Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF?

Even if I wanted to safety pre-order this I wouldn't. By pre-ordering we're essentially telling Sideshow there's nothing wrong with the piece and we're accepting it as is. By not pre-ordering it sends a stronger message and will hopefully get their attention. Vote with your wallets!

I actually would have preferred a print of the Morgul Lord instead of the flaming sword.

:clap

Yeah I think an art print would have been better than the flaming sword.

:lecture

I remember the Wolf Pred bust got delayed because they had to completely change the way they did all thr dreads, so its not impossible for them to tweak it a little bit, but on the other hand, we dont even know yet how this will look in person til SDCC comes along. A little tweak would be nice, but it would be cooler if they allowed some poseability for this statue since we cant see any of the joints anyways. Now that would be boss :cool:

Even if I wanted to safety pre-order this I wouldn't. By pre-ordering we're essentially telling Sideshow there's nothing wrong with the piece and we're accepting it as is. By not pre-ordering it sends a stronger message and will hopefully get their attention. Vote with your wallets!

I think a mass of last minute cancellations will send the same message...:lecture

They could also take that as, "no one wants the morgul lord, I guess they wouldnt care for a ring wraith either or something similar in character".

That flaming sword isn't working for me.

And it just looks like the Morgul Lord is doing a curtsey at the end of a square dance. The leg and head seem to be behaving independently of the rest of the body. I don't get this pose at all.

But I only want the heroes and I wasn't going to get this anyway, so it's not really a heartbreaker for me.

I have to agree with what everyone is saying about the awkward pose. It's a good try by Sideshow but it just makes me feel like he's about to fall over or something. I just can't figure out what his legs are doing. The head doesn't bother me as much.

:clap

:lecture

I remember the Wolf Pred bust got delayed because they had to completely change the way they did all thr dreads, so its not impossible for them to tweak it a little bit, but on the other hand, we dont even know yet how this will look in person til SDCC comes along. A little tweak would be nice, but it would be cooler if they allowed some poseability for this statue since we cant see any of the joints anyways. Now that would be boss :cool:

Sick Avi and sig bro! :rock

I'll order it... but may pick it up for cheaper down the road.

I love everything, BUT the EX.

Sick Avi and sig bro! :rock

:yess:............:hi5:

I encourage everyone who is not happy with this piece to post honest, tactful, and non-inflammatory critique on the preview page. Format: issue, discussion, recommendation. :lecture

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=18483&ref=WP_062210&prod-blog&300033

:lecture, I encourage this as well. Hopefully they wont delete my comment I just made :pray:. Just try and praise the piece, but urge them to do something about the pose. :clap

I just don't like this PF.

The pose is obviously ackward.

The sword seems a bit small - I remember the ML carrying more of a "bastard sword", but this one looks to have a shorter blade.

The flame section is really off, I think it needs more color or highlights.

The flail needs to be more of a centerpiece, rather than an afterthought. When I first saw the ML pull out the flail, it was surprising and only added to his level of power. This version looks like he's dragging it on the ground, like a drawing/pic of a T-Rex from the '80s dragging it's tail. Just doesn't have the best look for such a powerful weapon.

I commend them on the robes/cloak. This material does look great and hangs well. Very realistic. The metals are also nice here. The base even looks pretty decent.

Overall, it's a shame. The problem is that I think most people sound very under-whelmed by this figure, but there is no way that SSC can re-tool it now. Most may PO for safety and then cancel later and SSC will just take it as the fans don't like LOTR anymore. They won't look at it from a constructive view, whereby assessing that maybe they are to blame for some obviously less than stellar work. Definately, a disappointment after the nearly perfect GTG PF and pretty decent Strider maquette.

Preorder is already working!. Mine is done, waiting for the final result.

:yess:
He will go great with my growing collection.

PFcollection1.jpg

Back