More Iron Men?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really, in the Extended Legion (lets start w/ Mark VII) there are 11 original armors with one repaint each (plus 1 repaint Hot Rod from War Machine)

1 Mark VII and Midas
2 Mark IIX and Piston
3 Mark IX and Python
4 Mark X and Tiger
5 Mark XI and Jack
6 Mark XII and Disco
7 Heartbreaker and Tank
8 Shotgun and Shades
9 Thumper and Gamma
10 Blue Steel and Silver Centurion
11 Red Snapper and Peacemaker
12 (War Machine 2/Iron Patriot) and Hot Rod

And 7 unique armors

1 Nightclub
2 Sneaky
3 Igor
4 Starboost
5 Hammerhead
6 Bones
7 Mark 42

And the original 6 Marks, leaving 6 more that are combinations of existing parts in unique configurations:

Mark XIII
Mark XIV
Cassonova
Fiddler
Romeo
Southpaw

So out of 42 total: 24 are original, 12 repaints and 6 kitbashes

Conclusion, more than half are unique suits. So there :lol

I just started collecting HT's and kinda shocked on how many freaking Iron Man's that were released? I thought Batman was bad, but wow! Glad I am more a DC fan than Marvel fan. I would be broke trying to play catch up with iron man since I am kinda of a completest when it comes to collecting.

I just started collecting HT's and kinda shocked on how many freaking Iron Man's that were released? I thought Batman was bad, but wow! Glad I am more a DC fan than Marvel fan. I would be broke trying to play catch up with iron man since I am kinda of a completest when it comes to collecting.

Are you getting the new Batman armory..? looks fantastic. and yes there are tons of IM, I feel bad for completists :lol

I am getting the Armory with Alfred and Bruce Wayne. Not cheap :( Doing the payment plan as well with the Hulk and Banner. I digged the 2nd Hulk movie with Norton and loved him in The Avengers. My favorite character in the movie besides Robert Downy JR as Iron Man.

Are you getting the Armory?

Last edited:
I never got into Marvel figures that much as I was more drawn to classics that defines my childhood and youth(Superman CR, Batman 1989, Godfather, Matrix) though Mark IV was my second figure.

However, having lost interest in the Marvel multitudes, I'll probably get rid of it and only keep Thor since I'm a sucker for Nordic mythology. :)

So, yah. The army of Iron Men killed the interest in Marvel in me.

I am getting the Armory with Alfred and Bruce Wayne. Not cheap :( Doing the payment plan as well with the Hulk and Banner. I digged the 2nd Hulk movie with Norton and loved him in The Avengers. My favorite character in the movie besides Robert Downy JR has Iron Man.

Definitely, best value pack HT's is ever gunna put out :D
and yeah Hulk is badass, dont know if he'll ever get his own movie again but id go see it

I am getting the Armory with Alfred and Bruce Wayne. Not cheap :( Doing the payment plan as well with the Hulk and Banner. I digged the 2nd Hulk movie with Norton and loved him in The Avengers. My favorite character in the movie besides Robert Downy JR has Iron Man.

You, uhh, you do know that Norton wasn't in Avengers, right?

You, uhh, you do know that Norton wasn't in Avengers, right?

You, uhh know I never said Norton Hulk in Avengers and there was two solo Hulk movies right? I was stating that I liked the Norton Hulk solo movie and the Hulk (not Norton) in the Avengers as a character. I hoped you would have understood what I meant.

LOL, yah. Oh well, I know the won't end it, but its so ridiculous and depressing. I get the diecast, the rehashing of the suits RDJ actually wore in the movies, but these Igor, Starboost, Centurion...

Oh well.. supply and demand. A buddy of mine that collects only Marvel (and is an obsessive completist) had the following to say when I pointed out that there are these other suits that HT has not announced YET: "No ****** way. Screw them for making so many" :D

He has to buy them all, of course hehe.

I, luckily, buy these "old school figures" he doesn't care about like Predator, Terminator, Crow. Its easy for me. For every figure I buy, he has to get 3-4 Iron Men .

I was once a completionist, then I realised I was buying stuff from movies I didn't even like.... :(

Honestly, I'm sick of seeing them do Iron Man.. They are all really cool, but I feel they should focus on their other licenses that they have such as X-Men, yes X-Men, not just Wolverine.

I was once a completionist, then I realised I was buying stuff from movies I didn't even like.... :(

Yah. I almost ened up on that path but the prices kept me in check so now I ponder for quite a while before pulling the trigger on any given figure. Limiting myself to 2-3 per year does the trick :)

Its a shame that the Age of Iron will last another 4-5 years at least meaning that they won't have the resources to tackle any other license us older collectors would love to see done, but once Marvel dries up (it can't last forever, hopefully) they might allow their talent to explore some braver licences like they did with the Crow, 300, Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia or Clash of the Titans back in the day. Not saying those were all great figures but at least HT was willing to make them.

I'll be testing this notion when GOTG figures come out. I only have a cursory knowledge of most of the character involved. I'm pretty sure I won't be interested in the min characters.

Back