Media Mortal Kombat X

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try listening to what people actually say in the videos before blindly speculating. There will be a combination of old and new characters as the game takes place throughout a twenty five year period, so some returning characters will be older while some will be just as they were in 9. Not everyone deserves to come back from 9. A lot of those characters should permanently stay in the 90s, like Jax. Both robots can easily be combined into one now two thanks to the three gameplay style options. Quantity is not better than quality in a fighting game and it never will be nor has it ever been.

And the people so resistant to change are what ruin these kinds of games, so I'm glad Boon is just kicking them to the side because if all they care about is nostalgia then they should just hook up a SNES and play MK1-2 for the rest of eternity. Meanwhile us people not stuck in the past can enjoy actual development in a game franchise.

Calling it now, while I will try it out, probably will not play for too long if there is no Noob Saibot.

I hope the multiplayer is more fun. Once I beat all the characters storylines, I typically stop playing fighting games. I always hate them online. Either the lags kill it for me, takes too long to find a match, or im just thrashed by someone who knows all the combos under the sun.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Try listening to what people actually say in the videos before blindly speculating. There will be a combination of old and new characters as the game takes place throughout a twenty five year period, so some returning characters will be older while some will be just as they were in 9. Not everyone deserves to come back from 9. A lot of those characters should permanently stay in the 90s, like Jax. Both robots can easily be combined into one now two thanks to the three gameplay style options. Quantity is not better than quality in a fighting game and it never will be nor has it ever been.

And the people so resistant to change are what ruin these kinds of games, so I'm glad Boon is just kicking them to the side because if all they care about is nostalgia then they should just hook up a SNES and play MK1-2 for the rest of eternity. Meanwhile us people not stuck in the past can enjoy actual development
in a game franchise.

Or take a look at the 3D MKs and realize how forgettable some of those newer characters are. I can only remember a small handful, like Bo Rai Cho. Your argument is invalid. MK is nothing without sub-zero, scorpion, reptile, kitanna, mileena, noob saibot, raiden, kung lao, liu kang, kano, jax...some more important that others. Sit your ass down with your attitude.

Did you literally just say that Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke should be one character now? LOL.

"ROBOT - PICK YO STYLE: CYRAX, SEKTOR, SMOKE"

CASSIE_thumb.jpg

I hope this changes. 24 chars lol.

the game looks sick and flows really well, the fighting is some of the best in beat um ups

The new characters are pretty badass, especially Kotal Kahn, his fatality is the best I've seen in ages, love the reference at how the Mayans and the Aztecs used to eat the heart of their victims... Every other fatality is so over the top it's just boring.

According to Boon in the video razkazz posted (Thank you for that!), the boss of the game is supposed to be a "surprise" that "not a lot of people will see coming". Let the speculation begin!!! After watching Liu Kang's ending in MK9, I'm going to guess Raiden. Side-note: I haven't played a MK game forever. MK4 was the last time I really got all up in that. I played Deadly Alliance a handful of times but never got myself invested.

Thank the interwebs for YouTube though! All of MK9's Endings available in one spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vflCA0wxpLE

After seeing this

I take back what I said about graphics.

One thing I hope is that they implement they environmental Actions into the MK Control scheme, they way they were in injustice wouldn't fit MK imo

Does anyone have a list of fighters who "died" in MK9?

Found this online but it seems right (from memory)

Jax, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Kitana, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Sindel, Nightwolf, Stryker, Kabal, Smoke, Jade, Motaruo, Goro, Kintaro, Kano....all dead.

I do know the only good guys alive are Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade and Raiden.

Damn I can't remember all of these dying lol.

I wonder how many will return. Hopefully we see Quan Chi.. Shinnok.. Fujinko... We will most likely see raided cage and Sonya... Maybe night wolf since he could be allies with kotal kahn...

I don't remember Noob dying. Well I don't remember most of them lol ill have to look it up.

I love Reptile....but I kind of hope he sits one out or is not an unlocked character right off that bat. I like when it feels like a treat to play as him.

I loved Reptile's moveset in mk9 but I want human Reptile back with cool ninja outfit and gear.

Back