Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Wake me up next year if it is coming at all- or maybe when we get 243rd CGI rendering

Well, that would be pretty awesome for you guys. What advantage would they gain by doing this? Would it help them avoid cancellations?

Really- makes no sense unless the production figure is meh and they want to keep it under wraps...

No, I totally agree. It's more from a roasting position than anything else. I'm just saying this figure may end up being rare and much sought after. People are going to regret not jumping on when they had the chance. Fingers still firmly crossed that I'll have Lennon by his 77th birthday.

Some of us are in a win/win position with this though...we have obligation free pre-orders with BBTS or ANYONE other than M8 themselves and we can enjoy making fun of M8 while we wait...if the figure comes out (and is actually any good) we will STILL probably critique their poor communication and marketing while we enjoy our figures...if the figure does not come out...well we lose absolutely nothing and at least had a good time with the thread! Perfect!

That was my understanding as well. :lecture

I think you're misunderstanding the narrative here.

This figure has been done since May. It was supposed to ship in May, but it was delayed until August to allow time for distributors to collect orders. Production is already complete.

To tide collectors over these past few months, they have been showing WIP pics that they have accumulated over the past few years of development to show us a behind the scenes look at how figures are made. They will show what the figure looks like just before it begins to ship.

At least that is how I've understood what is going on. Now, whether you believe that is what is actually happening. . . that's what we're having fun with in the thread.

This is what I got from M8 too. Whether I believed them...well...that's something else.
This would have been fantastic if the figure would have been released in May. There would have been no real wait from pre-order to delivery. The fact that they are still adding **** means nothing is in production. Unless they are opening up boxes and throwing in the guitar.

This is what I got from M8 too. Whether I believed them...well...that's something else.
This would have been fantastic if the figure would have been released in May. There would have been no real wait from pre-order to delivery. The fact that they are still adding **** means nothing is in production. Unless they are opening up boxes and throwing in the guitar.

Great points! I don't think the figure has gone to production either nor has the prototype been completed. If they had a prototype surely they'd allow retailers to show it off on the product page, instead of just a headsculpt.

Obviously, M8 have some credibility with all these retailers putting it up for pre-order with just a sculpt. Perhaps it's just a case of one reputable retailer getting sweet talked and the others saying "Hey, if so and so is okay with them I guess they are okay."
I guess there is no real penalty with the retailers financially maybe only egg on their face if nothing is produced.

Obviously, M8 have some credibility with all these retailers putting it up for pre-order with just a sculpt. Perhaps it's just a case of one reputable retailer getting sweet talked and the others saying "Hey, if so and so is okay with them I guess they are okay."
I guess there is no real penalty with the retailers financially maybe only egg on their face if nothing is produced.

Not even sure if the retailers even have to worry about egg on their faces...definitely not uncommon that a product is listed and then the company fails to deliver or just fails all together...even major retailers outside of the figure industry list stuff that never comes out for one reason or another all the time...as long as the retailer returns deposits or offers refunds if applicable it only tends to reflect poorly on the manufacturer...

It's really just a domino effect with Sideshow. All the other retailers are getting it from Sideshow. They'll list anything Sideshow does. It's just leveraging Sideshow's credibility. Honestly, I'm still shocked that Sideshow even accepted the info with just a headsculpt.

Maybe they just don't see any difference, considering Sideshow has listed up Captain America statues as concept art.

Not even sure if the retailers even have to worry about egg on their faces...definitely not uncommon that a product is listed and then the company fails to deliver or just fails all together...even major retailers outside of the figure industry list stuff that never comes out for one reason or another all the time...as long as the retailer returns deposits or offers refunds if applicable it only tends to reflect poorly on the manufacturer...

Yeah, you're probably right.
However, this is the second coming and we know what happened at the first coming.

That simply means Some people don't trust the company's or company owner's way of doing things. So I don't want to put my money there yet.
If you track their record, this is what they brought to themselves.
I do like K.K.A's head sculpt and other CG images. but that's about it.

Look at this listing...it's priceless! :rotfl

https://www.onesixthoutfitters.com/products/1-6-john-lennon-imagine-figure-molecule8

MANUFACTURER ESTIMATED RELEASE DATE: END OF JULY / EARLY AUGUST 2017
(Subject to Change Without Notice)

Oh please, that's just a general disclaimer. SS, BBTS, Timewalker, etc. all have the same thing.

So Molecule8 says 2 weeks until Lennon is shown.. Unbelievable. Really hate the way they've handled their first release.

Oh please, that's just a general disclaimer. SS, BBTS, Timewalker, etc. all have the same thing.

So Molecule8 says 2 weeks until Lennon is shown.. Unbelievable. Really hate the way they've handled their first release.

I was mocking the release date lol. Also the listing is a gaggle of renders and crap.

Lennon Jacket Revealed.

2017-07-12_06-46-39.png

is that a 1:1 scale coat ? or 1/6th ?

Back