Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

Alright Pixeltwit, I'll bite--heck, I'll even stoop..
Xipotec rationally replied to the following and very elitist statement:
"If you really think they're just action figures then you are on the wrong forum"
No matter how expensive or museum quality a 1/6 product is--in the end they ARE just action figures, dolls--a piece of plastic with the occasional diecast pieces etc. Heck, he also says he shares an enthusiasm to collect them as most do on this forum but still got reamed for it.
Enter additional comments-again snobbish and a continued poke in their own right-and yeah, I'm beginning to see how this works.
You don't like what somebody says--make passive aggressive comments back but hey, I'd rather just go for it Lil Pixeltwit. I can keep going as much I get dished but then ask yourselves if this is really fair to those who truly just want to share and enjoy this thread (or forum) with this kind of BS?
I'll leave it at that.

There is more to life than his statement... jal76 will never love you back...

There is more to life than his statement... jal76 will never love you back...

Actually I might...no over reaction, under reaction, or high and mightiness here...I made a comment about the thread, someone who has not spent much time posting decided to set some criteria regarding "who belongs her and who does not" and I decided to inject another perspective. Seems reasonable enough to me...lo and behold everyone with Pixel in their username is suddenly up in arms and here we are. I stand by my original unpretentious and low and not so mighty point...they are just action figures...they are cool and a lot of fun to collect...but just action figures...if you can't see that without feeling that making such a statement is a deep and personal attack on you...please reread my earlier post on the matter...:)

I think he means that they are not "run of the mill" action figures, and we as collectors view them as a superior product to most "action figures"

While your diatribe on how important family and love and career was, I think you misunderstood him.......

I am actually a bit confused how you equated his statement "they are more than just action figures" to something like "1/6 collecting is more important than all the basic human emotions and connections in life"

Seems a bit of a huge response to a simple statement......unless its something you hear in your own head every day...
;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uhm...no...but now thanks to you with the whole "I know you are but what am I?" thing I can't get the Pee Wee's Playhouse opening theme out of my head...thanks a lot!

Actually I might...no over reaction, under reaction, or high and mightiness here...I made a comment about the thread, someone who has not spent much time posting decided to set some criteria regarding "who belongs her and who does not" and I decided to inject another perspective. Seems reasonable enough to me...lo and behold everyone with Pixel in their username is suddenly up in arms and here we are. I stand by my original unpretentious and low and not so mighty point...they are just action figures...they are cool and a lot of fun to collect...but just action figures...if you can't see that without feeling that making such a statement is a deep and personal attack on you...please reread my earlier post on the matter...:)

Attack? Nooooo lol I think you may have confused my stupid dad joke with me caring what was said. I'm here for these action figures that won't love me back.... and I aim to change that!

Well.. we got nothing to do until they post actual prototype images of silicone over mark 1 endo-skeleton that demonstrates advanced natural human movement.
Not to mention the actual suit and accessories - not CG images.
I may sound skeptical now, but deep inside I really want them to surprise us with something remarkable.

Look, I get the idea of making a better body, it's about time the market innovates - but why the complexity for a clothed body? It seems like an unnecessary expenditure given that it will never be seen - a good, quality, traditional body would work just as well here.

Look, I get the idea of making a better body, it's about time the market innovates - but why the complexity for a clothed body? It seems like an unnecessary expenditure given that it will never be seen - a good, quality, traditional body would work just as well here.

You kind of answered your own question. It's being innovateve. They want to make an impact and change the game. Sure a standard body would do but that's doing the same thing everyone else is doing. I assume if the body turns out great they will also sell the bodies individually. They probably also have future plans for less clothed figures. Brand new company has a lot of people talking about them and the body has contributed to that. This immediately makes them a must watch company more than just having the rights to a good line.

:lecture:goodpost: Put the money into making the sculpt and outfit the best they can be, and use a regular body; it'll cut the cost in half. Is anyone really going to be doing acrobatic poses with a John Lennon figure.

The funny and somewhat ironic thing here is if molecule8 is somehow able to make a body that is of unmatched quality a ton of collectors would switch it out pronto with a figure that benefits more. Poor john would be left with some narrow shoulder Chinese knockoff.

You are absolutely full of BS and have been trolling this thread with your high-and-mighty act saying you don't like people who are acting exactly how you are now behaving. Then you grab a comment and ATTACKKKKKKKKKK. :lol Pathetic MY FRIEND. Sorry, but you're definitely NOT my friend. What is really funny is that you are attacking people with higher post counts talking down to you and now you are doing the same to me. Make you feel good?

If and when you climb down from your high horse my point is that at $300 a pop, these aren't just figures to most people. The forum is based on these generally high-end figures. Normal figures are $20 and I'd be agreeing with you. Now, go troll elsewhere because you are tiresome.

Cannot stand bullies. Welcome to my ignore list :wave :lol :lol

I think he means that they are not "run of the mill" action figures, and we as collectors view them as a superior product to most "action figures"

While your diatribe on how important family and love and career was, I think you misunderstood him.......

I am actually a bit confused how you equated his statement "they are more than just action figures" to something like "1/6 collecting is more important than all the basic human emotions and connections in life"

Seems a bit of a huge response to a simple statement......unless its something you hear in your own head every day...
;)

From his post history what do you expect? :lol He was using it as an excuse to rant and feel self important. :lol

Molecule8 (New company)

The funny and somewhat ironic thing here is if molecule8 is somehow able to make a body that is of unmatched quality a ton of collectors would switch it out pronto with a figure that benefits more. Poor john would be left with some narrow shoulder Chinese knockoff.

I wonder how adaptable these bodies are to other companies though. I have a hard time picturing these bodies becoming custom fodder. Will other companies or customizers neck joints be in any way compatible?

Eh action figure, doll, mannequin, movable fighting man, all the same no matter the price. LaFerrari is still a car.

I wonder how adaptable these bodies are to other companies though. I have a hard time picturing these bodies becoming custom fodder. Will other companies or customizers neck joints be in any way compatible?

A fair point. If it is a pain in the @$$ to mod them into being compatible then the appeal would be limited. But if the body truly is amazing I suspect some folks would find a way. If for no other reason than to say they did.

and use a regular body

People who are new to the hobby think there's such a thing as a "regular" body - there isn't. Every body that's ever been used has to be engineered and developed by someone. Sure, some companies may come along and re-cast parts of someone else's design or reverse engineer and make a facsimile - this may play out over multiple generations until a particular style is more prolific than others, but there is no such thing as a "standard" and if you take apart enough bodies you start to appreciate the little differences between them.

One thing in common with all plastic bodies is the sheer number of parts involved in their construction and the non-suitability of many of those parts for re-use in different bodies. Every plastic part in every industry requires a steel injection mold - it takes a lot of molds to make a body. Then a lot more to make a slightly different body for a different character. etc. etc.

It's possible M8's skeletal design is going to allow much more re-use of the core parts which will then require as little as a single mold to apply the outer skin. Bigger molds are more expensive than smaller molds, but less expensive than a lot of (multiple) smaller molds. They've already announced they plan to use the core skeleton for all their 1/6 figures.

They've mentioned stability and longevity as two goals in developing their body. You don't need a character with acrobatic poses to benefit from those.

Sure, they could have entered a market doing exactly what everyone else is doing - and what would that have gotten them? Not the attention they've received so far. Hot Toys and other players have the market satisfied fairly well. It's going to be easier to get noticed if you're doing something different, even if there's difficulty in developing a new niche bracket for your product.

What is really funny is that you are attacking people with higher post counts talking down to you and now you are doing the same to me. Make you feel good?

That guy's glass house is much better than everyone else's because it's filled with love! :rotfl Wishful thinking on their part I'm sure, but we all know the type very well.

You are absolutely full of BS and have been trolling this thread with your high-and-mighty act saying you don't like people who are acting exactly how you are now behaving. Then you grab a comment and ATTACKKKKKKKKKK. :lol Pathetic MY FRIEND. Sorry, but you're definitely NOT my friend. What is really funny is that you are attacking people with higher post counts talking down to you and now you are doing the same to me. Make you feel good?

If and when you climb down from your high horse my point is that at $300 a pop, these aren't just figures to most people. The forum is based on these generally high-end figures. Normal figures are $20 and I'd be agreeing with you. Now, go troll elsewhere because you are tiresome.

Cannot stand bullies. Welcome to my ignore list :wave :lol :lol

From his post history what do you expect? :lol He was using it as an excuse to rant and feel self important. :lol

You were tossing and turning all night weren't you?

It's great theyre trying to innovate but you dont have to reinvent the wheel on this. i think pppl would rather keep the money in their pocket than have it go to engineering a new body better suited to say spiderman or thhose magna guards or a terminator endoskeleton figure.

John Lennon doesnt need a state of the art body.

Back