Modified Cop Joker head..... HIT ME!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks a bit odd to me, I can't put my finger on it however. I do admire the work though, and we all know your nurse joker was amazing.

Really promising and will look 1923849023840 times better with the PERs head and with that front hair styled correctly - i'm sure you know what bit i'm talking about!

I'm curious when or if this dries out. If one needs to keep futzing the hair. It's one thing futzing clothes. It's a right pain futzing that then the hair all the time because you've moved the head a little or handled it from boxing it up and taking it back out.

Though hair like that would look stellar in a light tent. It doesn't cast the horrid plastic shiny effect you get with the way Hot Toys hair is done in general.

here are a couple more pics with the head on a body. The hair needs futzing when putting it on a body because it is hair and will move. It does not have any hair spray in it. But it can be styled very easily.

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

Really promising and will look 1923849023840 times better with the PERs head and with that front hair styled correctly - i'm sure you know what bit i'm talking about!

Yeah, still something off about the front, but the color is absolutely outstanding!

Thanks alot for the comments guys, I know it is not perfect but I am pretty proud of it.

I am in the midst of butchering the DX sculpt. I am removing all of the hair and sanding down the back of the head that is attached. Once I get all of the hair off and sanded I will take a 2 part epoxy and sculpt and sand a bald head. Once that is done I will paint the head and then add hair. THe DX head will take alot longer than the cop joker head but it will be worth it.

I am also thinking about picking up a bank robber joker head, the better one and removing the hair off that one as well as the neck and remaking a nurse joker with hair for my collection. We will see.

Hair it's too full, and, like i've said in the other thread, paint need a little more work (especially the white under the lips).

Regarding the cop head being painted as the clown joker, i don't agree with you guys. If done right, the likeness could be amazing.

I don't see how he could have done anything differently in his paintjob to get it to look like Ledger in the clown facepaint. I kinda think the loss of likeness is something to do with the cop headsculpt...and yet without the clown make-up I really like that head.

Regarding the cop head being painted as the clown joker, i don't agree with you guys. If done right, the likeness could be amazing.

Yeah but that's the thing, a few people have repainted that head now and at least to me, none of them look more or AS accurate as the main DX head.

yet without the clown make-up I really like that head.

Me too. That's what I was saying.. without the make-up the headsculpt looks fine. I think when you add make-up though it becomes apparent how off the sculpt is i.e. it's not the main DX sculpt minus make-up. It's completely different. Just like all the people who stripped down/repainted the slick back hair BR Joker sculpt to make custom Cop Jokers: that headsculpt looked great with clown make-up, but without it looked off as well.

without the make-up the headsculpt looks fine. I think when you add make-up though it becomes apparent how off the sculpt is i.e. it's not the main DX sculpt minus make-up

Of course it isn't, even in the movie the cop joker looked different than the clown joker (obviously, not regarding the paint). Ledger was very versatile in playing joker and his expressions with it, and even the joker looked different from one scene to another.

Heath Ledger/The Joker always looked the same regardless of the scene/make-up/facial expressions. Sorry. Yeah he had different facial expressions but to say THAT somehow equals him looking "different" is equivalent to saying ANY actor that makes faces looks different throughout a film. I guess Jim Carrey looks different throughout Ace Ventura then, right? No. Regardless of the scene.. you can tell it's Jim Carrey. Just like it's always Heath Ledger.

My point was.. the DX Clown head sculpt is more accurate IMO than the Cop Joker head. When you compare the clown head to the real thing.. it's far less inaccurate than when you compare the Cop head to the real thing. TBH.. the Cop head isn't really close. But since there's less reference material for that scene (since it lasts a whopping 3 seconds or so) most people are ok with the likeness. That's what I meant by it being passable until you add make-up.. that's when it REALLY looks inaccurate (because there's a crap load of reference material for The Joker with the clown make-up).

Well I started my DX head today. I will not add hair until I finish everything else. I still have to finish sanding the top of the head and finish sanding the back as well. Once that is done I am going to take a 2 part epoxy and sculpt the rest of the back without permanently closing it. I was able to keep both ears intact by VERY CAREFUL cutting.
IMG_1121.jpg

Also I know I did not do a very good job on the hair of the first head. The reason being the way I attached the hair on the sides of the head and the top. I also clumped alot of the hair together. This time being my second time I know I am gonna nail it.

My only ones lol. But I figured I am doing something that I feel I can do after my first attempt. Plus I enjoy doing it. If it does not turn out well than I can at least say that I tried it.

^^^^

Wow, you got some serious balls dude!!!:google

Also I know I did not do a very good job on the hair of the first head. The reason being the way I attached the hair on the sides of the head and the top. I also clumped alot of the hair together. This time being my second time I know I am gonna nail it.

Can't wait to see it. But don't change the dying process, the color was spot on IMO!

Back