Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, I wouldn't put it past M8 to send some people here to start a lot of drama in hopes that this thread gets shut down. Don't take the bait, this thread needs to stay alive.

I believe more would chime in on the matter in some 1:6 discussion groups (like here) and also on social media, but there was much defense and support of M8 in social media across a number of 1:6 discussion groups on Facebook and now with new revelations from credible sources . . . it appears many who was on the M8 bandwagon pretty much are keeping quiet due to the obvious embarrassment and hypocrisy.

Even respected talents like Vimal and KA Kim are obviously embarrassed, but it's also about the money. I'm sure M8 pretty much used a number of tactics resulting in subterfuge (i.e. bribes, etc.) resulting in good word of mouth, but many saw it for what it is. As with such other dubious incidents in the 1:6 hobby (i.e. The Creepshow Father's Day Figure), this too will likely continue until there is some final closure.

I've never been a Beatles fan, for one simple reason: I just find it too overwhelmingly sad. This poor guy, just murdered in the street like a dog. I can't get over the tragedy of it.

It's one thing to have a figure of a fictional character that dies in a movie. Or even a figure of a character played by someone that's died, like all my Princess Leia figures. But I think I'd just be way too sad to look at John Lennon or Bruce Lee or Kurt Cobain or anyone like that on my shelf.

That's just me. I don't know. I just find Lennon's story so incredibly sad it actually makes me tear up thinking about it. And I don't even like the music that much.

I'm guessing not a lot of people see it that way cause despite the crap this company pulled, this seems to be a very desired figure for a lot of people.

There are still plenty of people in the world who care not for what is decent and right......they just want everything they can get and screw the consequence for anything else imvolved.....

Quite a few of them end up very successful and end up running and ruining once great companies...

So does it surprise me that in this hobby we have people who are so self centered they cannot understand why what M8 did is bad for the hobby? Not even a little

Its interesting to note on a psychological level how a narcissist thinks however...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd sell mine if I could. It feels tainted. it is tainted. I don't think this is going to be a big seller either down the road or up the road folks.

I think it has the possibility to gather value due to its notoriety but I'm really hoping the scales will fall from people's eyes and they start to see how awful this figure really is. Packaging aside the figure looks horrible to me. The proportions really Jar me every time I see it. The arms are too long the shoulders too wide the head is way too small. The jacket is horrible, just a horrible cut too thick and looks like a duffle coat.
The hair's got a massive seam running through it.
The hands are for playing a non existent piano.
The guitar is too small.
The body looks like gumby and I think it'll be split all over in a year.
It's laughable that those who have bought it are now searching around for a body to make the head look ok after already shelling out $300.
The only people who are praising it are the hardcore m8 defenders that received it who couldn't possibly criticize it and the reviewers who got it for free.
Some people were actually claiming it as the best 1/6 figure ever produced!
Emperor's New clothes syndrome.

M8 really has brought out the best and Chalor in people.

I believe more would chime in on the matter in some 1:6 discussion groups (like here) and also on social media, but there was much defense and support of M8 in social media across a number of 1:6 discussion groups on Facebook and now with new revelations from credible sources . . . it appears many who was on the M8 bandwagon pretty much are keeping quiet due to the obvious embarrassment and hypocrisy.

Even respected talents like Vimal and KA Kim are obviously embarrassed, but it's also about the money. I'm sure M8 pretty much used a number of tactics resulting in subterfuge (i.e. bribes, etc.) resulting in good word of mouth, but many saw it for what it is. As with such other dubious incidents in the 1:6 hobby (i.e. The Creepshow Father's Day Figure), this too will likely continue until there is some final closure.

I don't think these are very fair statements. People supported M8 in the beginning because they wanted it to be true and Lennon looked fantastic. That simple. If M8 had turned out to be everything they promised, people on that side of the fence would be crowing. It's fallen the other way, which has brought out the "I told you so" crowd, and the bitter people who were doubtful to start with, were called out, and now are right and are hurt by the statements to the contrary. You'll always get people from both sides. M8 turning bad has just brought out some trolls.

It's laughable that those who have bought it are now searching around for a body to make the head look ok after already shelling out $300.

--

This.

You would be astonished how many can and will justify exactly what you posted/said (i.e. it's my $ and I can do whatever I want).

Yes. They can and did.

IMHO . . . it just makes them look . . . "silly" regardless of common sense, logic, and rationale.

Then again . . . we're all adults discussing what are "toys".

I don't think these are very fair statements. People supported M8 in the beginning because they wanted it to be true and Lennon looked fantastic. That simple. If M8 had turned out to be everything they promised, people on that side of the fence would be crowing. It's fallen the other way, which has brought out the "I told you so" crowd, and the bitter people who were doubtful to start with, were called out, and now are right and are hurt by the statements to the contrary. You'll always get people from both sides. M8 turning bad has just brought out some trolls.

--

AH . . . an M8 defender / supporter.

Thank you for chiming in.

From the beginning, I had doubts, waited, and witnessed what unfolded. Yes. I'm part of the "I told you so." crowd. No denying it, but the writing was on the wall and there were those who encouraged others to take a bit of the 1:6 feces sandwich because of the hype.

I'll leave it at that.

--

From the beginning, I had doubts, waited, and witnessed what unfolded. Yes. I'm part of the "I told you so." crowd. No denying it, but the writing was on the wall and there were those who encouraged others to take a bit of the 1:6 feces sandwich because of the hype.

I'll leave it at that.

Benefit of hindsight.
The figure actually DID get released.
And had VJ not become greedy, most of the conversations now would be, what the hopes are for
Wonka.
And the “I told you so” would have been the other way around.

I did defend M8 in the beginning, because the mob mentality here was getting outrageous.
With KA Kim being silent up until now, with the rest of the artist, you can also see what appears to be the struggles of
An up and coming new toy maker who bit off more than they can chew by saying they are even gonna be better than the glorious Hot Toys.

That’s really where a lot of people took issues.
I wasn’t surprised at all with all of the delays. Even hot toys have shown prototypes,
And release figure, 3 years or more later.

So it’s not surprising to see a new toy maker hit the road bumps.
Again, just a few weeks ago, the... they will never release this figure debate...
If we are only talking about Lennon, the “I told you so” is still the other way around.
Cause the figure is in a lot of people’s hands.

What VJ did after is another matter.

I thought they were too good to be true, yet really hoped they weren't. What put their dodgyness beyond reasonable doubt for me was when one guy here gifted them a PayPal payment, then asked for a refund and yet they strung him along for a while making him feel naive. Respectable companies don't do that.

What they did to him was what they've done to everyone from KA Kim down. Even people who got a figure have been scammed - they've received s substandard flawed KNOCK OFF of KA Kim's sculpt for $300 when the sculpt'll be coming out of the back door of the factory for $30 in a few weeks and the rest is riddled with QC problems. Are sideshow seriously selling this? Didn't realise they moved into the pirated figures business.

Benefit of hindsight.
And had VJ not become greedy, most of the conversations now would be, what the hopes are for
Wonka.

I did defend M8 in the beginning, because the mob mentality here was getting outrageous.
With KA Kim being silent up until now, with the rest of the artist, you can also see what appears to be the struggles of
An up and coming new toy maker who bit off more than they can chew by saying they are even gonna be better than the glorious Hot Toys.

I wasn’t surprised at all with all of the delays. Even hot toys have shown prototypes,

Again, just a few weeks ago, the... they will never release this figure debate...
If we are only talking about Lennon, the “I told you so” is still the other way around.

No it's not, it's the same matter. You either have morals or you don't.

You'll always get people from both sides. M8 turning bad has just brought out some trolls.

trump-2.jpg

I love that so many are now mad at the "I told you so" crowd after they themselves did the 'I told you so' thing once the figure started to be released. Jesus, what a community we have here.

But that's the thing, Vijay did this from the early on with bad promises and unfulfilled payments and abusing talent. Can't say this all started happening after the release. Read the main investor's post and you can see this was a long and ongoing issue well prior to everything. The only thing in true doubt is Vijay's initial intentions but given his lengthy questionable history in the video game industry it truly appears he was going to screw people one way or another from the get go and just hope to get away with it.

There are still plenty of people in the world who care not for what is decent and right......they just want everything they can get and screw the consequence for anything else imvolved.....

Quite a few of them end up very successful and end up running and ruining once great companies...

So does it surprise me that in this hobby we have people who are so self centered they cannot understand why what M8 did is bad for the hobby? Not even a little

Its interesting to note on a psychological level how a narcissist thinks however...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, however this guy goes beyond your "typical ruthless executive".

It's ****** to leave your associates and friends high and dry but this POS didn't just do that, he outright stole from them. It's bad to receive zero earnings, now imagine being left in negative numbers, what a scumbag. :mad:

I thought they were too good to be true, yet really hoped they weren't. What put their dodgyness beyond reasonable doubt for me was when one guy here gifted them a PayPal payment, then asked for a refund and yet they strung him along for a while making him feel naive. Respectable companies don't do that.

What they did to him was what they've done to everyone from KA Kim down. Even people who got a figure have been scammed - they've received s substandard flawed KNOCK OFF of KA Kim's sculpt for $300 when the sculpt'll be coming out of the back door of the factory for $30 in a few weeks and the rest is riddled with QC problems. Are sideshow seriously selling this? Didn't realise they moved into the pirated figures business.

:goodpost:

--

I'll leave it at that.

Read what I said again. You've missed my point. I was talking about the first half of your statement - the first paragraph. I am completely not an M8 supporter. Vijay is scum. You've not been reading this thread if you think I like them :lol I just don't agree with what you said. I was pointing out that you'd get the same reaction from whatever half was in the right - crowing and "I told you so" is rampant on here and Facebook. Go back through the thread and you'll see it yo-yo back and forth between supporters and haters since M8's first announcement.

No it's not, it's the same matter. You either have morals or you don't.

:lecture Exactly.

Benefit of hindsight.
Wonka.

I don’t see it as “another matter”. To me, Vajayjay “biting off more than he can chew” and the ripping off of artists are inextricably linked. To those who refused to buy into the narrative that a guy with a vague company history and background in game development could “revolutionise action figures” by bringing out a DX-style set with a newly-developed silicon body for $300, it was clear that there were only two ways that was ever going to happen: M8 taking a loss, or the artists being ripped off.

There was a touch of “mob mentality” at various points in this thread, but mostly it was just a bunch of hope on one side and a bunch of scepticism on the other.

Back