Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Supposedly the articulated hands and feet are being reserved for their 1/4 scale efforts.

I can't wait for someone to cut open Lennon if/when he arrives to reveal a knockoff Phicen skeleton within...

The question is ......they were suppose to release this thing already......and they only have unpainted boots and a body to show?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some here think that the pics we are seeing are pics from a while back and as soon as they show the full prototype they'll be ready to ship. :lol

Okay, so I was under the impression that since each of these figures would have a beautifully crafted endoskeleton in each (which clearly has articulated fingers) there would be no need for multiples hands or seams. Not to mention a standard ball joint neck. How full of crap is this company?

View attachment 353195
I personally don't think they will use this skeleton inside any body. But that's just me so.

It's looking doubtful at this point. Nothing we've seen suggest it will be used for 1/6th. Who really knows with everything molecule is claiming.

Life would have been very different for this company if they had simply showed a picture of Kim's amazing head sculpts, not even mentioned the nonsense skeleton and quietly announced that the figure would be "coming soon" and that a completed prototype would be "unveiled in Q4 2017 with pre-orders to follow the prototype reveal" and then shut up, disappeared from the Internet, and got back to making the figure...assuming that is that they do in fact actually intend to make one...

Anyone who thinks they're getting that skeleton buried under some kind of super flexible 'rubber' skin molded in the shape of a perfect body... is simply naïve.
The problem is that includes this company called Molecule8..lol

ed8c476665201759a8436f23aeeef2f0.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so I was under the impression that since each of these figures would have a beautifully crafted endoskeleton in each (which clearly has articulated fingers) there would be no need for multiples hands or seams. Not to mention a standard ball joint neck. How full of crap is this company?

View attachment 353195

Yeah I never really anticipated a rib cage and all that to be inside the bodies, it wouldn't really serve a purpose. I also didn't even want articulated fingers like that since it's just asking for trouble.

I still am not convinced in any way that those latest pictures are a real figure. That still looks like a Z-brush or Mud Box stage with CG lighting.

The way the ambient blue color washes up into his nether region which should be pretty much completely shadowed in real world lighting does not look copacetic. The detail on the back of the elbows and other small details I find hard to believe would be recreated with that much detail if this was in fact a silicon "sleeve" coming out of a molding process. Even if those boots were physical objects, those are not cast, and if they came from a 3D printer that is one expensive printer to have that tolerance for detail.

I still am not convinced in any way that those latest pictures are a real figure. That still looks like a Z-brush or Mud Box stage with CG lighting.

If that were the case, they went through the trouble of rendering little pieces of dirt and other spots in the pictures for no reason other than to explicitly trick people into thinking it was real.

Look again at the pictures of the body, there is a small black smudge in a consistent spot on the ground in front of the feet, while the body is turning. If it were indeed a 3d image, and they just rotated the camera, the dirt would change spots as well.

I really doubt they've gone through this much trouble to trick people.

So we got 1 picture and 12 renders......

Whoopie freakin doo........give them a medal.

So we got 1 picture and 12 renders......

Whoopie freakin doo........give them a medal.

He wasn't suggesting anyone should give them a medal. He was responding to the blind hyperbole that passes for observant posting around here.

If that were the case, they went through the trouble of rendering little pieces of dirt and other spots in the pictures for no reason other than to explicitly trick people into thinking it was real.

Look again at the pictures of the body, there is a small black smudge in a consistent spot on the ground in front of the feet, while the body is turning. If it were indeed a 3d image, and they just rotated the camera, the dirt would change spots as well.

I really doubt they've gone through this much trouble to trick people.

sure they've got expertise in 3d modeling, m8 are really good at it!
mol8.jpg

He wasn't suggesting anyone should give them a medal. He was responding to the blind hyperbole that passes for observant posting around here.

Lol......
Again Pixel it's SSF

So you ordered ....seem
Like your ok with M8 so far. Any concerns yet? What would it take to get worried about this? Your pretty laid back so.....

Lol......
Again Pixel it's SSF

So you ordered ....seem
Like your ok with M8 so far. Any concerns yet? What would it take to get worried about this? Your pretty laid back so.....

He already stated that he'll start to worry as the PayPal 180 day refund policy almost arrives.

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Ah must have missed that in the 230 pages.....

Let's hope that does not happen.

Blind hyperbole has been M8's marketing strategy from the get-go :lol

Back