Most Dead On Star Wars Character Made Into a Statue or Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Re

The Han Stormtrooper is very good. The Luke pilot is also very good from the front, but there is something not quite right when you look at it from the side. BTW the detail on this bust is exceptional. Highly recommended and still available at retail or better.
The best ever is the Boba Fett. It's amazing. A close second is the Vader.

I think that non-humans are fairly easy to reproduce, so I won't count those. For the human sculpts, I think that the Sideshow Han Solo is truly amazing. It blows me away every time I look at it. I think it's going to skyrocket in price once it's released later this year.

mmm i would say the katoboyka darth maul statue is one of the best statues ive ever seen ...

Wow, lots of stuff has come out since THIS thread was last posted. Anyone change their minds as to the best piece out there now?

In hand I'm going to say the PF of Old Ben Kenobi, but I think the Yoda 1:1 may be the most accurate on the horizon.

Yeah, the Greedo 1:1 and Maul 1:1 are pretty amazing too, but some say Maul loses points for his eyes.

Where is some love for General Grievous. I personally dont think there is anything that doesn't look right. I watched his parts a few times once I got it and looks great to me. I could be wrong since I am no where near as picky as some others are. As long as it looks good and nothing to far off I'm happy.

mfoga said:
Where is some love for General Grievous. I personally dont think there is anything that doesn't look right. I watched his parts a few times once I got it and looks great to me. I could be wrong since I am no where near as picky as some others are. As long as it looks good and nothing to far off I'm happy.

I think that's a great pick. While I am not a fan of the character ( in the movie ) and don't own the piece, I think SS did a superb job on him.

KitFisto said:
While I am not a fan of the character ( in the movie ).

I wasn't either then at Comic Con I couldn't keep from going back to look at it. Then they say they have some, I resist, I go and look again, I resist, this continued maybe 3 time for first 2 days, then I broke down.

You have to have Human and non-human in seperate classes because when replicating in a sculpt they are worlds apart. It is ifinitely easier to reproduce a sculpt of somthing that you only have a very brief reference of rather then a form in which you see about 99% of your life. On human sculpts you notice even the slightest little flaw where as droids or other nonhumans you dont.

Human - Obi Wan SS PF followed by the GG Qui Gon bust
Non Human - Grievous followed by Boba both SS PF

Jesse

12" Sideshow Kenobi production version

LOL

I would have to say the PF Kenobi. Simply awesome.

tomandshell said:
Non-Human: Grievous PF
Human: Obi-Wan PF

(Sorry for being a copycat, Jesse...)

I will third this oppinion. They are both amazing. The likeness on Obi is going to be what we compare all future SW PF's to.

And Kit, you'll be getting a Grievous by the end of the year I bet.

DarthMaulBust002.jpg

ObiWanPF4.jpg

or the "sculpt" on the Obi 12"

As much as I love my Maul bust, easily the center piece of my collection, there is just something about that Obi sculpt that is amazing. The human likeness is so hard to capture and they just nailed it.

Well as I stated earlier my gf looked at Obi-Wan and said it didnt really look like him but then again she only seen Star Wars once and probably identifies Ewan more with Obi than Alec. I would say with out a doubt it is PF Obi-Wan.

GG Tarkin bust is one of my fav's. Their Maul bust is right up there too.

Of course Mat's Alec/Obi is on the top of my list too, and you can't get more dead-on than the SS 1:1 busts imo... Especially Greedo and Yoda. :rock

Sideshow's PF Obi-Wan and GG's Count Dooku mini bust are my favorite likenesses though there are many other great ones out there.

Back