1/6 MOLA RAM Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like the baldy head with the red paint on his bonce but wouldn't say no to the headdress either.

As long as the outfit is a mix of red and black I would be happy. You seem to have done the work on this one Wor-Gar.

Just hoping the better part of a Mola Ram figure can come out of this project.

Dwing is on the sculpt. The artist is about 3-4 weeks away from availability so we won't know until mid December on the head and headdress. My guess is most everyone will want the headdress if the sculptor can offer it. Painting has not been offered yet. I'm not certain if the sculptor is also a painter, so at the moment the intended sculpt will be unpainted, requiring another step for those building a Mola Ram. But that's why this is a 'project' and hopefully as more people get involved, more options will present themselves.

Personally I'm still planning to keep my own Mola as simple as possible to assure I can put one together... but upgrading to Ceremonial would be a welcome option.

I would like the baldy head with the red paint on his bonce but wouldn't say no to the headdress either.

As long as the outfit is a mix of red and black I would be happy. You seem to have done the work on this one Wor-Gar.

yes WorGar is putting a lot of time in this.
We are in good hands, lucky us :)

I appreciate the vote of confidence! Thank you.

Doing a project like this, I always fear I'm going to let people down. I hope this ones comes together in a way that people are happy (like that Sallah project many years ago). But if we can get a good sculpt and a nice outfit, then the rest should be fairly easy.

Just to recap for anyone new coming aboard, here's the PARTS we are working on:

1. HEAD - Stern expression Mola Ram sculpt (headdress as a possible option)
2. OUTFIT - Ceremonial Robe (black with red trim)
3. OUTFIT - Long Sash (red on one side, black on the other)
4. OUTFIT - Underskirt with High Waistband (all black, no red)

There seems to be plenty of baggy Black Pants on ebay for under $10 so I'd suggest people go that way.

For Mola's wrist-wrap on his wrists and elbows, I suggest getting a spool of thin black leather/pleather and literally wrapping it like he does. The same type leather that people use for Indy's bag strap could work if you could find a thinner version and of course in black.

Also, Mola wears black suede boots. I've seen some on ebay from time to time. That's definitely something for people to keep an eye out for. I'll update as I find parts.

Necklaces are the last key pieces that need to be commissioned.

Once the sculptor is ready and pricing is set AND the tailor has agreed to the upgrade and pricing is set, then I may have to start a New Thread in the Custom Forum. As this Project is not for a finished figure but more like "parts for a kit" I'm hoping we can make this an individual order type project -- where each person orders and pays for what they want through the artist separately. There will likely be 'payment windows' so this isn't dragged out for months for the artists. Again, this plan is pending the artists approval.

So there would only be TWO items ordered by any one person: a head sculpt order and the outfit parts depending on what look you are trying to make (all three parts for Ceremonial OR just the 'skirt' and sash for the Bridge Climax).

Last edited:
No worries Wor :)
Just thinking the choice of the body is something key for head size and good clothes fit .
And maybe (fingers crossed) for colour match for group paint...

No worries Wor :)
Just thinking the choice of the body is something key for head size and good clothes fit .
And maybe (fingers crossed) for colour match for group paint...

I doubt there's a perfect colored body out there for Indian Amrish Puri... so some body staining will be necessary I think. But I've done it and its really simple with watered-down acrylics.

Fortunately on this one, Mola doesn't wear anything fitted so that makes life easier on the tailor. The head should be fine if it can fit a standard neck post (like below).

Someone posted some body options that looked pretty good.

body options 11-8-19 (1).jpg body options 11-8-19 (2).jpg

Amrish is 5' 9'' (11.5 in 1/6th) so not a huge guy height-wise... but strong.

Sounds really good Wor-Gar. I really look forward to seeing how this turns out. I really want Mola Ram to face off with Indy. Do you happen to have pictures of Sallah from years ago. I got into the hobby too late for the project.

Thanks! And I'm happy he still holds up mostly.

He definitely needs a beefer body and a paint-wash on the skin to make him more realistic (or at least more in tune with current HT skintones) so he can fit in better with my recent upgrades. Unfortunately, he's got a neck sculpted on the head, so that makes the body choice difficult and limited.

This hobby is just never-ending.

I have to read through this thread, but I'm up for whatever is created in total - passive sculpt, open-mouth sculpt, or both, with headdress if its made too. And body + outfit. Ideally I'd love to have the complete fig with headress and the option to do passive/open-mouth sculpt. It's pretty much what the "in development" SSC Mola fig would have been.

A flaming heart would be cool too, but I can probably make that.

So glad Wor-Gar posted on my Indy Cart thread otherwise I may have missed this one.
An amazing coincidence that the two Indy builds I have planned for 2020 have both Indy & Mola Ram in them in the movie so this is great timing.

Very interested in this build.

Just a quick update, apologies for the long silence but I just got word:

The tailor has agreed to make an updated Mola Ram outfit but won't be able to begin until after the holidays. I'm hoping to have the full outfit made so that you can pick-and-choose which look you want -- Ceremonial or Bridge Fight -- or better yet have both.

I will keep you posted as I learn more.

Hoping Dwing can give us news on the sculptor as well before years' end. In a perfect world, these two elements (head and outfit) will come together close in time.

It's also great news and fortuitous timing that Scratchbuilder has a couple of his amazing display option projects going simultaneously for TEMPLE OF DOOM.

2020 is looking exciting for Indiana Jones!

That's awesome Wor-Gar. Can't wait to see the outfit and I am curious what scratchbuilder is doing too. Indiana Jones is a favorite so anything coming is awesome. How's the new TV?

Back