Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

Where-or you mean those pics of Lenon sculpt only?

They have a few photos of the hair sculpt of Willy Wonka.

It's lame, nothing to get excited over.

There's a bunch of other photos, they look like they might be real, but they might just be 1:1 props. I assume, it's to show you what you might get.

I'm having trouble paying in full well in advance of shipping
Seems like their business model is like a crowd-funding campaign. Custom projects on the board often work that way, and ThreeZero does this, but I share your reservation, and am not paying upfront for anything at this point, no matter how attractive. They say Sideshow will be distributing. If so, that's a much safer route.

Seems like their business model is like a crowd-funding campaign. Custom projects on the board often work that way, and ThreeZero does this, but I share your reservation, and am not paying upfront for anything at this point, no matter how attractive. They say Sideshow will be distributing. If so, that's a much safer route.

I'll definitely wait for Sideshow to carry them. Things will change when the company gets some legs under it

They have a few photos of the hair sculpt of Willy Wonka.

It's lame, nothing to get excited over.

There's a bunch of other photos, they look like they might be real, but they might just be 1:1 props. I assume, it's to show you what you might get.

I'm very excited for it, no matter what they're showing at this point. Hopefully we'll finally get a Wonka that actually looks like him and doesn't cost $1000. That's a lot to be excited about right there.

I would expect BBTS to carry them before SS. SS still doesn't even carry Blitzway figures lol.

Molecule8 is saying that SSC will distribute. https://molecule8.com/distribution/

BBTS will likely get them as well, seeing as how BBTS orders from SSC, so that's not really an issue.

SSC doesn't distribute Blitzway, because Blitzway signed up with Bluefin for distribution, presumably exclusively.

I assume Sideshow will start taking orders as soon as M8 releases pics of the figure, as SSC understands the folly of ask people to fork over money without showing them what they will receive.

Saw this on the site!

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 5.31.09 PM.jpg

Asking for less money on the second figure, and including a relatively similar accessory count is a bold tactic... eager to see their Harry Potter renderings.

Oh Boy I'm actually loving this company right now! :panic:

I'm not 100% sure if some of those pics are props but the 2 head sculpts that's dope!
I'm hoping 1 is a singing expression especially with the Mushroom cane haha! Some really obscure extra's in this set like the half bust and the beaker and clock.....The key is pretty sweet though!

is it just me or does the sculpt looks bloody massive? :rotfl

15-509x509.jpg
TeacupandSaucer-1-509x509.jpg
MHWW2-509x509.jpg
j.jpg
MHWW1-509x509.jpg

Last edited:

I'm loving the accessory choices, especially the half bust. :lol Is this being sculpted by KA Kim too?

This'll probably be the only thing I'll get from Molecule8, unless they make a Gozer.

Oh Boy I'm actually loving this company right now! :panic:

I'm not 100% sure if some of those pics are props but the 2 head sculpts that's dope!
I'm hoping 1 is a singing expression especially with the Mushroom cane haha! Some really obscure extra's in this set like the half bust and the beaker and clock.....The key is pretty sweet though!

is it just me or does the sculpt looks bloody massive? :rotfl

View attachment 344355
View attachment 344356
View attachment 344357
View attachment 344358
View attachment 344359

I am HOPING to love this company right now...I applaud your optimism but I am going to have to reserve love for any company until they have at least shipped their first product...

It's more than likely tied to the licensing fee, I'm guessing it was a bit more for Lennon than Wonka.
We now know that Lennon comes with three outfits, which could have been the plan all along (though odd not to promote it right away if that was the case). That could also explain some of it. But $250 with all that stuff, two sculpts, endoskeleton body, and free shipping seems an exceptional deal if the final product is good.

Back