Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

My review will be up tonight. Someone asked about the guitar strap? Obviously, one end goes on the grommet on the bottom end of the body on the strap button. The other end attaches to the head stock just above the nut. They include a little loop of string that you wrap around the head stock, and the strap then attaches to the plastic piece on this little loop of string. Make sense?

My review will be up tonight. Someone asked about the guitar strap? Obviously, one end goes on the grommet on the bottom end of the body on the strap button. The other end attaches to the head stock just above the nut. They include a little loop of string that you wrap around the head stock, and the strap then attaches to the plastic piece on this little loop of string. Make sense?

Now that's a review worth reading! Looking forward to your thoughts!

right up there with craftone quality

2 reviews up the ripped armpit looks like a common issue although 1st review doesn't say it looks noticeable from the articulation part.

2 reviews up the ripped armpit looks like a common issue

Meh, just a bunch of Hot Toys fanboy shills trying to diminish the greatness of the most revolutionary 1/6 figure of our time.

This is a really odd release. Some parts look high end, the base, packaging, the K.A. Kim head sculpt. Other elements seem cheap as hell especially that awful rubber body over the endo, the hair and some of the clothing.

Lots of promise but still has the appearance of a prototype needing more development. Hopefully they iron things out for future releases, cut the BS and realise it's better to under promise and over deliver.

Still have no clue why they would opt for a rubber sleeved body when all of the articulation is hidden. And whenever I see just the body I'm reminded of a Stretch Armstrong, but with less definition :lol

nintchdbpict000401227463.jpg

Still, at least he construction of the metal body looks good even if it's a bit of a waste.

Got mine about an hour ago checked body no probs here, also I saw Deans video where he says body is a different colour, mines actually the same so thats good.
The thing is very impressive in hand I must say it looks so much better than I imagined, you really cant appreciate the details and quality till you see it for yourself, It is very heavy to.
Very glad I bought one and actually I may even buy another :)

Still have no clue why they would opt for a rubber sleeved body when all of the articulation is hidden. And whenever I see just the body I'm reminded of a Stretch Armstrong, but with less definition :lol

nintchdbpict000401227463.jpg

Still, at least he construction of the metal body looks good even if it's a bit of a waste.

I don't really understand how anyone can defend the body given that Phicen/TBleague have been doing the same thing for years, but for every possible male or female body type you could ever need, with complete anatomical detailing, and even relatively accurate muscle deformation when posed.

20170227170381078107_530x@2x.jpg

The final insult is including a vanity booklet for the Mark I Endoskeleton that Lennon doesn't come with, and looks increasingly likely to never be produced.

Yeah, the actually look of the rubber basebody is a joke... and far behind what Phicen has been doing for a long time now. And again, I just don't see the logic of using this type of body when it's completely covered by clothing... you don't gain any aesthetic improvements, but greatly reduce the articulation and increase the likelihood of QC issues both in the short and long-term.

I don't see why everyone is praising the base.
The magnetic base idea only works if all the joints are super tight. If there is any looseness in the ankles, knees, or hips, the figure is going flop right down, even if the feet stay firmly planted.
I guess it's fine for museum poses, so maybe I'm underestimating how many people keep all of their figs in museum poses....

I don't see why everyone is praising the base.
The magnetic base idea only works if all the joints are super tight. If there is any looseness in the ankles, knees, or hips, the figure is going flop right down, even if the feet stay firmly planted.
I guess it's fine for museum poses, so maybe I'm underestimating how many people keep all of their figs in museum poses....

That has been a concern of mine as well. And showing the metal infrastructure, it doesn't seem to have the ability to lock into place. Seems likely to have a flopped over figure at some point.

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

The base to me is very stylish and minimalistic, it has that “apple” look to it, white with glass. For my personal taste, is way better and elegant than a “maquette like” approach. The magnets makes that cleaner and uncluttered look possible.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Good luck to those poor saps that need to contact M8 about a replacement body.

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I don’t get why people keep on being so pesimistic and negative about every single aspect of this.

Of course it’s not a perfect figure, it has a lot of flaws and M8 has been a pain in the ass, but at the end, they delivered.

I know that this thread has been a lot of fun, but get over it guys! Haha

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

As to the base - the body is SUPER tight and solid. It won't be flopping anywhere. However, I do have a problem with those sandal wearing feet...

Gentlemen, we are witnessing the beginning of the end for the greatest thread of all time. How will we cope?

Gentlemen, we are witnessing the beginning of the end for the greatest thread of all time. How will we cope?

I'm sure the Wonka thread will provide plenty of amusement and drama.

That has been a concern of mine as well. And showing the metal infrastructure, it doesn't seem to have the ability to lock into place. Seems likely to have a flopped over figure at some point.

Honestly this thing is going nowhere its very stiff and considering it weighs a ton it must have very strong joints

Back