Mos Eisley: Chalmun's Cantina 1/6 Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
625594_343024235782956_1555488225_n.jpg

Totally dig this environment... Gotta be the 2nd best to me, after the throne room.
Looking good, Valentin! I have the exact same set-up, when it comes to the table/chairs and was looking forward to seeing how this set looked with them in low light. Looks great, IMO -- lots of atmosphere. Really like how that window breaks up the wall, too. Damn, feel like having a drink, myself, now (only 09:15 here, though, and at work :monkey2)!

That looks really cool. If I had the space I would get one.

Invictus Sol, your tile idea is a great one. You could also get a large sheet of white "Latch Hook" plastic mesh and make some kind of a base for the floor (like in the photo).

That really does look nice, but I can't bring myself to spend $400 for the environment and tables. Of course once they start making more cantina aliens, I know I'm going to regret not getting this display piece.

Any pics with Hammerhead or Greedo?

I think you'll have a while to think about buying this environment. I don't see them selling out. In fact I'd bet the price will drop.

...Invictus Sol, your tile idea is a great one. You could also get a large sheet of white "Latch Hook" plastic mesh and make some kind of a base for the floor (like in the photo).
Thanks, Weezer. Hadn't thought of that plastic mesh, but could see that working, too. Great shot, totally forgot about that.

That really does look nice, but I can't bring myself to spend $400 for the environment and tables. Of course once they start making more cantina aliens, I know I'm going to regret not getting this display piece.

Any pics with Hammerhead or Greedo?
The Cantina table/chair sets can be had pretty cheap. I got mine at a 15% discount from the LCS and BBTS has them at around $68.00. I think Weezer's right about the environment piece, too, and I don't imagine it will sell out any time soon and at some point it'll be giftcard eligible.

Regardless, I disagree with those that say the environment looks cheap or you're not getting enough for your money. It'll go a long way to making a nice hub for an easily customizable Cantina scene (given what you can do with both the interior and exterior), so I'm happy to get it, even if I maybe could've saved a bit by waiting.

I'm also hoping someone will snap some pics of Hammerhead and Greedo in this enviro for the rest of us. Mine are packed away and I'll only be pulling this out to ensure it's damage-free before storing it until we move sometime in the next 18 months.

I think you'll have a while to think about buying this environment. I don't see them selling out. In fact I'd bet the price will drop.

That's what I'm waiting for--- just as Yoda's hut has dropped by $40. I'd like to see this on a rotating lazy Susan with Greedo and Han inside and a few Sandtroopers on the outside.

Just picked this up today from my LCS and have to say, it's pretty cool. The window works really well in hand and does a lot to break-up the wall and all the tans/browns. Although you can display with or without the picture itself, I personally won't be doing so.

There was some talk when this was first revealed about it maybe being part of a larger diorama (with say another set, like the bar, connecting to it) but having it in hand, I don't think that's possible. The edges all around are pretty rough and uneven (not in a shoddy way, just in a cut-away sense), so very hard to see another environment linking up with this one without really obvious seams.

If you can't justify the current price but are thinking about it once it's discounted or gift card eligible, I'd definitely recommend it. Really has that Mos Eisley feel about it and works well as a hub, as I hoped. I was initially just going to inspect it and pack it away but I like it enough that I'll be keeping it out for a few days to look at before banishing it to the basement. :(

1:6 Chalmun's Cantina Environment

Found no thread about this fantastic piece.

Enjoy :)

001-7.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-4.jpg

004-6.jpg

006-6.jpg

007-5.jpg

008-3.jpg

009-4.jpg

010-5.jpg

Re: 1:6 Chalmun's Cantina Environment

There actually is already a thread for this environment, but who cares! Your pictures are by far the best I've seen for it and really capture why it's such a great piece. Thanks for taking the time to post these, Spiker. Really glad I picked this set up.

Re: 1:6 Chalmun's Cantina Environment

WOW! I have half the environment for this and always wondered if I should go get the other part or not...now I know the answer is yes!! GREAT PICS MAN!

Holy crap! Those pics are amazing, I've been sold. I'm going to try and get this set now. What kind of shelves do you have that set up on?

I use heavy duty shelves. They are cheap and strong. You can set it up as you wish.

This is an example:

30009.jpg

Anyone see in the email the offer to get the Cantina Environment free with a purchase of the Medi Han? I jumped on it as soon as I saw the email, only to find out the environment is just the table and chairs set, not this one.

I was kind of pissed, because the pic in the email is clearly this, but it is SS, so I should've figured.

Anyone see in the email the offer to get the Cantina Environment free with a purchase of the Medi Han? I jumped on it as soon as I saw the email, only to find out the environment is just the table and chairs set, not this one.

I was kind of pissed, because the pic in the email is clearly this, but it is SS, so I should've figured.

Typical Sideshow Bait & Switch routine.

Ya I saw that and almost bit the bullet but once I looked closer I realized it wasn't worth it due to just the chairs and table enviroment.

Back