1/6 MOLA RAM Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard back from the tailor today. He's already working on the prototype based on my recommendations, pictures and sketches (see first pages in this thread). It will be a complete outfit made in 3 separate parts. You will be able to make the highly coveted Ceremonial outfit with all 3 components... or just the Badass Monk look with just 2 pieces.

I hope to have a picture or two along the way to share to generate excitement.

As you know, Spenser is working on the headdress, so that will no longer be an issue. The bonus is he is also doing the sculpt, so we know those two pieces will fit nicely.

We may be able to encourage him -- with kind words -- to also make the other items we need: the necklaces and Mola's personal dagger and perhaps even the Cup of Kali (whatever that dead-head chalice is called).

Things are looking up...

I am still here for the Mola Ram figure. Spencer had done some great customs. Wish I had been around to get the Tron and The Dune sets he did.

I heard back from the tailor today. He's already working on the prototype based on my recommendations, pictures and sketches (see first pages in this thread). It will be a complete outfit made in 3 separate parts. You will be able to make the highly coveted Ceremonial outfit with all 3 components... or just the Badass Monk look with just 2 pieces.

I hope to have a picture or two along the way to share to generate excitement.

As you know, Spenser is working on the headdress, so that will no longer be an issue. The bonus is he is also doing the sculpt, so we know those two pieces will fit nicely.

We may be able to encourage him -- with kind words -- to also make the other items we need: the necklaces and Mola's personal dagger and perhaps even the Cup of Kali (whatever that dead-head chalice is called).

Things are looking up...
Great!

you Can get the Cup of Kali here:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/INDIANA-JON...274782?hash=item2f3c9b515e:g:vPsAAOSw24RbAX21

https://www.ebay.de/itm/202880274782

kali.jpgDSCN9732.JPGhttps://www.ebay.de/itm/INDIANA-JONES-Cup-Blood-of-Kali-Calice-1-6-Kopf-Temple-of-Doom-for-12-Figur/202880274782?hash=item2f3c9b515e:g:vPsAAOSw24RbAX21

Last edited:
Yeah, amazing work Spenser. That headdress is already looking pretty damn cool.

Thanks for checking in guys! Things are starting to come together.

So Spenser has been kind enough to also agree to make the NECKLACES and also the personal DAGGER that Mola Ram wields on the bridge to move Willie and Shorty along.

Mola Ram's HEAD will be offered painted or unpainted... and the HEADDRESS will be offered painted and haired as well.

On the OUTFIT, I'm awaiting some pictures of material from the tailor. Hoping this week.

The one item I can think of that is NOT covered so far are Mola Ram's boots. I suggest to anyone interested that they start to scour eBay for some below-the-knee black boots. Black suede would be ideal for accuracy, but you'll likely never see the boots on this figure unless you are hanging him from a broken bridge... although that option may also be coming. :)

Yeah the most I'll probably ever see on mine is the very front of the boots, so I'll just use a pair of some generic black ones I have.

And hopefully he can find a material that drapes fairly well, so the robe doesn't end up looking too thick and puffy on the figure...

Yeah the most I'll probably ever see on mine is the very front of the boots, so I'll just use a pair of some generic black ones I have.

And hopefully he can find a material that drapes fairly well, so the robe doesn't end up looking too thick and puffy on the figure...

Yeah, the fabric is going to be a bit tricky because it's all about draping and hanging. It almost needs to be that heavy-ish type of fabric they use for Vader's cape.

And yeah Mola seems to have almost heel-less low cut boots (they are most visible on the rope bridge, though they might be stunt boots only) that have quite simple stitching. They almost look like a re-use of the stunt boots the Cairo swordsman wore. The Hasbro 12" swordsman figure actually tried to replicate those.

Bottom line is it's like Palps or Ben - at best you see the tips of the boots on display so probably aren't worth worrying too much about.

molded, cast, and painted so far. Working on the headdress horns today.
molaheadcup2.jpg
mola5.jpg

Damn that's a great sculpt and likeness, and the expression is perfect! Only thing I'd probably change is the points on the upper lip and indent above, which both seem a little too wide there.

Back