Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Looks great - glad I ordered it

cf26d63662297abeed50dd7e982152f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still looks like poo poo, and ouch, that glasses...

(not my pic)

View attachment 369621

This says it all...if this thing ever comes out they will have successfully released a figure that is below Sideshow quality in spite of having the best sculptor in 1/6 create the prototype...we cannot even talk about Hot Toys at all here...if they had been honest they may have been forgiven for a mediocre first release but after the hype...and lies...this translates into a fail.

The non singing head looks kind of small on the body. I wonder if they lost a lot of size going from sculpt to PVC?
Even in the side by side, it looks smaller than the singing head.

Man...what a let down...I am not trolling as I have a soon to be canceled BBTS order but this looks worse and worse to me...it looks like a movie where they have an actor who does not really resemble Lennon and give him latex make-up appliances to try to make him look more like Lennon...like when Jack Nicholson played Jimmy Hoffa...awful.

Yes the head sculpts seem to shrink to 1/7 scale; that's what my hk friend told me when they saw the real thing at the exhibition.

e8f5fe8e56a81958d300ca400eb5f116.jpg

Can you spot the issue?

Thy look like renderings and I’m sure they are. I’ll judge off the poor sucker who buys it thinking these are final shots and get it after it’s well released sometime between 2020 and never.

I’m sure I’ll be getting it, switching it to regular truetypes and repainting it a lot etc.

The figure on the far right is the only one giving off a reflection on it's base?

No, they all are. Kinda wish this thread could be a discussion of the figure - mainly for people who ordered it, or may - instead of a constant stream of hate.

If you feel you're "smarter" for having not ordered, fine. Go do other "smart" things.

Back