Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

It can be difficult to follow the comments on a post as they're not in chronological order. FB moves comments around based on replies and reactions ('likes')

Actually they have some answers on their own forum:
Q. Taxi Driver - This is a very promising license. Will K.A. Kim be involved? When will there be more details?
A. We are very excited to have obtained this licencse, we've always felt Travis Bickle to be one of the most interesting characters to ever be portrayed on the sliver screen.
The unique nature and various looks of the character throughout the movie will make for a very special figure and we will do our very best to do it justice.
We don't have a release date or specific details of who will be doing the sculpt on this as yet but will post information as soon as it is available of course.

Q. Mark I Endoskeleton (not really a question, but they posted some clarification)
A. Anatomically superior to the current generation of plastic ball jointed bodies, our stainless steel Mark I Endoskeleton provides the most sturdy natural poses and movement beneath a layer of skin and clothing.
The skin surface features a thinner layer of durable exo-silicone skin molded over a fuller formed Endoskeleton. This allows for more natural bends at joints, reducing “skin bunching” at elbows, etc.and deliver a premium quality fully articulated figure.

Hope they will answer more questions in more detail. But it seems they are coming closer to people. We shall see how it goes.

Actually they have some answers on their own forum:
Q. Taxi Driver - This is a very promising license. Will K.A. Kim be involved? When will there be more details?
A. We are very excited to have obtained this licencse, we've always felt Travis Bickle to be one of the most interesting characters to ever be portrayed on the sliver screen.
The unique nature and various looks of the character throughout the movie will make for a very special figure and we will do our very best to do it justice.
We don't have a release date or specific details of who will be doing the sculpt on this as yet but will post information as soon as it is available of course.

Q. Mark I Endoskeleton (not really a question, but they posted some clarification)
A. Anatomically superior to the current generation of plastic ball jointed bodies, our stainless steel Mark I Endoskeleton provides the most sturdy natural poses and movement beneath a layer of skin and clothing.
The skin surface features a thinner layer of durable exo-silicone skin molded over a fuller formed Endoskeleton. This allows for more natural bends at joints, reducing “skin bunching” at elbows, etc.and deliver a premium quality fully articulated figure.

Hope they will answer more questions in more detail. But it seems they are coming closer to people. We shall see how it goes.

Yep the Taxi Driver question was mine and I must admit getting an honest and slightly humble sounding answer free from corporate marketing razzle dazzle made me feel a little better about these folks.

So will it possible to get the same level of paint detail/realism on the exposed hands/arms/legs of a silicone body as the standard plastic? Because I've yet to see anything from Phicen, for example, that would suggest it's possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am hoping that this figure ends up being a home run because if it is not I am not coming anywhere near this thread ever again. I am not sure which is going to be more painful...reading the comments from people who did not pre-order ripping it to pieces all day or reading the comments from the people who did pre-order, who in many cases will be the same people who pick apart other figures because one eye brow hair is too dark, finding all new ways to defend and justify all of the figure's flaws...it will make the past 65 pages look like the picture of perfect harmony.

I am hoping that this figure ends up being a home run because if it is not I am not coming anywhere near this thread ever again. I am not sure which is going to be more painful...reading the comments from people who did not pre-order ripping it to pieces all day or reading the comments from the people who did pre-order, who in many cases will be the same people who pick apart other figures because one eye brow hair is too dark, finding all new ways to defend and justify all of the figure's flaws...it will make the past 65 pages look like the picture of perfect harmony.

Happy little soul aren't you?

I wish everyone the best whatever the outcome :peace

Happy little soul aren't you?

I wish everyone the best whatever the outcome :peace

Well in fairness it's just an action figure...don't get me wrong I enjoy them too but it's not like anyone here pre-ordered life saving medical care from Molecule8.

Well in fairness it's just an action figure...don't get me wrong I enjoy them too but it's not like anyone here pre-ordered life saving medical care from Molecule8.

If you really think they're just action figures then you are on the wrong forum.

If you really think they're just action figures then you are on the wrong forum.

No...now if I did not have my perfect soul mate for a wife that I love, beautiful children that I love too, a career that I enjoy in an industry that I am passionate about...maybe I would not think that they were "just" action figures...but there is more to life for me...hopefully one day there will be for you too my friend...I love 'em, love buying 'em, love displaying them, love coming to this awesome forum and talking about them...but they are just action figures...hate to break it to you friend...they will never love you back.

No...now if I did not have my perfect soul mate for a wife that I love, beautiful children that I love too, a career that I enjoy in an industry that I am passionate about...maybe I would not think that they were "just" action figures...but there is more to life for me...hopefully one day there will be for you too my friend...I love 'em, love buying 'em, love displaying them, love coming to this awesome forum and talking about them...but they are just action figures...hate to break it to you friend...they will never love you back.
:

:clap:clap

giphy.gif

Well from my conversation with Ajay they wont be happy until they have collectors loving their product, they been working on this for three years.
They actually want to set a higher standard than Hot Toys, very exciting.

I think he means that they are not "run of the mill" action figures, and we as collectors view them as a superior product to most "action figures"

While your diatribe on how important family and love and career was, I think you misunderstood him.......

I am actually a bit confused how you equated his statement "they are more than just action figures" to something like "1/6 collecting is more important than all the basic human emotions and connections in life"

Seems a bit of a huge response to a simple statement......unless its something you hear in your own head every day...
;)

I think he means that they are not "run of the mill" action figures, and we as collectors view them as a superior product to most "action figures"

While your diatribe on how important family and love and career was, I think you misunderstood him.......

I am actually a bit confused how you equated his statement "they are more than just action figures" to something like "1/6 collecting is more important than all the basic human emotions and connections in life"

Seems a bit of a huge response to a simple statement......unless its something you hear in your own head every day...
;)

Exactly. The post seemed an over reaction and weirdly self righteous. Shocking, I know.

He doesn't owe an explanation. Stay confused.

Here comes his wife. :horror

Snap, crackle and POP! Damn!

Underworld's lovely gif is posted 2 spots early.

Alright Pixeltwit, I'll bite--heck, I'll even stoop..
Jal76 rationally replied to the following and very elitist statement:
"If you really think they're just action figures then you are on the wrong forum"
No matter how expensive or museum quality a 1/6 product is--in the end they ARE just action figures, dolls--a piece of plastic with the occasional diecast pieces etc. Heck, he also says he shares an enthusiasm to collect them as most do on this forum but still got reamed for it.
Enter additional comments-again snobbish and a continued poke in their own right-and yeah, I'm beginning to see how this works.
You don't like what somebody says--make passive aggressive comments back but hey, I'd rather just go for it Lil Pixeltwit. I can keep going as much I get dished but then ask yourselves if this is really fair to those who truly just want to share and enjoy this thread (or forum) with this kind of BS?
I'll leave it at that.

I'm surprised he got any positive response with his high and mighty retort. He was comparing apples to oranges.

Alright Pixeltwit, I'll bite--heck, I'll even stoop..
Xipotec rationally replied to the following and very elitist statement:
"If you really think they're just action figures then you are on the wrong forum"
No matter how expensive or museum quality a 1/6 product is--in the end they ARE just action figures, dolls--a piece of plastic with the occasional diecast pieces etc. Heck, he also says he shares an enthusiasm to collect them as most do on this forum but still got reamed for it.
Enter additional comments-again snobbish and a continued poke in their own right-and yeah, I'm beginning to see how this works.
You don't like what somebody says--make passive aggressive comments back but hey, I'd rather just go for it Lil Pixeltwit. I can keep going as much I get dished but then ask yourselves if this is really fair to those who truly just want to share and enjoy this thread (or forum) with this kind of BS?
I'll leave it at that.

Ted the wife should grow a sense of humor. :wave

Your post presumed to speak for another member and was short and rude. Soooooooo.... :dunno

Back