Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF! Order NOW through the banner!.

My order for the EX was canceled due to family issues. :(
Light was at the end of the tunnel so I reordered (reg ed) only to have to cancel that too :(

I was getting worried that I was not going to be able to add this to my LOTR PF collection. So five days ago I put the Ex on waitlist.

To my surprise...
SS just sent me an email stating that my waitlist (flexpay) for the exclusive is converting. :yess:

I got mine today. It is spectacular. One of the best PF yet. I have read alot of people complaining about this and that based on photos but they have not ever seen it in person. In person, it is powerful and impressive. The pose makes sense in 3D. You really have to see it in person.

My photos side by side with my other ML stuff...The spikes on the SSW 1/4 scale helmet are bigger and SSW helmet is better IMHO...I like him better in the second pose too facing to my right

I picked up mine today and it's nicer than the pictures. The ex sword IS cheesy, don't really like it. The paint job was really well done even though you can't see most of it. There's three layers of black cloth so gives a nice fullness to the PF that a statue would not achieve. The costume is nice and muddy and well painted, you can smell it a mile away and quite toxic. The head tilt is annoying but in person, it's not that noticeable because you're looking at everything else. Just like the moria orc, in person, it looks much better. The photo picks up on things most of us won't normally notice. Anyway, yes, it would have been a homerun if sideshow didn't do that wierd head tilt or the funky leg stance, but it's close.

He is genious!

1111am2p.jpg
33332m6x.jpg
222226mf0.jpg
444448m05.jpg

My order for the EX was canceled due to family issues. :(
Light was at the end of the tunnel so I reordered (reg ed) only to have to cancel that too :(

I was getting worried that I was not going to be able to add this to my LOTR PF collection. So five days ago I put the Ex on waitlist.

To my surprise...
SS just sent me an email stating that my waitlist (flexpay) for the exclusive is converting. :yess:

Congrats! You won't be disappointed. :duff

Here's some pics some pics of Ex. #139. I decided to take pictures before putting him in the curio cabinet so I would have better lighting and no glare from the glass and mirror. He looks even better in the curio, although he barely fit.
Overall this thing is Awesome! The pose totally works IMO, and the armor is incredible. I was a little concerned about the "too long" chain for the morning star, but with the added length it can sit next to the base (which I prefer) instead of on it . I believe there's a new Top Dog in my collection. :rock

06.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

Last edited:

Great pictures ! Keep 'em coming.
I especially like this one :

05.jpg

Nice looking pictures, came out better than I thought it would (the pose).

I'll wait for the maquette.

I still think out of everything released SO far, that the Legendary Scale bust of the Morgul Lord is top dog.

(man I wish I kept that)

Random notes:

SLEEVES FOUND! While messing with the clothes, I realized that the sleeves (particularly the right arm) was completely turned 180 degrees backward and tightly tucked under his armpit/shoulder-armor. I had to do some serious tugging/twisting to straightening it out, but it now looks MUCH better. Datafagga your robe looks to be doing something similar. It should look more like Vince's photos (mine covers even more of the forearm. I'll post a before & after pic shortly.

And Nazgul-King, are you saying that you have no cloth visible inside your helm? I see cloth all inside the back of my helm.

Last edited:

Random notes:

SLEEVES FOUND! While messing with the clothes, I realized that the sleeves (particularly the right arm) was completely turned 180 degrees backward and tightly tucked under his armpit/shoulder-armor. I had to do some serious tugging/twisting to straightening it out, but it now looks MUCH better. Datafagga your robe looks to be doing something similar. It should look more like Vince's photos (mine covers even more of the forearm. I'll post a before & after pic shortly.

And Nazgul-King, are you saying that you have no cloth visible inside your helm? I see cloth all inside the back of my helm.

Yeah, I see bare polystone in the back. It's not noticeable unless you put your eye right up to the helm, otherwise you'd never know. It's in a cabinet so you can't even see it. Besides, it seems as though the robes vary on each statue, and I really like the way they are on mine, so that minor flaw could be traded for something worse.

Last edited:

Did a quick mod on the helm. I repositioned the two front "jaw" prongs so that they are more pointed inward like they are supposed to be.

Also, I tied up the chain to the movie-accurate 15 links to see what it would look like before I made a mod, and here are the results as well. I think it makes the Mace a LOT more noticeable:

More to come!

Last edited:

Nice Kaiju....your pictures confirm that he looks so much better with his leg covered.This is also how I will display mine.
Although the mace is more noticeable I still prefer the original intent behind the pose...with a loose chain and mace resting on the ground.

Did a quick mod on the helm. I repositioned the two front prongs so that they are more pointed inward like they are supposed to be.

Also, I tied up the chain to the movie-accurate 15 links to see what it would look like before I made a mod, and here are the results as well. I think it makes the Mace a LOT more noticeable:

More to come!

I really like the mod to the chain. I was considering doing something myself.

I agree the shorter chain looks awesome.

Did a quick mod on the helm. I repositioned the two front "jaw" prongs so that they are more pointed inward like they are supposed to be.

More to come!

are you going to do a permanent mod to the chain? i would be a little concerned that with gravity, glue wouldn't be able to hold it together.

I appreciate everyone's pics and did see this in person at SDCC but these images really do nothing to make the pose look better IMO. In fact, the whole thing looks even more oddly proportioned in some pictures.

Back