Molecule8 - 1/6 Scale Willy Wonka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joy has a strong style that works very well for most of her female sculpts but sometimes not as well for male characters. But with someone like Wonka I think her style works more in her favor and helped deliver a really great looking sculpt. I wonder why they haven't tried adding a bit more realism.

Additionally they sculpted a lot of the heads used for Robot Chicken.

Joy has a strong style that works very well for most of her female sculpts but sometimes not as well for male characters. But with someone like Wonka I think her style works more in her favor and helped deliver a really great looking sculpt. I wonder why they haven't tried adding a bit more realism.

Additionally they sculpted a lot of the heads used for Robot Chicken.

I have ask them about the detail thing and they said it is all about the scale. If you look at Joys Bill Murray/Peter Venkman, it has more accurate skin texture and a better likeness than the much praised Blitzway head. Acne scars and deep wrinkles would be visible on a head shrunk to 1/6th scale, normal pores in the skin and light wrinkles would not. Their focus is on likeness and what would look natural at that scale. I have suggested to them more than once with Joy's ability to capture likeness and personality, that they would sell a lot more heads if they were over textured like most other heads being offered. To coin a professional wrestling phrase they don't seem interested in the cheap pop. Tom also pointed out they didn't feel it was fair to change up their style after so many customers had already purchased heads from them and they continue to add to the lines they are doing.

I really wish they'd add detail but I know Tom made a statement about it while back. I believe he is working to make neck pegs for his sculpts as I had the same problem with Wonka as Venkman they don't fit on any neck post. Only just got this on after shaving down the neck of the body.

Here's the Synderman sculpt on the outfit. Very excited too finally see a company do Wonka.

35333122_1959205964090869_4264064151606788096_n.jpg
35348076_1959205997424199_5638246011773124608_n.jpg

I get they want to keep consitstency... but the truth is that little bit of detail does help the realism pop on a sculpt. When I paint a head with skin texture, versus a smooth one the results are night and day. It's actually a bit harder to paint a smooth head as any imperfection stands out and if you do get a good smooth paint job it ends up looking a bit plasticy.

I respect the decision, but just because the old figures looked one way doesn't mean the new ones can't be better. That'd be like Hot Toys still cranking out sculpts in the style of Reese so they all look better together.

s-l300.jpg

Im REALLY surprised by the response to this figure. The prototype sculpt ALWAYS looks better than the released sculpt and in this case its nowhere near the quality (sculpt and paint) of HT, BLITZWAY, etc.. If this is the protoype, how is the final release going to look??
And just like Lennon, a preorder WITHOUT a full proto figure and peeps are pre-ordering??? I am in AWE............

Maybe they are trying something different from the Lennon debacle. Instead of showing this awesome sculpt right away, Lennon, and then disappointing in the end, they are disappointing in the beginning and hopefully coming through with the final showing.

Maybe they are trying something different from the Lennon debacle. Instead of showing this awesome sculpt right away, Lennon, and then disappointing in the end, they are disappointing in the beginning and hopefully coming through with the final showing.

possibly, you cant tell with M8. If in the end it turns out good, that's a positive thing.

I get they want to keep consitstency... but the truth is that little bit of detail does help the realism pop on a sculpt. When I paint a head with skin texture, versus a smooth one the results are night and day. It's actually a bit harder to paint a smooth head as any imperfection stands out and if you do get a good smooth paint job it ends up looking a bit plasticy.

I respect the decision, but just because the old figures looked one way doesn't mean the new ones can't be better. That'd be like Hot Toys still cranking out sculpts in the style of Reese so they all look better together.

s-l300.jpg

It's funny that you posted that picture, because Hot Toys Aliens replacement heads was the example they used for keeping the same style. They said they continue to sell the crap out of those characters and they have already done 8 or 9 different ones from that film. Customizers who have bought all the others wont be too happy if they do Gorman or Burke in a different style. I guess if a person's hobby is photographing highly detailed wax museum wanna bes, some sculpts may not fit that requirement. If one wants a 1/6th representation of a favorite character from a movie or tv show this seems hard to beat.
6-custom-head-michael-biehn-dwayne_1_6710737a25eb7278a4d77f630be09c0d.jpg

[

I FB Messaged molexcule 8 to do a oompa loompa 2 pack set hope we get some Employee's for the Factory. I think this would be best way to buy that way customs & reg collectors can just add more help to Chocolate factory or build a factory of oompa loompas for display. I'd bet they would easily sell faster then candy.:pray:we get them. M8 said they would pass along suggestion.

I'm confused... has there been a development regarding the release of this figure?

I'm confused... has there been a development regarding the release of this figure?

No just a lot of insinuation that Molecule8 haven’t been paying the people that helped produce Lennon which suggests Wonka is less likely.

Back