Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF?

Maybe it's just me, but this looks like his left foot, and if it is, then it really looks weird to me. Where is his other leg located?

300033_press20-001.jpg

Yep, that's his left foot. I actually stood up and imitated the pose, so it makes sense. But just because it makes sense doesn't make it look right. As I stated earlier I think this pose would work better for another character rather than the Morgul Lord. IMO I think his garment just hides too much of the body and critical joints to make this translate well into PF form.

Regardless, someone at Sideshow looked at this thing with the flaming sword and went "That looks good to me. Let's do it!" :slap

I think we may actually find a wire hanger as the body under all that cloth. Look at the Right arm it is so awkward!!!!!!!!

The pose does seem a tad akward and its very similar to the SS/Weta piece. However, in terms of the way the neck looks it might just be a case of futzing the fabric b/c it looked pretty good in the production peak vid.

I'm gonna hold judgment on this until I personally see it at SDCC. I may end up just ordering the reg though, as that flaming cheese cutter doesn't do anything for me.

And I agree with Fubeca . . . the first thought that came to my mind was where he starts to implode. All you need is Merry's sword at his heel, and Eowyn's sword through his helm. I mean, c'mon, the imploding scene is one we haven't seen represented yet!!! Makes me wonder if we should have asked for Eowny's sword as the EX instead.

Yeah, I think we need to hold out for that as well. most ppl seem to think its his left leg showing, but I'm not completely sure about that; at some angles, it looks as it could be his right leg. I'm curious if he has his other leg under the robe somewhere not seen in the pics. Since p!tu saw some of this in person, maybe you could chime in?

I like this piece a lot although I'm not too keen on the flaming sword so I will probably head elsewhere for the purchase.

Here are some pics with the movie Wk, and the "turkey neck" PF. The red line is the shoulder line, and the green lines are the neck lines. :slap

Here is a "Fixed" photo with what his neck SHOULD be doing, his left leg moved further left, and his sword scaled to actual prop size...

"Fixed" is on the left.

I think its far less "wonky" looking. Your thoughts?...

Last edited:

They could have killed two birds with one stone if they had a switch out head and arm. A Ringwraith and Morgul Lord in one and people would have bought two.

Opportunity missed in my opinion, he looks like he is either itching to scratch or about to breakdance, the pose is just not a Morgul Lord pose! i.e. Menacing, threatening and terrifying????:slap
The sculpting and robes etc are great he is just not EPIC enough in that pose!! Someone mentioned its the scene where he contorts and implodes, well it looks ridiculous to showcase that unless it's in a Dio with Eowyn driving the sword through his head!! Out of context.

And don't get me started on that sword...........:gah:

Easy and disappointing pass, was looking forward to this! :(

Also we have another of those weird footwork poses like with GTW PF, the Hokey Pokey was obviously a bit hit in Middle Earth back then!:rotfl

the sword maybe a bit small and the head is a bit too tweaked.. but this pose is awesome!! :rock The length on the chain is movie accurate and needed to swing that bad boy!!

I think you guys must have forgotten to mention the flail was sitting right beside him in that scene. It must be alot tougher lifting a heavy weight like that from directly behind your back 'cause the ML was having one helluva time getting that thing off the ground. As for any other discrepancies....you'll have to take that up with Peter Jackson. :wink1: :)

I never thought he was having a helluva time to get it off the ground, seemed to me it was pretty easy. Plus, if you look at the PF, he's not actually lifting it yet, it's fully on the ground still, even with some of the chain. At that point in the PF, all he's doing is holding the handle up.
Now I know he's old, but it can't be that heavy :lol

I never thought he was having a helluva time to get it off the ground, seemed to me it was pretty easy. Plus, if you look at the PF, he's not actually lifting it yet, it's fully on the ground still, even with some of the chain. At that point in the PF, all he's doing is holding the handle up.
Now I know he's old, but it can't be that heavy :lol

:lecture

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

i dunno about the rest but i was on my way out of the LOTR PFs until i saw this.

It could just be him wanting to give whatever he was going to hit some extra power. maybe a horde of soldiers?

I actually think the pose is awesome dynamic. :)

The regular looks badass IMO. The pose is pretty action oriented which I like and the overall piece looks good. The Ex piece though is an odd choice and I'm not much of a fan with that part. Of I was going to order this I would be getting the regular.

Sold sold sold. I love it. The regular edition looks totally screen accurate from head to toe. Awesome! I'm guessing they gave him that pose to show off his cool leg armor. A little strange, but it works.

:rotfl

Ah that's it then, they wanted him to show a bit of leg :lol

i dunno about the rest but i was on my way out of the LOTR PFs until i saw this.

It could just be him wanting to give whatever he was going to hit some extra power. maybe a horde of soldiers?

I actually think the pose is awesome dynamic. :)

He only got to swing that thing at Eowyn :lecture

He only got to swing that thing at Eowyn :lecture

:rotfl

He's got him confused with the equally wonky Sauron from the dio. :lol

If this doesn't sell, I suppose there are three possible courses of action Sideshow can take: A) make an improvement on the figure before it goes into mass production and starts shipping B) chalk it up as a lesson learned and avoid making the same mistakes with future PFs (admitting it's their fault) or C) assume there's no longer an interest in PFs (blame the fickle fans) and put the line on hold indefinitely. Based on past experiences, which do you suppose they'll most likely do?

For the record, I don't question the quality of materials used, paintwork, weathering, etc., only that awkward long-giraffe-head/neck-tilt-left-leg-forward-contorted-wonky body position thing he's got going on, throwing the whole presentation off-balance IMO.

Back