Modify tips for Hot Toys 1/4 Dark Knight Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony's stuff is indeed good, so is Lforignos but that's not the point.
Answering a specific post about Lforigno's products by swapping in your own product is douchy at best.
The classy thing to do would be to answer the question about Lforigno's stuff and then point out that you have some of your own for sale.
Oh shush.

Hey hey hey- FIGHT!!! I have to admit- I looked at both options as far as custom capes, and both kick the crap out of the stock one, but I chose lforigno's velvet because it was cheaper and I'm a cheap @$$ lol

BUT- I did come up with a cool new mod when it comes to installing lforigno's piece, check it...

First off I measured equal lengths of fabric that I wanted tucked in, then folded the fabric neatly, and tightly wrapped a small piece of electrical tape around the edges. Then I grabbed some rubber heat shrink tubing and cut a piece to slide over the taped portion And hit it with my heatgun taking care not to scorch the fabric.

Here is the heat shrink tubing installed on both edges of the fabric-
20131117_202409.jpg

This makes it much easier to just plug in the rubber piece into the shoulder armor for a nice, snug, and even fit.

20131117_202722.jpg

As you can see, no rubber is showing, the cape stays put, and stays even- and looks amaaaaazing!

20131116_155933-1.jpg

I love how this velvet cape just effortlessly drapes, no futzing required!

20131116_155842-1.jpg

Hope you guys like! Now get back to arguing! :wave

Patrick-

Tony's stuff is indeed good, so is Lforignos but that's not the point.
Answering a specific post about Lforigno's products by swapping in your own product is douchy at best.
The classy thing to do would be to answer the question about Lforigno's stuff and then point out that you have some of your own for sale.

the douchier thing is that I got No response from Lforigno... plus its not like im mentally retarded and didn't realize he plugged himself in the response, which then led me to buy a product I wasn't intending to...

edit: just looked at Lforigno's thread.. still no pics of what he's offering (other than some people posting what theyve received) and the last person to ask what lengths he offered also didnt get acknowledgement/ response from him... so who do you think will get my money?

Frankly I don't care about who gets your money.
I just pointed out something I find to be a lame move.

This figure is pretty well made, nothing really need to mod at this point IMO :)

I know. :) Just trying to bump the thread cause im subscribed to these thread. Btw, really liking the cape i received from you. Looking forward for future projects. Hope you'll make the 1/4 neca keaton cape for us customers and fans who love your cape work customs my good sir. Happy holidays.

Some further praise for your capes Tony. Was reposing my EB Batman's belt last night. Whilst redraping the cape I really appreciated its quality (again). The only bad thing about having him in a custom case is not being able to touch it from time to time. :lol
Let's hope I finally get my HT Bats next month and start fiddling with that one as well. :impatient:

Thanks Tony.

Sorry I haven't posted good cape pics yet, as I promised I would. Your capes are wonderful and I want my figure to be finished when I do a real photo-shoot with them. I'm very nearly ready. :peace

I already posted these in the main thread, but you can see how the bottom ribs now fan outward towards the bottom, giving him a proper pelvis shape.

IMG_7518.jpg

IMG_7526.jpg

Just a tip: whatever you use to create the wider pelvis needs to be pretty ridged, otherwise the construction of the figure will fight against it and it will still look like the belt is squeezing him. I tried using a soft padding first, and it didn't work very well.

I actually built it out of electrical tape - all wrapped up, cut to size, and glued in pace right up against the existing pelvis of the actual figure inder the suit.

Just a tip: whatever you use to create the wider pelvis needs to be pretty ridged, otherwise the construction of the figure will fight against it and it will still look like the belt is squeezing him. I tried using a soft padding first, and it didn't work very well.

I actually built it out of electrical tape - all wrapped up, cut to size, and glued in pace right up against the existing pelvis of the actual figure inder the suit.

Where exactly on the pelvis do you glue the padding? At the top (where it connects to the abs) or just on the sides on the pelvis? If it's on the top where the abs connect, doesn't this mod restrict articulation a lot? Especially if you build it out of a more rigid material than soft foam padding.

Great job as always with your mods Maglor. I'm trying to follow some of it to improve my figure. So far I've just done the ankle/height mod, reduced the padding on the inner thighs and butt, and took out the ab padding (only to put it back because suited-up it looked too flat to me). Looking forward to your more detailed explanation/videos of what you're doing to reduce the shoulders (besides the fat suit on the traps there's no padding to take out there--just hard plastic) so that mod has to be interesting/extreme...

Back