Moria Orc PF - Questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazytrain

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Okay, after several e-mails to-ing and fro-ing, I have a Moria Orc PF, currently "on hold" at SS - I really don't know whether to go ahead and continue with the order or cancel. So I was wondering how much of a problem there really is with the red. So please ONLY IF YOU HAVE THIS PF IN HAND will you please say what you think about the "red" issue to help me decide how to proceed?

I can't seem to figure out how to generate a poll, so forgive me for putting the questions here, but I guess the options would be:

1. Its just way too red!
2. Its too red, but not as bad as some people's experiences on this board.
3. Its a little red, but hardly noticeable.
4. Its just like the prototype!

CT

I voted #3.

I'd vote a 2.5. It's red but not as bad as some pics. It draws attention but not that much from the rest of the statue. I wish it was exactly like the prototype (like what we ordered), but it doesn't look that bad and I am glad to have it as part of my collection.

I think that a 2.5 is pretty appropriate in terms of the red issue. It is noticeable, but for me it wasn't a deal breaker. The red leather looks too new, without spots or dirt, but the cut of fabric is pretty accurate to the pictures you've seen before. The fabric is distressed and tattered, but a little clean. The red is bright, but doesn't detract from my overall like of this statue. The pose is dynamic, much larger than I would have anticipated, and the paint work is great. I think you'll be very happy with your purchase! I have some pictures in the Moria Orc thread if you'd like to check them out. Not much of a photographer though!!!:lol

picture.php

It's a kickass statue, and should be in every LoTR collection. (if you don't have the Weta).

2.5 as well.
If you display with a darker background
the red doesn't show as bad.
But displayed in a more lighted area,
the red is noticable.
I also have the exc. but like the helmless
displayed better.
Yeh for M.O.

I also think that you might see a higher rating from most of us if you were asking about the statue as a whole, as opposed to the fabric portion! It really is a great statue, and if you've had any of the SS/weta Orc stuff, this easily trumps those!

I also think that you might see a higher rating from most of us if you were asking about the statue as a whole, as opposed to the fabric portion! It really is a great statue, and if you've had any of the SS/weta Orc stuff, this easily trumps those!

so your saying that most of the weta items will probably be dropping value??
i thought of that right after both this and berserker was announced. i haven't gotten this one yet, it's in route. though just comparing pics of this and the weta piece, i think this latest release looks better imo.

anyone out there have both yet, and what's your opinion inregards to comparing them side by side??

I am not sure about anything dropping in value, but I had a nearly complete set of all of the SS/W stuff, and I think that this captures the Moria Orc Bust portrait well, and delivers on a very dynamic and detailed figure akin to the Moria Orc Archer. It really is the best of both worlds for me! The size is again much bigger than I anticipated (totally does not fit in the Detolf I got for Christmas from the in-laws!)

I think the upcoming PF berserker is a more visually interesting pose too, but just my opinion!

I sold almost all of the SSW stuff a while back to help pay for my wedding, but this more than makes up for it...I don't even miss the Balrog

Okay, maybe I miss having the Cave troll a smidge...:eek:

so your saying that most of the weta items will probably be dropping value??
i thought of that right after both this and berserker was announced. i haven't gotten this one yet, it's in route. though just comparing pics of this and the weta piece, i think this latest release looks better imo.

anyone out there have both yet, and what's your opinion inregards to comparing them side by side??

I just recently sold wetas moria orc swordsman and I like the PF better, but I prefer the PFs anyways. I think the detail on the moria orc pf is incredible and he is BIG. Really, they are both great, but imo the PF is the better of the two....:D

I just recently sold wetas moria orc swordsman and I like the PF better, but I prefer the PFs anyways. I think the detail on the moria orc pf is incredible and he is BIG. Really, they are both great, but imo the PF is the better of the two....:D

cool, thanks for the reply.

sorry for highjacking the thread there for a bit:D,
now back to the regularly scheduled programming.:cool:

Agree for the most part, but there are some Weta pieces that will always be standouts.

As for a decline in value -- everything seems to be at the moment, but with the release of the Hobbit and Weta's involvement there; things should rebound, about the time home equity does. :sick

I am not sure about anything dropping in value, but I had a nearly complete set of all of the SS/W stuff, and I think that this captures the Moria Orc Bust portrait well, and delivers on a very dynamic and detailed figure akin to the Moria Orc Archer. It really is the best of both worlds for me! The size is again much bigger than I anticipated (totally does not fit in the Detolf I got for Christmas from the in-laws!)
[/SIZE]

Doesn't fit in the Detolf?? WoW... I've misjudged the size on this piece.

Back