MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice review. This shot was pretty cool.
0bef7500d59bdec0d94d8197d5eb3d83.png

The NECA turtle, to me looks more Eastman-ish. MONDO did a good job at capturing Peter Laird's turtles. Can't go wrong either way though I always liked Laird's turtles a little bit more.

The NECA turtle, to me looks more Eastman-ish. MONDO did a good job at capturing Peter Laird's turtles. Can't go wrong either way though I always liked Laird's turtles a little bit more.

Hmm have to look up the comic archive images..thought for sure both guys worked on the original first run of comics :dunno

I remember the Mirage run was pretty gruesome..Leo chopped some faces and Donny bashed some skulls :horror

I tried to remove the tail but I don't believe it's detachable.

The tail on mine doesn't seem to move at all

I don't think it's removable but has variable articulation based off of which batch you got.

Alright now that i got the turtle in my possession i can confirm that the tail is Indeed removable as before even taking him out the box that is the 1st things that i did was to remove his tail.. It did not take that much pressure and it popped right off and back in the box it went lol, it is on a ball peg that just very easily came off with some pressure put on it. So anyone else like myself that is wanting to display this without the tail that is an option for this collectible..

Hmm have to look up the comic archive images..thought for sure both guys worked on the original first run of comics :dunno

I remember the Mirage run was pretty gruesome..Leo chopped some faces and Donny bashed some skulls :horror

They both worked on the originals. Kevin initially did the pencils and Laird then expanded them.

Here's some work by both to show how their styles were

Spoiler Spoiler:

Peter Laird

Spoiler Spoiler:

More Kevin Eastman influence

One theory on why the sword sheath/belts are breaking is possibly due to the packaging
I found it difficult to get it out of the plastic clam shell, seems like it would be easy to break if the sword sheath is still stuck in there while u are pulling the figure out

Just be careful when removing

Eastman turtles get my vote, always loved the longer necks

They both worked on the originals. Kevin initially did the pencils and Laird then expanded them.

Here's some work by both to show how their styles were

Peter Laird

More Kevin Eastman influence

:lol ah yes I remember the difference now..good memory :duff

I didn't realize the style changed..

You remember those Triceratops characters in the space suits and the female with the armor and braids :wink1:

One theory on why the sword sheath/belts are breaking is possibly due to the packaging
I found it difficult to get it out of the plastic clam shell, seems like it would be easy to break if the sword sheath is still stuck in there while u are pulling the figure out

Just be careful when removing

Eastman turtles get my vote, always loved the longer necks

I totally agree with this. I had some degree difficulty removing my figure out of the clamshell packaging and this is after the secure wires had been removed from its neck/legs.

I had to remove it very very carefully or I would of almost certainly broke the sword sheath as mention. So please be careful.

But if you take your time, Leo should come out with out any damage.
Glad to see a lot of folks enjoying their figure. Leo looks awesome!

I really love the way Leo came out. I was looking for comic-based figures larger than 7" and Mondo delivered. I'm completely satisfied. Can't wait for the other three.

looks beautiful but the joints are hit or miss. i still can't move one of his hips forward/backward...

You may need to rotate the hip joint from side-to-side, to front-to-back. If it's too tight to do this, CAREFULLY use a hairdryer to loosen it up a tad. After a few times moving it around, it should be easier.

My Leo came with a left hand that is so tight I can't put the sword in am I the only one or is that common?

Back