Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

There is no way they have 800+ preorders :lol

I get this when I go to pay, I wasn't buying just interested to see if they give the order number before you pay.
Payment error:
An error (10002) occurred while processing your PayPal payment. Please contact the store owner for assistance

I think i was in the 70s when i ordered but i ordered first hour I believe, the moment i knew it was up

Maybe Paypal stopped payments?

Last edited:

Molecule8 should certainly be able to pull off the sculpts, paints, outfits, and accessories as long as they are going with the high end folks. They've already gotten one of the top sculptors in the industry, who also did an amazing paint master. I'd imagine they are using someone like Yunsil to tailor the outfits. The top factories can produce flawless PVC heads with high end digital painting that pretty much match the master. Same for the outfits.

However the bigger question mark to me is the bodies. I had originally assumed they would source seamless bodies from Phicen or another company. I was not expecting an entirely new body system engineered from the ground up. The skeletal armature concept sounds really cool and innovative, but it's also extremely ambitious. They way I'm picturing the manufacturing process is the skeletal armature will be placed into molds and the body material (rubber, silicone or some other flexible polymer) will be injected into the mold around the body--kind of like a scene out of a Terminator movie. Also it looks like they are planning to have the hands and fingers articulate individually, which would replace the need for swap-out hands. Which again sounds cool, but at 1/6 scale, will be a new level in engineering. I don't know if they're also thinking the head would mold around the skull or if that's just for show. I would assume the heads will continue to be made of PVC in order to preserve detail, so I don't see the need for the underlying metal skull unless it's for a more sophisticated eye system. Another cool thing about that system is they should be able to create bodies with different morphologies -- thin, normal, muscular, heavyset--by changing out the surrounding molds. I'm assuming they would also eventually create a female skeleton although for the most part their licenses seem primarily male centric unless they are planning for characters like Arwen, Galadriel, Dana or Miao Yin. They may also be looking to compete directly with Phicen in the 1/6 seamless body arena, which would be another revenue stream.

If nothing else, this will be very interesting to watch in the coming months.

There is no way they have 800+ preorders :lol

I'm sure they have much more by the time I'm writing this. They had a few hundred within hours which is why the pushed up from 500 to 1000. If you're not on FB maybe you haven't seen comments from people jumping on this. A lot of people know the folks involved and have no problem putting down a pre-payment.

I'm sure they have much more by the time I'm writing this. They had a few hundred within hours which is why the pushed up from 500 to 1000. If you're not on FB maybe you haven't seen comments from people jumping on this. A lot of people know the folks involved and have no problem putting down a pre-payment.

No no you are wrong. There area few people in this thread that say completely otherwise :lol :lol

No no you are wrong. There area few people in this thread that say completely otherwise :lol :lol

I agree, I just like being a contrarian to the contrarians. :)

Never mind that some 20+ friends on Facebook alone have pre-ordered.

No I asked they said its a glitch.

Makes sense. I don't believe there's supposed to be a cut-off. There are special first-come-first-served boxes, but they sound like they want to continue to sell this to everyone that wants it. They should be making enough to continue selling well after it starts shipping.

Molecule8 (New company)

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Well, I've decided to jump in on this...I'm order 888 so it's climbing...

Here is the look that they're going for, which I think is excellent...the sculpt is spot on, and if the suit matches as the choker does, it will be a compelling display!
9562d83d5ae887a2b380521616fd7771.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kuat wins the thread :rotfl

They look legit but in way over their heads. Little details like the box art - isn't that the Central Park mosaic? - all build up credibility. But countless scams have worked because they've been credible. Anyway, there's no rush to order. They're hardly going to turn away buyers for their first release.

Seems they confirmed it is out this month. Well not long to wait, and let's see what they are going to present next.

Back