MORTAL ENGINES - Peter Jackson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, LOTR had everything ....Elves, Dwarfs, Wizards and Dragons. Not to mention the baddies. What's hard to sell when you have all of that?!

This movie, tho ...I think the marketing didn't do enough to get the word out there.

Plus the timing of release was just bad. They probably didn't expect Aquaman, Bumble Bee and Poppins Returns to do so well.

Yeah agreed on all counts. Sad really as I love Steampunk and the visuals were amazing

Well it looked like Steampunk, but it was also Post-Apocalyptic future. I didn't get that from the trailers. When I was sitting in the cinema I still thought I would see a victorian 19th century steam punk movie until they revealed the truth lol

I liked the world they crafted but the plot was really too soft and hollywood style overall. Like Han Solo, much action, cool world, little love story but some places and characters were just there because the story needed them (Colin Salmon character for example).

This movie needs more time to give some characters more depth.

There's only so much to fit in one film. The books will be more to your liking lol also it wasn't just post apocalyptic, there were plenty of beautiful locations and it was Steampunk enough for me - we don't have a lot of choice in that regard

I feel like the only person in the world who liked this movie. I've been a HUGE fan of the books since I was a kid though. And while there were some changes to the plot I was so happy with the characters and the look of it all not to mention yet another incredible Tom Holkenborg score.
I fully expected this to be the next Lord of the Rings and then suddenly there was just zero marketing and absolutely no merchandise and I was pretty bummed. I expected Traction City Lego in the least.

So I took it upon myself to make a custom Hester figure. I've done some customs before but minimal effort, mostly just buying separate pieces and combining them. This was the first time I needed to paint, sculpt, sew, dye, the works.

I'm doing a Shrike next, just waiting on the base figure to arrive. Gonna attempt the light up green eyes and all.
1AC59275-7077-4352-87F0-0E0EDCD6CB9E.jpgD60E1639-F922-43D6-9EB4-B3250ADE76CA.jpegB2DCC32F-3E07-43D9-8974-FF6FDAC0A279.jpeg

I know this thread is dead but I watched this tonight. Didn’t think I would but I kind of liked it. Guess I’ll have to read the books now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't bad.

Even considered tracking down a 3D copy for a few days.

I'm willing to bet it would be quite a sight to behold in 4K.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It wasn't bad.

Even considered tracking down a 3D copy for a few days.

I'm willing to bet it would be quite a sight to behold in 4K.

IMO it was fine - way better than I thought it would be; surprised it was treated so harshly. Liked the cast and the visuals.

There's a movie that gets picked to be a whipping boy every year, sometimes it's deserved, sometimes it's not.

Yeah, that's what I thought happened here. IMO definitely undeserved:(; wouldn't mind watching again, actually.

Back