MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crazy how long these are taking considering its all plastic. no intricate tailoring or anything like that involved, early on i wrongly assumed it wouldnt be so long of a wait.

Something to keep in mind is that Mondo is new to the action figure market and are a small company. They did put out the First Turtle but it had very limited articulation and they had the Iron Giant figure but it was very different from the Turtles. It's going to take some time for them to get their feet wet and learn the ins and outs of dealing with manufacturing overseas.

crazy how long these are taking considering its all plastic. no intricate tailoring or anything like that involved, early on i wrongly assumed it wouldnt be so long of a wait.

It's already been mentioned but when you're not a big client (for the factory), your stuff gets pushed back. Having never been over to China, but worked with a few factories, via e-mail, I have a hunch there's only maybe 4 or 5 factories producing figures. I'm pretty sure Hot Toys has their own factory, I think DID is their own factory. I'm pretty sure Blitzway, DAM/VTS and Kaustic are all made in the same place.

I used to do some work with a few factories overseas, and you really just cycle through their queue. They'll send you the sample, like Brock has shown, and you make notes, and send it back to them with the requested changes, then they put it to the back of the line, and a few weeks to a few months later, they send you the revised sample, and hopefully they've addressed everything, and hopefully no new problems arise.

The 'delay' is really just relative to what point in the process a company solicits pre-orders. If you photo your pre-production prototype and put that up for pre-order, you're maybe only 3-6 months from delivery. If you photo your in-house proto and put that up for pre-order, you're 8-12 months out.

It's already been mentioned but when you're not a big client (for the factory), your stuff gets pushed back. Having never been over to China, but worked with a few factories, via e-mail, I have a hunch there's only maybe 4 or 5 factories producing figures. I'm pretty sure Hot Toys has their own factory, I think DID is their own factory. I'm pretty sure Blitzway, DAM/VTS and Kaustic are all made in the same place.

I used to do some work with a few factories overseas, and you really just cycle through their queue. They'll send you the sample, like Brock has shown, and you make notes, and send it back to them with the requested changes, then they put it to the back of the line, and a few weeks to a few months later, they send you the revised sample, and hopefully they've addressed everything, and hopefully no new problems arise.

The 'delay' is really just relative to what point in the process a company solicits pre-orders. If you photo your pre-production prototype and put that up for pre-order, you're maybe only 3-6 months from delivery. If you photo your in-house proto and put that up for pre-order, you're 8-12 months out.

This was a fascinating read generally never mind in relation to the topic. Thanks for posting that.

Anyone know how these will compare to the 1/6 Shredder and Casey Jones figures that are coming out? I know they're being released by two different companies.

I would think that these turtles might be too tall for that Shredder & Casey Jones. If I remember some of the earlier info, these TMNT are 11 inches tall. Based on the Mirage comics that I have, in-scale Shredder & Casey should probably be closer to 13 inches. But whatever, it all looks fantastic so far!!!

Are we there yet?

giphy.gif

Back