Most wanted new upgrade for 1/6 collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

varoh

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been collecting for about 4 years now, customs and others, mostly Hot Toys. Over this time I've seen various companies try a few different innovations; PERS, seamless joints, rooted hair. All still seem to have problems. With PERS for every Jack Sparrow there is an Indiana Jones. The seamless joints have deterioration and breakage problems and the rooted hair, only really been used for female characters, is hit and miss when mass produced.
What other improvements do you think would be cool/ plausable?
Imagine facial expressions you can manipulate, seamless wrist joints, posable fingers (like Iron Mans), automation?
What would be your choice; needn't be a new feature just an improvement to a long standing issue.

Multiple seamless arms produced in plastic instead of possible rubber.
I mean seriously, WHY this is not a thing yet??? Yes, it's gonna cost more, BUT will be seamless and solid.
Was expecting such tech to be used for HT Hulk but boy oh boy... :monkey4

A 1-button click to turn on the LED's in every single arc reactor, helmet, hand and foot repulsor in HT Iron Man figures b/c there's no chance in hell I'm flipping 6 switches per figure to light them up then again to turn them all off. :lol

Multiple seamless arms produced in plastic instead of possible rubber.

It is ridiculous that this is still a kind of luxury item considering the amount of effort that goes into lifelike details in all other areas only to be ruined by visible joints.[emoji36]

A 1-button click to turn on the LED's in every single arc reactor, helmet, hand and foot repulsor in HT Iron Man figures b/c there's no chance in hell I'm flipping 6 switches per figure to light them up then again to turn them all off. :lol

Oh yeah!! Imagine turning it on using a fob like for your strip lighting on your detolf

Figures with more accurate body proportions would be nice. Whether it's the HT Black Widow which is way too skinny for Scarlett Johannson, or the Darth Vaders which are always way too tall and lean.

Ideally it would be nice to have additional portraits with alternate expressions with each figure, but I realize that's not always easy or affordable for companies to do.

True. Even padding widows waist line a bit would be a start. It's always struck me as weird that the baseline standard body for high end 1/6 is big and ripped. It leaves you no place to go if you want to go represent someone smaller without developing a new body like they had to do with 66 Robin and Marty Mcfly. Why not a more normal body with padded clothers for the terminator etc types

Would love to see seamless body technology advance to the point of not needing visible joints anymore. Good thing that Phicen are working towards this.

aiKE0u6.gif

REAL HAIR/WIGS -- accurately styled and made of mohair-like materials vs. synthetic. Can be sold separately to swap-out with sculpted hair if necessary.
BODIES -- seamless bodies (or at least arms and legs with interior mechanisms), height adjusters, modular body systems for more accurate proportions, greater range of body colors.
OUTFITS -- licensed screen accurate movie/tv costumes, licensed comic costumes
PORTRAITS -- licensed actor, celebrity portraits

Why not the seamless bodies? Provided they're improved upon I think they're a logical next step.

Well, I wouldn't necessarily object if they can execute the idea properly.

The problem is, IMO they're still light years away from achieving an aesthetically realistic look without the skin bunching up at the joints, & have adequate durability to match. These are two things I'm not confident with about the new HT Ellen Ripley figures (three if you count the rooted hair). The elbows appear to be seamless on those.

Yep the arms are in definite need of a upgrade or a rethink of the way they're put together.
Have never seen rooted hair done well. Maybe a change to mohair like materials as nexus says would make the difference. So far they still look very Barbie-ish. Ripley's perm is definitely the most ambitious style they've ever tried.

A HT 1979 Ripley has been a grail of mine for the longest time - & now they've done her, so unless said issues end up being completely botched.. I feel inclined to take what I can get at this point. :lol

One thing I would REALLY love to see is that if these manufacturers could make their figures in the correct scale. I mean, how many time have you seen a wrong sized body, or tailoring where the pockets are too big, etc?

I'd like some innovation in quality control .... like maybe they could properly create what you're paying for!

Back