Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no problems with Skeletor. He-Man needs a new headsculpt, hopefully Mondo can offer an upgrade soon. I think an accessory pack with an alternate head design would be ideal.
Faker is a great figure, I would recommend getting him as the headsculpt seems better proportioned despite being the same sculpt.

After avoiding getting into this line, I just caved and order the Exclusive Met-Man too. Now I am trying to decide whether or not to pick up Skeletor & He-Man. There are things I don?t like about those two but Man-At-Arms looks great and if the are doing the Green Godess it mean Teela should be coming. . . For those that have them are He-Man and Skeletor better in hand?

I have both and love them both. The only bad thing about them are the ****** articulations, otherwise, I like they are both original yet true to the original.

I think the articulation is pretty good for big muscular figures. They aren’t going to get into any Spidey poses...but they are pretty good.

7E9B35D6-B316-40A4-80DE-3F10200D682B.jpg

No, imho, the stand is necessary.

As for sturdy, well, they are very heavy (hence the stand) so beware falls. My He man broke his left knee at my first trial to articulate (it’s a double joint, but on
Y one works on that knee and it’s not just that figure, skeletor’s left knee is similar). Fortunately, it was an easy fix but my point is they are very heavy but the pegs are very thin (like 0,5 cm thin).

How sturdy are they? Can you trust then to stand without the stands?

The sturdiness is the main reason I dropped collecting the line. Mer-Man was the last figure I owned
and his left leg was almost completely loose below the knee joint right out of the box.

Both Skeletor figures (Original and Hot Topic GITD) I had could not hold the weight of their weapons,
the hands would just rotate downward themselves on their own if you raised the arm up even 45 degrees.

The on the reverse end, the plastic is so tight in other areas that the figures squeak to death
when you move the torso or shoulders. Completely mixed bag with the quality of the figures themselves.

I've been looking into alternatives for the He-Man headsculpt, and pulled out the Hot Toys ANH Luke hair sculpt, as it has that perfect late 70's / early 80's feathered look that I want for He-Man (Marc Singer in Beastmaster).

Here is the Luke hair on Mondo's head, and it has the general shape I want for He-Man.

I also put the Luke hair on the Marvel Legends 12" Thor head.

Again, these are by no means finished or permanent customs, just trying to get ideas of what I don't like about the Mondo head, and I think it is the general shape of the hairpiece.

Attachments

• 20200417_014337.jpg
    20200417_014337.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 117
  • 20200417_014527.jpg
    20200417_014527.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Without the hair, the headsculpt is actually growing on me, although it is a bit undersized. With a properly shaped hairpiece (and repaint) this would be much better.

Attachments

• 20200417_015742.jpg
    20200417_015742.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 20200417_015646.jpg
    20200417_015646.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 127
For those concerned about poseability, joints, and standing without a stand. Goddamn I love this line! Would I leave him in this pose without a stand long-term? No, but I wouldn't leave *any* Hot Toys or Sideshow $100+ figure in a pose that could potentially fall over and break something without ensuring it is on a stand and secure.

Attachments

• 20200417_041249.jpg
    20200417_041249.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 20200417_040944.jpg
    20200417_040944.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 20200417_041038.jpg
    20200417_041038.jpg
    935.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
One more batch!

Attachments

• 20200417_043100.jpg
    20200417_043100.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 20200417_043344.jpg
    20200417_043344.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 20200417_044406.jpg
    20200417_044406.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 189
Nice pose on that last pic there. :)

If anyone follows me on twitter or instagram they can see my take on He-Man's much disputed hair. :)

Thanks! I was excited to see I could get both hands to grip the sword, didn't think that was possible.

I checked out your He-Man designs, obviously #1 is closest to vintage. I liked #1 and #2 the most. The shoulder pauldron just doesn't say He-Man to me. The designs are great though.

Thanks! I was excited to see I could get both hands to grip the sword, didn't think that was possible.

I checked out your He-Man designs, obviously #1 is closest to vintage. I liked #1 and #2 the most. The shoulder pauldron just doesn't say He-Man to me. The designs are great though.

Oh thanks. I just did some sword designs too if you are interested. Let me know which one you like the most. :)

As for my He-Man design, well he's a Prince living in a medievil world so I wanted to add a little some thing to reflect that. Things like the pauldren and chain mail are just an option IF it were a real figure. :)
I will be refining no.1 some more as I am still not happy with his furries.

So does MONDO normally ship out their exclusive figures in nothing more than a flimsy cardboard mailer? I just received my Mer-Man, and what was excitement has turned into... well incredulity. (And a sinking feeling in my stomach reminiscent of dashed hopes.) I haven't got to the figure itself yet, but having this thing show up on my porch with holes punctured through it and into the box... I'm just appalled. I mean maybe $200.00 isn't a lot of money to some people, but it certainly is to me. I'd expect far more respect and care to be shown to customers buying a 'high-end', 'collectible' product. I feel like ordering from MONDO directly in the future is gamble I won't want to take.

You've really disappointed me MONDO. And I was so looking forward to more in this line. :gah:

Again, these are by no means finished or permanent customs, just trying to get ideas of what I don't like about the Mondo head, and I think it is the general shape of the hairpiece.

I dislike that the jaw is wider than the cheeks. This makes him look like a dimwitted lug, which the model-esque almond eyes don't match. Add the hairpiece (which flares out at the jaw, accentuating the "bottom-heavy" look) and it's an awkward combination of features.

The Marvel Legends 12" Thor head isn't exactly pretty, but it has more pleasing proportions and compatible features.

Back