Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I can't see how someone can say that they haven't intentionally lied from the start?

That is the thing that is up for debate. Were they lying... or just overly ambitious? Anyone with a lick of sense would know the timelines they promised were ridiculous. But at the end of the day who cares. They showed a figure, its possibly going to be released at some point. Buy the figure or choose not to. Everyone keeps spinning around in the same circles on this thread. Molecule 8 owes you nothing unless you paid money to them

I can't see how someone can say that they haven't intentionally lied from the start?

If anyone wants to say they aren't liars up until this instant today, cool!...but this instance is definitely a lie.

Mislead sure. Lied no. Lying insinuates that they deliberately tried to deceive. They messed up but they are not evil.

Your vested interest has blinded you.

That is the thing that is up for debate. Were they lying... or just overly ambitious?

Wait, they said that they had already completed the figure and were only showing the previous months/years of work. So, that's not a lie?

If they knew they didn't have a completed figure ready for production then how is the expected release date of last May (or whatever it originally was) also not a lie? I get that people here are trying to remain positive, and calling someone/company a liar is strong language, but seriously?

Really baffled by those who claim they haven't lied.

My favorite part was when they said they would add the details back to the poor casting :lol

I'm here on the rollercoaster every day. I'm just not saying much.

tumblr_inline_myss2beKyb1s2m7xu.gif

Anybody who says M8 hasn't lied is lying to themselves. Let's face it, they have lied about their progress on the figure more than once, misled folks about their capabilities regarding quality with computer renders they could never replicate, and did not respond to refund requests but found the time to regularly scrub negative comments from Facebook and their own forum. Poor form for a new company trying to build a customer base.

There is no forgiving the blatant lie that the figure was finished...all of the "production" pictures were "old," and the only reason that the figure was not shipping was to allow retailers to list it...that is a lie. Here is where the scam comes in...they used this lie to disguise the fact that pre-orders were actually a kick starter campaign to fund production of a prototype. If M8 had showed up with a picture of the Kim head sculpt and said we are raising money to produce this figure...$300 contribution helps us to produce a prototype and gets contributors a paid for figure upon release this thread would be entirely different today...in my world whether you deliver a product in the end or not, obtaining money under a pretext is a SCAM.

Am I wrong in thinking that a lot of the arguments being posted could apply to just about any company producing 1/6 figures?

Pre-orders, delays, lack of communication, lackluster product compared to the prototypes, NRDs, what else?

Am I wrong in thinking that a lot of the arguments being posted could apply to just about any company producing 1/6 figures?

Pre-orders, delays, lack of communication, lackluster product compared to the prototypes, NRDs, what else?

I'm thinking that you may be wrong...no one here had any reason to have an axe to grind with M8 and I do not see any threads on forums for other 1/6 companies with this level of vitriol...something that they are doing must be causing it right...?

You guys are making me want to get a refund for willy wonka. If Lennon is not even done, It's October already and no production photos of Wonka have emerged. Looks like a refund is in order.

You guys are making me want to get a refund for willy wonka. If Lennon is not even done, It's October already and no production photos of Wonka have emerged. Looks like a refund is in order.

If it were me I would...if they ever do make Wonka it will go up for pre-order at Sideshow, BBTS, or another reputable dealer.

If it were me I would...if they ever do make Wonka it will go up for pre-order at Sideshow, BBTS, or another reputable dealer.

Yeah think I am going to so. It's October and no production photos.

Not directly Molecule8, but I just want to illustrate a point that I had been making some pages ago.

In the first picture it clearly says "26" comments.

Kommentare1.JPG

After reading a few, it says "load 19 more comments".

Kommentare19.JPG

But if you click that expecting to see more comments, all you get is a mentioning that top comments are displayed. The actual number of visible comments does not change.

Kommentare2-2.JPG

So even though there are 26 comments, whatever you do, you will not find a way to read them all. Sometimes I keep clicking and clicking and I have no idea how but finally the rest gets displayed - but these comments are no real comments, only people linking other people they want to see the post. So FB is actually right in hiding them from me, as there is no new knowledge to gain.

Just to illustrate that the comments displayed and the number of comments on the top may be different for another reason than comments being deleted. That's all I wanted to say.

There is no forgiving the blatant lie that the figure was finished...all of the "production" pictures were "old," and the only reason that the figure was not shipping was to allow retailers to list it...that is a lie. Here is where the scam comes in...they used this lie to disguise the fact that pre-orders were actually a kick starter campaign to fund production of a prototype. If M8 had showed up with a picture of the Kim head sculpt and said we are raising money to produce this figure...$300 contribution helps us to produce a prototype and gets contributors a paid for figure upon release this thread would be entirely different today...in my world whether you deliver a product in the end or not, obtaining money under a pretext is a SCAM.

This pretty much sums it up.
If everything had of gone smoothly no one would have known or cared. But hitting roadblocks left them with no explanation possible because of their own narrative.

That’s a shame what’s going on with this company. Really was expecting some competition for hot toys but once again they prove to be king. I personally would never p.o directly through a company especially after seeing whAt ppl went through with shrunkenheadstudios. Willy Wonka would of looked badass too.

I saw the board of directors and I can see why this company is heading for trouble:

https://molecule8.com/management/

A) none of them ever worked in figure or toy company, most of them worked in gaming company which I guess explains why most of their product photos are all rendered in computer and not actual sculpt.

B) none of them are local HK or China resident, while they set up their production in China

Reason for HT and Enterbay’s success is because they are owned by HK/Chinese owners and they can inspect and QC the products as they live there. Look at Sideshow and the factory that they hire to make their products. I bet there’s plenty of missed communications when your office is in the US and your factory is in China.

Back