MORGAN'S Hellfire Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early 'Christmas' presents showed up at my door.
(Warning heavy picture loaded post coming up:)

20161214_104431.jpg

20161214_120602.jpg

20161214_144859.jpg

20161214_144936.jpg

20161214_145021.jpg

20161214_152756.jpg

20161214_152734.jpg

I'm very happy with all three!
The switching of Batman's eyes is way too delicate though. Same can be said about Cap's shieldstraps. I tried putting the glove in the peg while being attached to the shield for about half an hour and I heard something snap. The clips came lose but no damage was done. I gave up after that final try.
I thought Batman's suit would be very easy to rip. But both Superman & Batman's suits are decent. I do hope that Batman's suit doens't wrinkle too much if I decided to change his pose. I haven't changed any poses of my figures since I've got them. (Except for The Joker (1989)).

Now that my Marvel collection is growing, the waiting for my first (& only) Iron Man will be a bit more painful. :thud:
I really need to change the lights in my Detolf but I hate all the exposed wiring...

20161214_144733.jpg

Awesome collection pic! You getting the 46 from CW?? Should be a killer figure to have. I have to say IM figures are some of the absolute best out there. The 45 is one of my favorite figures I own

It's going to be the Mk 46 from Civil War. I waited for a figure that came with a RDJ headsculpt. I only hate the base it comes with. And since it is diecast, a regular base isn't heavy enough to prevent the figure from toppling.

That Lego Hobbit set will have to make room once Doctor Strange joins Ant-Man in my display next year.

The bigger bases can be a pain especially if you want to have more than 2 per shelf. The diecast is nice but I prefer the days when they were plastic.
Plastic beats Diecast for me too, it holds detail just as good if not better, its cheaper and the only real benefit from diecast is the paintwork or maybe the weight(which doesn't really matter if its going to be on display).

If you think licensing is a minor deal just look at what happened with the nba cba today. That deal was hung up on who controls likeness rights and a big part of that being an issue this time is the enterbay NBA deal that players didn't feel compensated them enough for. Or at least the star players anyway.

I've yet to have anyone look at my 5-6 IM I have and say they prefer the plastic.

They usually pick up the DC and give a 'whoa'.........whatever that means :dunno

All I know is I wouldn't want a perfect figure, WM MK1 DC, to be 100% plastic. (whether that's all mental or not). Feels more quality to me, like I can move it around comfortably and not have to baby it.

Just my 2 pennies :)

There is the London Toy Fair in February but I'm not sure if Hot Toys is present at that event.

When's the next convention?

There's a couple nearly every month. But what ones hot toys opts to do are a mystery right now.

The toy soul thing is so odd. Not only has it been hot toys main con for the last few years but they pretty much started it. It would be like hasbro skipping botcon or Disney not doing d23 or whatever it's called. But they used to only do one or two shows a year and those displays where much smaller. The last two years they have done like 4 huge shows a year. It's like doing sdcc four times a year and that's got to cost a ton of money and they don't get that much out of it sales wise. They could do the same thing with the pop up stores and at toy sapians and Shanghai Disney and cut out most the cons. It's just odd to drop the one in your home town. There has to be a specific reason I'm sure.

Last edited:
Well that's majorly disappointing, and not just missing out on the displays but also the Toy Fair exclusives :(

I would think that despite the costs involved, the media exposure and increased attention would translate to more sales, and that would be enough incentive for Hot Toys to attend. Curious why they passed :confused:

Back