Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Haha. This could be more trickery or they could just quite literally have zero customer service common sense. I mean, common sense would tell you to make a statement the day prior to a promised unveiling date if there were issues causing a minor delay. Common sense would also tell you not to delete posts as that might paint you in a poor light. Whoever's managing the social side of things might quite literally be clueless about the impact they're having. If so, they need to rectify that stat! If they are doing the dodgy then they're certainly going all in!

Suffice to say, this has perked up my hopes of a Jack Burton actually materialising. Fortunately I can sit back with the popcorn and see how this all plays out with Lennon before I make a decision on old Jack Burton as I have no interest in this one. It's certainly entertaining though! :D

Looks to me like the stuff they already showed at that expo with some digital enhancements.
Looks like body has been digitally colour matched to the sculpt and the clothes look like the same standard that got a kicking in July.

Looks to me like the stuff they already showed at that expo with some digital enhancements.
Looks like body has been digitally colour matched to the sculpt and the clothes look like the same standard that got a kicking in July.

You totally speak my mind. It's quite obviously those photos had digital enhancements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't look bad, but it's sad to know that used to be a K.A. Kim sculpt. I'd be fine with Wonka being roughly the same quality, if not better since is their first release. I'll probably order one when he pops up on BBTS.

I'm curious to hear first-hand impressions with the endoskeleton body, whenever people start getting this. If ever.

Still looks like poo poo, and ouch, that glasses...

(not my pic)

GorpzZd.jpg

Each pair of glasses will be individually polished lol.

Whoa. That head shot comparison really shows how far off track the likeness has gotten. Yesh.

In fairness - no, really, bear with me - it is clearly the same sculpt. It's just that the finish is shyte, and the glasses & hair are proper comedy.

Whether that makes it worse or better is a question for the people who actually want one I guess, but there it is

I think you need to cut them a bit of slack regarding the sculpt the head has been cast and neck has been cut.
I don't think the glasses will ever be up to par with what they show not to mention the skin tone is a lot lighter.

There will always be softening of details and shrinkage of the head, K.A done the sculpt slightly bigger to compensate for casting process. There for you are comparing 2 different size sculpts. :lecture

I actually dig it and it's an improvement from the rubbish they show before.

I think you need to cut them a bit of slack regarding the sculpt the head has been cast and neck has been cut.
I don't think the glasses will ever be up to par with what they show not to mention the skin tone is a lot lighter.

There will always be softening of details and shrinkage of the head, K.A done the sculpt slightly bigger to compensate for casting process. There for you are comparing 2 different size sculpts. :lecture

I actually dig it and it's an improvement from the rubbish they show before.

Is it even the production sculpt though?

I'm sorry but I sculpt and mold heads regularly. The products I use have less than 1% shrinkage and they're nothing special. It's no real excuse for what we're seeing. Neither would a difference in size. Anyway, didn't M8 say they digitally scanned the head? Shouldn't that mean an even more accurate production head than typically releases?

It looks like the one they showed at ACGHK, but there are a few differences.

20374796_469829200053673_4870354744220570700_n.jpg

From the info I know yes it's the production sculpt - This is apparently what we are getting!
How true that is I don't know. :dunno

I suppose it's a case of waiting as I'm still not 100% sure where this thing is at I got a message from Lee saying
"Well my info is that they are nearing end of production so I’m guessing around the end of the month.... it’s a complete guess mind "

If they did in fact scan the original sculpt and piece it back together they futzed with it heavily. The biggest glaring difference is in the chin and nose. The face remains roughly the same size but the nose has shrunken by 25% and the chin is much rounder/fatter. That looks more like alterations than anything.

Back