Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF?

so, about 5 in 10 are saying this is crap. well l can see some issues, but think l will still get him. yes it could have been better (the pose) but we need better pics of the bad boy.

Last edited:

Sword looks good to me. Not feeling the negativity on this one. A solid PF all around.

witchking.jpg

n6cmth.jpg

I'll take the regular sword over that flaming one all day long. I think I am going to pick this up for sure.

I don't think it's crap at all. I like it, but it could still use a wee bit of tweaking.

Ageed. This pose would have been a lot more imposing.

I don't like how the flaming sword turned out but I am still going for the Ex Edition. But I definitely won't be too disappointed if I missed out on that and have to go for the Regular Edition instead.

Flaming sword is a NO NO it makes the whole piece cheap. The pose would have been way better especially for this specific character since many have him high on our list for PFs line.

If the pose was the same as the screenshot from Geb it would have been amazing... more menacing and at least you will be able to see his 2 weapons and not have his mace hidden behind him which is lost of sight.

I really do hope SS is listening to the customers feedback and try to adjust things around a bit to make this a perfect piece which I am sure will generate way more sales.

Sword looks good to me. Not feeling the negativity on this one. A solid PF all around.

witchking.jpg

They had this picture up when putting him together, I'm not sure why as it looks nothing like this pose. This should have been a museum type pose with both weapons at his sides looking very intimidating. Its a shame SS dropped the ball on this, cause with a beter pose, it could have been one of the best pfs ever.

The sword doesnt bother me at all. From the get go, I was really concerned about the pose, and I'm not feeling it at all, but he is by far my fav character from the movies, so I will order him. I was really hoping to love this piece, but the pose is just really akward. I think the biggest thing throwing it off is the one leg sticking out. I know SS wanted to show more armor in the pose, thats prolly why they chose the pose they did, but when I do get this, I hope his robe will lay over his leg.

great looking piece and will be getting the Ex. but that sword is just weak.:dunno

Will also order the Ex, but I will never have that sword on display. What do you guys think, would this piece look better if the weapons were in the opposite hands? The WK about to put his sword into someones skull with his left, and the Flail in his right hand..............

When I say the Morgul Lord is a solid PF all around, I am talking about the regular edition (which is fantastic.) I will not, however, be spending the extra $10 for "Morgul Lord Unleashed."

Morgulunleashed.jpg

ka3537.jpg

Nope. We're all watching the same DVD. Check out that youtube link of yours and see how he effortlessly lifts the morning star flail effortlessly one hand as he rises to his feet, just before he begins to engage Eowyn in mortal combat. He's not bracing himself because it's heavy for him, he's hauling back because he wants to crush the living sh!et out of Eowyn. :lol :monkey3

Not really, at around 1:06 in that clip he seems to be lifting that mace (or whatever you want to call it), pretty darn easy and yes, he's putting his full body into it but he's still swing around what in theory weights a ton with ease and it's momentum isn't pulling him off his feet.
Just look at around 1:32 where Eowyn's shield is smashed, he's flinging that sideways and standing fully upright.
It seems the weight of the mace means nothing too him and even when his neck etc does look a bit like the PF, that's in full swing and follow-through, not just half picking the thing up off the ground, like it is in the PF.

I think you guys must have forgotten to mention the flail was sitting right beside him in that scene. It must be alot tougher lifting a heavy weight like that from directly behind your back 'cause the ML was having one helluva time getting that thing off the ground. As for any other discrepancies....you'll have to take that up with Peter Jackson. :wink1: :)

remember everyone it is just a movie.

What he said. :lecture :lol

Last edited:

Flaming sword is a NO NO it makes the whole piece cheap. The pose would have been way better especially for this specific character since many have him high on our list for PFs line.

If the pose was the same as the screenshot from Geb it would have been amazing... more menacing and at least you will be able to see his 2 weapons and not have his mace hidden behind him which is lost of sight.

I really do hope SS is listening to the customers feedback and try to adjust things around a bit to make this a perfect piece which I am sure will generate way more sales.

Granted the flaming sword does look terrible [IMO], but it only makes the "whole piece cheap" if you intend on displaying it that way. Buy the excl. and never take the flaming sword out of the box, or buy the reg. edition instead...problem solved....no cheap looking piece.

SS does not necessarily see or read the critiques it receives here. If you intend on buying this PF and care about the final product then simply follow this link, and click on " Product Suggestion" or "Other Issues" and let them know what your concerns are. :)

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=177

Granted the flaming sword does look terrible [IMO], but it only makes the "whole piece cheap" if you intend on displaying it that way. Buy the excl. and never take the flaming sword out of the box, or buy the reg. edition instead...problem solved....no cheap looking piece.

SS does not necessarily see or read the critiques it receives here. If you intend on buying this PF and care about the final product then simply follow this link, and click on " Product Suggestion" or "Other Issues" and let them know what your concerns are. :)

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=177

I think the biggest gripe most ppl have is about the pose, and we know they arent gonna change that :gah:. I do wander if his helm can be slightly turned or not, maybe that will help a little. Im also curious about the hand switching i mentioned earlier.

I think you are all missing it about the pose...OBVIOUSLY this is the moment he starts to implode and contort....:hi5:

And as far the Toy Biz "Flaming Sword" I think it is actually orange dripping ooze and someone just put it on his hand upside down...

And have you all noticed that the Black is the wrong black as well...just like the Moria Orc's red...I'm just sayin' :nana:

Other than that it is FANTASTIC! SSW version....glad I got ya!

I'm gonna hold judgment on this until I personally see it at SDCC. I may end up just ordering the reg though, as that flaming cheese cutter doesn't do anything for me.

And I agree with Fubeca . . . the first thought that came to my mind was where he starts to implode. All you need is Merry's sword at his heel, and Eowyn's sword through his helm. I mean, c'mon, the imploding scene is one we haven't seen represented yet!!! Makes me wonder if we should have asked for Eowny's sword as the EX instead.

One of my favourite characters but unfortunately an easy pass.:(

Think i might have to now pick up the SSW ML as it's a way better piece IMHO.

Feel sorry for Mal since he pushed for this real hard......although i guess he might actually like it.:eek:

My 2 cents. The scene with Eowyn fighting the ML was the one scene where I just knew that PJ had failed, ok perhaps a bit harsh. Get beyond the silly voice over in the Rankin Bass version of ROTK and you will find that scene in cartoon was FAR superior to what PJ put together in tension and tone. This was a shame, a sham, a total travesty.

Why this matters here? Well obviously there is some connection to that scene. I think PJ missed the mark here, or maybe it was WETA, but the ML looked awful and was often in these awkward poses. The flaming sword, nothing further to add. The mace/flail, well it is only positioned behind the figure because it had to fit on a round base. Very lame Sideshow.

Much prefer these versions...

morgullord.jpg

fellbeast.jpg

9338_press01-001.jpg

Sorry for that last image. I never took an actual picture of my SSW Morgul Lord, but you get the idea.

Maybe it's just me, but this looks like his left foot, and if it is, then it really looks weird to me. Where is his other leg located?

300033_press20-001.jpg

Back