Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF! Order NOW through the banner!.

Hmm, still wondering which one to choose:

300033_press10-001.jpg
9338_press01-001.jpg

Hmm, still wondering which one to choose:

300033_press10-001.jpg
9338_press01-001.jpg

Think the sideshow one if not for anything other than it'll be in scale with the rest of your PFs. :exactly:

Yeah man the SSW one is awesome but tiny...like half the size of the PF!

Yeah not really digging the SSW, I think the PF is way better. The SSW just looks really plain jane.

kk thanks guys.

Yes it's the left leg. It's him taking a step with his left leg and then whipping the mace over his shoulder. I do think this statue will benefit from seeing it in 3D like pitu said in his video. Pictures just can't really capture the pose due to all the black robes and lack of body definition.
Then the pose makes no sense and that's why it's awkward looking. Try and put yourself into the same position (keep in mind you're getting ready to swing that mace).

Tiny? TINY???? Geez i think all you guys are PF blinded!

Yeah not really digging the SSW, I think the PF is way better. The SSW just looks really plain jane.

Plain? PLAIN??? He's swinging his sword and mace at the same time!! Weta created the ML for the film and did this statue, and you think this is plain?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/9338_press02-001.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/9338_press03-001.jpg

:cuckoo:

Sauron was 1/6 scale, the PFs are all 1/4 scale.

im not sure what scale he is, but he is like 27 in tall if my memory stands corrected, so they will look good next to each other.

not even bro :rotfl. i already have him and hes like 17 in tall from the tip of his sword handle down. Its actually a very awesome piece for being all black, the silver accents on it are a great touch imo and the pf will look great next to him :yess:. If you can get the weta piece for like $200, i would grab it fuzzy. I like the weta statue over the lsb for sure, but would love to grab the lsb too.

im not sure what scale he is, but he is like 27 in tall if my memory stands corrected, so they will look good next to each other.

Yeah, they'll look ok displayed together, but their relative sizes won't be screen-accurate. Sauron would tower over WK if they were in the same scale.

I had the SSW statue I know how big it is. But the 1/6 SSW is tiny compared to the 1/4 SS one.

morgul.jpg

Tiny? TINY???? Geez i think all you guys are PF blinded!

Plain? PLAIN??? He's swinging his sword and mace at the same time!! Weta created the ML for the film and did this statue, and you think this is plain?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/9338_press02-001.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/9338_press03-001.jpg

:cuckoo:

well beleive me people think the SS is too dynamic and say it looks wierd or just out of place, but to me looking at that SSW, for him to be swinging his sword and mace at teh same time...he doesnt seem to be dynamic enough. It almost looks like hes just standing straight up and down. Now mind you ive never seen this in person, im just going on the photo. To each there own, im just telling ya what i see. Im well aware that WETA created him and they did this piece, but that doesnt change my mind at all.

Then the pose makes no sense and that's why it's awkward looking. Try and put yourself into the same position (keep in mind you're getting ready to swing that mace).

I have and it does make sense. There are many ways to swing something over your shoulder and this is one of them that works for something with real robust, heavy weight. Kind of think of your hip as a fulcrum and it makes sense.

I dunno it still looks awkward to me. :(

I have and it does make sense. There are many ways to swing something over your shoulder and this is one of them that works for something with real robust, heavy weight. Kind of think of your hip as a fulcrum and it makes sense.

To swing something like that you would have the opposite foot forward. left arm swinging = right foot forward...

You can actually get more torque doing it the way they chose, but let's just chalk it up to "he's strong enough to swing the mace any damn which way he wants to". :lol

I had the SSW statue I know how big it is. But the 1/6 SSW is tiny compared to the 1/4 SS one.

morgul.jpg

if these pictures were true to scale, the pf would be like 36in tall, i believe its only 27 :monkey1. Theres no way the size difference is that much.

The image has been resized to fit the page. If you look at it in proper ratio it is as close as I could be half bothered to being accurate.

Back