1/6 MOLA RAM Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
This is looking great! Prototype robe looks a little long, but looks really sharp. Any tips for sourcing black pants, boots and black armbands from other figures? Spenser, any thoughts to adding the flaming heart to the accessory offerings?

This is listed in post #47 back in November but here:

PANTS: Black pants are readily available on ebay. Try to find a baggy pair. The simpler the better.

BOOTS: Black shin-high boots are also around. Find suede ones if possible, they are out there -- but it may take some time to source. In the meantime, some black German boots can suffice while you are waiting for the right pair.

WRAPS: Any thin black leather strapping can be wrapped around Mola's wrists and bicep. Find it at your local art store.

I will add this to the first post if it helps.

Last edited:
Can we talk about bodies now? Just started looking around but will wait until I get the painted HS in to decide. Any one already pick one up yet?

I have a JXToys S01 that is awaiting ... well, everything. Some people are using it for Indy. Its not ideal but seems serviceable for now. It has skin and it is wide and smooth, will likely need to be darkened a bit with a brown wash.

Mola Ram has a stout body - thick around the middle but strong. There really is no ready-made body ideally suited for him in the market. But you will need a body with natural looking neck and arms, some of the side of his torso will peek through the robes too.

TB2wYPLcWAoBKNjSZSyXXaHAVXa_3230463460__43558_1528476833_1000_1200.jpg

Here's a better pic of the actual skintone.

UTB8Qx13BGrFXKJk43Ovq6ybnpXaM.jpg

I have a JXToys S01 that is awaiting ... well, everything. Some people are using it for Indy. Its not ideal but seems serviceable for now. It has skin and it is wide and smooth, will likely need to be darkened a bit with a brown wash.

Mola Ram has a stout body - thick around the middle but strong. There really is no ready-made body ideally suited for him in the market. But you will need a body with natural looking neck and arms, some of the side of his torso will peek through the robes too.

View attachment 489391

Here's a better pic of the actual skintone.

View attachment 489392

The body is not ideal for Indy? Doesn?t look good for him? Too short? Just curious, I have the ?08 Sideshow Indy and looking to swap the body, any suggestions?

Also, this Mola- Ram [emoji1430] when is the latest that orders will be accepted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orders just opened. Not sure when the artist will stop taking orders.

I've heard of people using the above body for their Temple of Doom Indy. Not sure how successfully. But 2008 Indy? It is time you upgraded, my friend. I think transferring the hands and feet of 2008 Indy might be an issue from the Sideshow body.

He means not great for Mola. Makes a pretty good Indy body.

Just showing you the S01 body as you said you didn’t know how it worked for Indy and to give an idea of what it looks like in hand. You were also just talking about upgrading a 2008 Indy with a body swap?

Looks like a good body overall. Looks like they have a thicker version also.

Those should work fine.

I think the thicker S02 version is too wide. I checked the measurements of the shoulder widths. Seemed like the S02 was too broad.

You guys might want to consider dyeing the bodies as well. RIT Demore would work perfectly to get that darker skintone.

Back