Moebius Models 1/6 -Star Trek TOS- Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moebius is a major model kit company. Been around of year doing quality stuff.
Kirk looks really bad. Needs a complete do-over. Spock also needs to be redone.

Sean

Could partially be bad lighting. They showed Kirk at SDCC 2013 and it looked great.
Moebius has been around since 2006 btw.

BPer6fPCcAACXmD.jpg

Hopefully the unforms don't have the velcro seams running down the back like the hulked out Playmates versions. I would love to upgrade my crew.

ae15e911-6df3-4316-ae82-4d59d25de67c.jpg

I really like the material they're using for the shirts, and how it captures the softer velour look of the first two seasons. I never cared for the sleeker and shinier look of the third season that a lot of custom figures seem to go for.

My interest will depend on the pricing. If they are $100.00 or less, I'm in, but if they are anywhere near Sideshow/Hot Toys prices...

Shots from TrekCollective, without the Flash (which kills all good things.)
I think these look pretty good. maybe a bit heavy-handed with some of the paint, though.

2015%2BSan%2BDiego%2BComic%2BCon%2BMoebius%2BModels%2BStar%2BTrek%2BThe%2BOriginal%2BSeries%2BSpock%2Bposeable%2Baction%2Bfigures.JPG

2015%2BSan%2BDiego%2BComic%2BCon%2BMoebius%2BModels%2BStar%2BTrek%2BThe%2BOriginal%2BSeries%2BCaptain%2BKirk%2Bposeable%2Baction%2Bfigures.JPG

Not bad, not great... but if the price is right I might be in.

Crazy to see TNG and TOS in 1/6 at the same show, but from different companies.

These look pretty good - I do like the material of the shirts.

I'm curious what nanjin's thoughts of these are. I still think his original trio is brilliant which I still proudly have displayed.

Like others have said, Spock is looking pretty good, not perfect, but close. Kirk needs a little help, especially the upper portion of the face from the cheek bones up.

They're both growing on me... be very interested to see what the final heads look like and the price.

Back