Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

"Thanks for your support.

We are not sure whether Wonka will be ready for the pre-order date, it is unlikely, however like John, we will show the process of how he comes together so you wont miss a thing.

Thank you

Molecule8 team"
Wow transparency, that's new.

I'm beginning to come around to the fact that these folks are actually doing what they say they are doing, and it's got me a teensy bit excited, because if that body turns out to be real, I might finally have a great choice for the figure I've always wanted to make. . . . Scott Pilgrim.

Seamless body, normal build, plus guitar playing hands. It'd be perfect!

You can finally make that Buffalo Bill you've always wanted...

FdxslB.gif

Fun fact, I've never seen that movie

Please let me in on that. Dream figure for me.

I'm beginning to come around to the fact that these folks are actually doing what they say they are doing, and it's got me a teensy bit excited, because if that body turns out to be real, I might finally have a great choice for the figure I've always wanted to make. . . . Scott Pilgrim.

This would make for an awesome line...all the Evil Exes and Ramona too...!

While I don't know how you get around it, you're right. This is a figure that totally doesn't need a "seamless" body, but you get seams in one of the few places you will be seeing it--the wrists.
Perfect observation :)

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

How do you NOT have seams on the wrists when the hands are interchangeable? Seems like they're pretty clean compared to countless other bodies on the market... And who gives a **** about the ones at the ankles? Really? Pants. Boots. Pants and boots will hide those. Heck, the shirts and jacket he comes with will hide the wrists most times as well. I think it looks pretty damned good for a seamless body with interchangeable hands and feet. Think about it having horrible rubber flippers on the ends of those arms instead of a good pair of sculpted hands. That's what you'd get if you didn't have those seams.

Last edited:

EB's older BL bodies put the seam up the forearm a bit. It was a good option for a fully dressed figure.

EB's older BL bodies put the seam up the forearm a bit. It was a good option for a fully dressed figure.

I'm not too familiar with EB bodies, old or new :) That would be a good option. However, I'm personally not too concerned about the seams. I get it though...

Ahhh... The BL 2.5 has em' further up the forearm. Nice touch ;)

These pics from their forum more clearly show the body.
View attachment 352878

View attachment 352879

View attachment 352880

View attachment 352881

View attachment 352882

View attachment 352883

View attachment 352884

View attachment 352885

View attachment 352886

View attachment 352887

View attachment 352888

View attachment 352889

View attachment 352890

View attachment 352891

View attachment 352892

View attachment 352893

These actually look like it might be a real, manufactured product. . . perhaps sprayed with primer.

The boots close-up pics look real, there's some small defects there, that probably wouldn't be if it was computer generated. . . or maybe they put it there intentionally to fake everyone out. You can never know with these guys.

Someone please explain to me why the neck balljoint, that was metal in the previous "photo" they released, is a kind of gloss grey and the exact same hue as the body in these images.

Someone please explain to me why the neck balljoint, that was metal in the previous "photo" they released, is a kind of gloss grey and the exact same hue as the body in these images.

It looks like they sprayed it with primer.

It looks like they sprayed it with primer.

So they took a prototype and decided to make it look like a 3D render? :lol

I don't even have any interest in Lennon specifically but this company's somewhat er, unique approach to launching a product is one hell of a ride.

The question is ......they were suppose to release this thing already......and they only have unpainted boots and a body to show?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay, so I was under the impression that since each of these figures would have a beautifully crafted endoskeleton in each (which clearly has articulated fingers) there would be no need for multiples hands or seams. Not to mention a standard ball joint neck. How full of crap is this company?

18222019_427403004296293_4697762367630383590_n.jpg

Back