Most Dead On Star Wars Character Made Into a Statue or Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say 12" Lukes head sculpt (regardless of whether you like the particular expresion) is the most dead on.

1596210ox6.jpg

SS PF Obi seems the best human statue...I don't own any PFs
Attakus R2D2 to me is the best droid representation with the weathering
Attakus Tusken Raider is the best non human statue so far
Also the SS Greedo bust looks good but don' t own it
GG has a lot of very good human and non-human busts but don't collect them

I don't think it's fair to compare human likenesses with machinery likenesses.

Obviously, helmets and droids are more precisely quantifiable and replicable than the human face.

And, I don't think our eyes pick up the subtleties on an alien face the way our brains have been trained to do with humans.

EVILFACE said:
Far from the best.

Look at his chin, it is too square while the Anakin in the picture has a rounded chin.

Figuremaster Les's repaint blows this away.

Yeah,I see the chin,but I also see the huge rounded chin on the production SS Anakin and plus the fact that the SS Anakin doesn't look like him.Les's repaint is sweet,but he did alter the chin.I know it is unfair to compare this figure to SS's because it is a custom,but I love all of the little details that were added on this figure like the real leather boots,the magnets in the boots,the cordless light up saber,etc.The customizer really paid attention to detail and I think he really captured the essence of the character.

vanceianakin04ov1.jpg

dscn1401ro6.jpg

As far as a production piece goes I think Andy's sculpt for the premium format Han Solo is about as good as it gets,the production paint is not even in the same league as the sculpt though.

hanbig1ci1.jpg

miles said:

WOW! I really like this shot. Awesome work!

As for who is the most dead on character made into a statue or bust, it doesn't get better than 1:1. As great as many of the smaller pieces are, 1:1 is where its at. For me, it's a no brainer that the Greedo bust is the most dead on with Maul a very close second:

new4%20003.jpg

Wow this is an old thread but think about all the new stuff that has come out since then. Can some of the older sculpts compare to what's being released nowadays? I can only speak for what I've seen in person or have in my collection but the GG Obi Wan episode III mini bust is dead on IMO.

Back