More Hot Toys Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
32310_JorEl_2_3x4.jpg
:cool:

Looking at Jor-El is great but when I saw this thread bumped I got excited that some were shipping....bittersweetness.

Incorrect to the standards that we the fans of Superman have but definitely more consistant the film which it represents. You'd imagine that Jor-El's shield would match Kal-El's even though it wasn't such in the original 70s film....I guarantee the shield change came from DC and WB themselves. Its really no matter I guarantee when this hits you'll see more accurate costuming and a black homemade variant within weeks of shipment.

Since the sculpt and the rest of the figure rocks, I can forgive them on using the new shield.

Just give us a Reeve Superman HT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Superman Returns shield is closer to the Reeve shield than the comic shield he had before, so I'd say it's an improvement. However from this pic I'm not sure it's changed.

I will say this is forgivable and not a big deal, just the shield is not accurate. But the shield for me is small potatoes, I will take the Marlon Brando figure any way I can get it.

Well this is a Superman Returns Jor-El not Superman The Movie Jor-El. Little changes like these should be expected and the changes are minor. I can't wait to get them in.

There are better pics in the new newsletter from HT. It's definitely the Returns shield. I can live with that and I do think it's an improvement over the first one with the black boots.

I hated those black combat boots. I had faith in Hot Toys fixing them.

I do wonder if the S shield is a branding issue or a rights issue though.

Black Suit Variant depends on how much license and connection there is between the Jor-El character in Superman: The Movie and Superman Returns. We never really see Jor-El but the white costume makes sense, not sure if WB/DC will want a Black Suit Variant but I have been surprised before.

If it comes though I guarantee it'll be an Asian Blister Exclusive and a pain in the ass to get.

Back