Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Yes where I come from that means rip off and copy means the same, its not. Its not more elegant either its much bigger, heavier and looks a lot more robust.

Maybe you should just stick to the definitions on your side of the pond then. Try deciphering Pillock.

Clearly they want people to think they are getting the high end, was never going to happen Mark1. Fooled the reviewer.

I thought M8 themselves stated the endoskeleton was canceled? Thought I saw them say that on FB. Very odd they would have it up for ordering then.

Has anyone seen a pic of this on a shelf next to another 1/6 figure? Really curious how it will scale on the shelf, and what 1/6 means to M8.

It might not be new but I do love the magnetic base. Wish Hot Toys would use this idea instead of the crotch grabbers which look cheap and can damage the figure.

Head STILL looks micro-sized to me next to any 1/6 figure shown...can't unsee it and it bothers me enough not to order it

Uncle Clipper has got it covered guys!

Not only is Rick an awesome guy but he speaks the truth..... looking forward to seeing his thoughts.

Clipper king....... pics also by Clipper.

"Straight from the box sneak peak.
Worth the wait ...... YES!!!
First impression ...... Heavy as **** and body feels better quality than anything I’ve ever felt"

View attachment 417902
View attachment 417903
View attachment 417904

It's hard to believe such high praise for this guy when I read this?

It might not be new but I do love the magnetic base. Wish Hot Toys would use this idea instead of the crotch grabbers which look cheap and can damage the figure.

If there is one thing M8 did right it was that base.

She is clearly an authority on 1/6 :lol

Although the comment that the body is sticky is interesting; wonder if that's just that the material creates some friction like rubber bodies normally do or if it's actually tacky to the touch?

She is clearly an authority on 1/6 :lol

Although the comment that the body is sticky is interesting; wonder if that's just that the material creates some friction like rubber bodies normally do or if it's actually tacky to the touch?

An beatles fan by the looks of it.:rotfl
I'm gonna straight up say after seeing Deans unboxing wtf the patches have double sided 3M tape. Now my next question after that is that white gaffa tape under the collar of the green shirt. :rotfl

I expected the patches to be applied all this talk about being the next I am and they can't even get the patches on the jacket. :rotfl

I think Raymond F.'s assessment is pretty accurate... for $300 it's a decent buy, but it is in no-way the 2nd coming of Christ. M8 did a great job of hyping themselves even though most of us smelled ******** from the start; but that has really hurt them as it's hard to take them or this figure seriously. If they can right the ship over the next few releases maybe they'll get passed this, but for now they have one figure that they under-delivered on.

I think Raymond F.'s assessment is pretty accurate... for $300 it's a decent buy, but it is in no-way the 2nd coming of Christ. M8 did a great job of hyping themselves even though most of us smelled ******** from the start; but that has really hurt them as it's hard to take them or this figure seriously. If they can right the ship over the next few releases maybe they'll get passed this, but for now they have one figure that they under-delivered on.

After all the ups and downs of this release it's probably unlikely but I'll still keep my fingers crossed they can deliver a great Jack Burton figure after Sideshow dropped the ball with their version.

I'm still hopeful they release a great Wonka... but no way I'd ever prepay for anything from them.

He might as well be a statue from these pics. Is there no articulation? Where are all the dynamic action poses?

I think he looks pretty decent. The do it yourself patches are an utter joke, and will just fall off the jacket over time. That is disappointing.

Thank you Asta for posting that pic. I think he scales up ok for the most part. The head looks ok scale wise to me in that group shot. I think the bulky/blocky hair is throwing it off for everyone.

Hopefully they learn from this, as they have some interesting licenses. Just pre-order elsewhere...

He might as well be a statue from these pics. Is there no articulation? Where are all the dynamic action poses?

That is one thing that I have wondered with the magnetic base, how well it will hold a pose over time. Has anyone mentioned how the joints are? Every pic he looks the same, stiff.

Back