My custom HT Hudson and Apone and repainted Drake and Ripley heads..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Reinhardt! That looks great! I'm getting in some of those "Cheong" arm sleeves for my Vasquez too. I was wondering how to make the seams at the wrists not be noticeable. That's a good tip using some of a black t-shirt. I love that picture with Vasquez, Hudson and Drake! Did you use Les's "Cronohead" Hudson for your Hudson? I am getting a Chronohead Hudson from Les sometime soon. It's gotta be the best head choice for Hudson out there I think! I like how you put your figures in front of a black background. That's a great idea. It makes the figures really "pop" out. I'll try that too when I do my marine group shot. :D

Thanks bro! if you position the arms a certain way, your will effectively shorten the length of the arms, making the arm sleeves flush with Vasquez's hands. her watch on one hand will hide the seams of one hand. you could probably also make a wrist band out of a black t-shirt to hide them.

yup, that is the chronohead, and painted by Les! All 3 were painted by Les and I couldn't be happier!

Thanks re the black background. i made myself a light tent and it makes a world of difference when taking pics. that's probably one of the most basic digital cameras that took those photos. :D

Hi Reinhardt. I got in those Cheong arm sleeves today, and the great "Stoner" head for my custom Hicks. So I'll be working on my marines tonight. I'll use your tips for the arm sleeves for my Vasquez. I was getting some Dragon female black "leather" wrist bands that would have worked out great for Vasquez's wrists. But the seller on eBay can't find them....right now. So, I'll try to cut up some of a shirt and try out what you did. That'll do me for now, until that seller finds those wrist bands for me.

Yeah, that black background or "light tent" you use is very cool. I'll have more room for better pictures after we move into a house...hopefully...in about a month. How exactly do you make a "light tent"? I took some basic b & w photography in college, but we never made on of those. Let me know. I'd appreciate it! Thanks again! :D

this is the site that I used as guidance to build the light tent:
https://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box_light_tent

super easy to do. instead of using the cardboard backing though, I am using cloth. only thing about cloth is that when lint gets on it, it shows up in the pics! you can make the tent any size you want, i opted for about twice the size of the site's recommendation based on the size of figures i am photographing.

where did you get the stoner hicks face? i'm looking for one!

Thanks.

Thanks for that link Reinhardt. I'll give that tent a try the next time I try to photograph my marines.

I lucked out and found the Stoner head on eBay for about $10.00 before shipping. It was loose, and exactly what I needed to finish my custom Hicks! Check out eBay under the "Dragon action figures" search. That's where I found the Stoner head. :D

Here's a pictures of the Stoner head I repainted for my custom Hicks. I posted more pictures of it on the "building your marines...correctly" thread. I think he turned out great! I have some minor detail work to do, but he's almost done. Next up...a custom Pvt. Frost! "Stay Frosty"!

Hicksbeardedfrontview.jpg

Last edited:
Back