Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another video tomorrow and a full review will be on the next episode of The Hottoycast.

https://youtu.be/YGr65noiCBY

Thanks for the great unboxing; I feel a little better now. Having it in hand, let me ask, how does he measure up to your Hot Toys figures? Is he in line with their bigger figures like John Matrix or the Affleck Batman figures?

Still love this figure, still absolutely want it, but still think these articulations are a joke. I remember reading an interview, in the early beginnings, where Mondo justified the number of visible articulations because they wanted to make a super poseable figure like the Japanese figs on the market. I thought, okay, why not, new approach.

Then we get this and my reaction is: what a big fail!

They remind me of Neca 1/4 figures, even down to the same squeeking noise in the joints. A thousand points of articulation butimpossible to pose.

You can't even put He-Man in his iconic pose holding aloft the Power Sword, since he can't look up.

Here’s some pics while another video is currently uploading to YouTube.

IMG_5094.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg

IMG_5087.jpg

IMG_5089.jpg

IMG_5093.jpg

IMG_5095.jpg

IMG_5096.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg

IMG_5090.jpg

IMG_5091.jpg

IMG_5092.jpg

IMG_5097.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and video Eamon!

How does he scale with Hot Toys figures? I am a little concerned since their Batman was a little undersized.

Looks great. Really, the only thing that bugs me is how they made the elbows look double jointed but the are single joints that from the looks of them can't even quite do a 90 degree bend. Otherwise it looks pretty great, especially for the price point.

I still cannot get past that head sculpt. It is too elongated and just looks like a male model with a blonde bowl cut.
Don't get those He-Man feels at all from it.

Guess I got spoiled by all the fantastic work the Four Horsemen have churned out for
the MOTU community over the years.

To each his/her own, though.

Thank you Eamon! Any chance you can take some pictures with the vintage head on the figure?

Thanks for the great pics Eamon! That shows him off much better. I still can't justify it for the price as the armor still looks odd to me the way it sits on him and I also am not a huge fan of the face sculpt. But he's actually a cool piece all around. I like the interpretation design-wise of the weapons and armor.

I still cannot get past that head sculpt. It is too elongated and just looks like a male model with a blonde bowl cut.
Don't get those He-Man feels at all from it.

That's my main issue. It's a nice enough figure, the design is solid, the weapons look mostly great, but I look at it and that face just doesn't scream He-Man to me. Not a big fan of the shoulders and how the chestplate armour sits, either. I could get past some of the clumpy paint and other minor quibbles, but somehow the overall He-Manness is just a bit lacking for me, and that just kills it for me.

Anyway, thanks for the pics, Eamon.

That's my main issue. It's a nice enough figure, the design is solid, the weapons look mostly great, but I look at it and that face just doesn't scream He-Man to me. Not a big fan of the shoulders and how the chestplate armour sits, either. I could get past some of the clumpy paint and other minor quibbles, but somehow the overall He-Manness is just a bit lacking for me, and that just kills it for me.

Anyway, thanks for the pics, Eamon.

If the retro head had more paint detail, I would probably prefer it to the main one. Have to say that after checking out Eamon's review and photos, the face itself has grown on me. It's just the hair that looks so awkward. Such a sharp, boxy cut at the sides of the bangs.

Ok, you're actually able to get a lot more poses out of him than the guy in the first (terrible) unboxing video. He wasn't able to move the head up.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of this line. I preordered exclusive He-Man and Skeletor from Mondo so hopefully I'll be getting him soon.

Thanks for the video.

Thanks lads. I'll take a few more more dynamic pose pics over the weekend.

I love all things MOTU and indeed barbarian etc. and the only 1:6 scale figure I have that comes even close is Hot Toys Leonidas...a figure I dare not pose too much. So this Mondo He-Man is very exciting to me as I have at a last a dope barbarian figure with axe and shield that I can actually play with without having to worry. Poseability without worry is everything to me.

Back