mortifactor Customs and Repaints! Medicom 4-LOM/SSC IG-88 Repaints/1:1 Tusken Rifle

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mortifactor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my third custom piece and about time for my first new thread! I've always liked the grubby "used future" look to the sets and technology in the original trilogy, not to mention the alien scumbags inbetween - with that in mind, I am trying to focus on creating weathered droids/aliens/grimey scenes etc.

I got Momaw Nadon but didn't want to buy his cantina table (although I came damn close) as I kept telling myself I could probably make that myself instead of spending £60+ so I went about looking for objects/alternatives

Here is what I found

Aa.png

A £3 pot thing and some £1 bathroom ceramic container things from Habitat (UK store here that just closed down)

Here they are with a touch of paint (Grey primer and gryphonne sepia followed by tamiya smoke for table, general brown acrylic for stools with a satin spray coat over for a leathery look)

Ba.png

Ca.png

Da.png

Ea.png

Fa.png

Ga.png

Hammerhead playi.. I mean posing his figures....

Ha.png

H.jpg

.....Looks like he's only got 3"3/4 scale! Or maybe it's because jawas stole his premium format figure...

DSCF2535.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Re: Custom Cantina furniture/Nadon's Nook

perfect fit into the sw universe & at a good price. not to mention the satisfaction of doing it yourself......:lecture

you could probably scuff the little seats with sandpaper & brush some ground pastel chalks into it to give it a worn in look of leather. yellows,whites, lighter brown, then seal it. regardless, great job...:clap

I kept trying to sand those stools to rough them up, but even the slightest go at it with 2000 sand paper ripped the paint off to the bare white as my primer didn't stick well to the ceramic beneath :( I'll definitely add chalk when I get more earth tones

Edit: and oh yeh barryo, I feel I should mention it was a random google stumble on your jawa thread that got me into 1:6th to begin with! thought it was all too barbieish and actionman before seeing those customs and then checking out SSC :lol

Edit: and oh yeh barryo, I feel I should mention it was a random google stumble on your jawa thread that got me into 1:6th to begin with! thought it was all too barbieish and actionman before seeing those customs and then checking out SSC :lol

i'm sorry man............:monkey2

:wink1:

I'm trying to plan a much larger environment, like a scrappy droid workshop or alien bar to set this stuff in, but it will have to fit around my real university work so may take a while. Instead of doing something as large as chalmun's cantina for example, I might use some of the locales from games such as KOTOR for inspiration. :cuckoo:

I've just started back at university so am very busy, but still trying to get some star wars 1/6 in on the side!

First up one of my favourite, but unfortunately not quite good enough droids

DSCF2549.jpg

The plastic middle really bugged me, as did his really long arms

DSCF2555.jpg

Just testing out different silvery paint to see what will give the colour I want (I want a shiny sandcrawler type one, but heavily weathered). Also I cut his arms off to shorten them and reposition them, so he isnt as hands on hips as before. His upper arms are waaaaaaaay too long originally I thought!

DSCF2556.jpg

Busted out the lego bionicle for some waist articulation, he can dip forward/backward/side to side like a typical broken down protocol droid now! Wires will be added

DSCF2558.jpg

A closer look at the connection - there is a special place in hell for people who glue lego, but hopefully ill get a pass as this is a 1/6th star wars custom, where anything is salvageable :lol

DSCF2553.jpg

In the foreground of this little argument here (Taking bets on winner) you guys might recognise something familar; I wasn't around here back then but as a power droid fan I had to make my own.

Last edited:

Advanced edit of 1st post - there you can edit title of thread and nice droid! This will be nice

Re: Custom Cantina furniture and droid WIP customs

DON'T DO THIS! You are going to make me break out my Hasbro Death Star Droids and start cutting them up! :O

Nice work!

Wow love what you are doing here mate as I'm wanting to do the same. Can't wait to see them finished.

the death star droid is having to wait while i do this gonk lol, here is another progress pic! Note the retractable claw holding the very important glue - I wanted to give him a retractable arm so he can reach out and touch the world in his own special way

DSCF2563.jpg

few more bits of detailing then he's ready for priming... but before then i think i might build a few more!

Gonk #2 being made before the 1st is finished lol

DSCF2565.jpg

This one is meant to be like this:
Gonkpromo.jpg
The enigmatic stepped gonk

Thanks for the replies lol, it was dorg's work that inspired me to make my own gonks, as well as the fact i nearly built a 1:1 scale 1 last year (will do it eventually i swear) I actually think 1:1 is easier, its just a storage tub on top of another with a baking tray in 1 for the 'face'

damn that is some fine work on those power droids..................i kind of want one now. just too cool & iconic.

Back