice that the first time around; and it is missing the elven leaf detail. :dunno

:lecture

All the sudden I have a real bad feeling about this.....:(

yup. i thought it would be low but i figured it would be at least 500 being that it is such a crucial part of the story. if it was a regular release with a 300 production run i think it wouldn't be to hard to ppo but if they hold 100 or 200 for the attendees then it will be real hard to get. i thought i read some where that they tipically put 10% aside for the non-attendess which would only be 30

yup. i thought it would be low but i figured it would be at least 500 being that it is such a crucial part of the story. if it was a regular release with a 300 production run i think it wouldn't be to hard to ppo but if they hold 100 or 200 for the attendees then it will be real hard to get. i thought i read some where that they tipically put 10% aside for the non-attendess which would only be 30

This is sounding worse by the minute. Even if they hold back 100 for Friday, they'll be gone in less than a minute.

Getting one for those going shouldn't be too bad. I will be going for it first just to make sure I get it.

Im going to try to get one for the Mrs...She loves Sam & Frodo, nice piece for $99, I thought I would be crazy cash like the other exclusives prices they have.

If I read this thing correctly, it'll go up at the same time as Gunmetal IM? So Marvel Fans and LOTR Fans have to fight on the servers?

This is sounding worse by the minute. Even if they hold back 100 for Friday, they'll be gone in less than a minute.

I have a fear that it will be even worse then that. Being on the other side of the world I almost expect Internet lag to kill any chances that I may have.

Still, as long as I'm not sick, I plan to be up at 2.30am Saturday morning and giving it a go. Especially since there is no way this is going to show up for less then retail down the road.

Back