Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know how to make a slightly oversized faceplate fit in a custom cowl?

I have a MRM cowl with a robbiethepainter faceplate, and on one side, it seems to fit, but on the other side, it's protruding out.

Is there any method of modding that could help it to fit better?

I would be very careful with overhandling the Robbie faceplate.
I recall a number of folks saying that the paint comes off too easily.

My MRM cowl had the same issue as yours, the Robbie plate would not sit flush on the one side.
Instead of messing with the faceplate, I carefully carved out the inner mouth area of the cowl
a little at a time until I got the faceplate to sit good enough in the cowl.

Main issue with mine was that the plate did not sit deep enough in the mouth area.
So, you may need to carve that mouth area deeper.
It was over a year ago, but I think all I used was a small blade/knife to carve the cowl.
Good luck, bud!

I would be very careful with overhandling the Robbie faceplate.
I recall a number of folks saying that the paint comes off too easily.

My MRM cowl had the same issue as yours, the Robbie plate would not sit flush on the one side.
Instead of messing with the faceplate, I carefully carved out the inner mouth area of the cowl
a little at a time until I got the faceplate to sit good enough in the cowl.

Main issue with mine was that the plate did not sit deep enough in the mouth area.
So, you may need to carve that mouth area deeper.
It was over a year ago, but I think all I used was a small blade/knife to carve the cowl.
Good luck, bud!

Thanks for the help man! I'd try it, but I'm not too good with cutting, and since the cowl is more expensive than the faceplate, I can't trust myself enough :blissy

IMO, the MRM cowl isn't bad at all - good alternative if you can't get a medi

However, I've been trying to track down a medi cowl with no luck

My only other alternative is the Ben Chu cowl - not 100% sure about it

I've got two Medi cowls. One's a mess after I ruined it but the second is widened and repainted. It's shape matches the film but I actually prefer the armoury sculpt now.

The MRM is excellent except the texture.

Here's The Medi cowl with Robbie faceplate, MRM cowl with DX12 mouth recast from eBay, armoury cowl and faceplate:

Last edited:
Failed to resist, bought the armory head.
0d42d09edaa231a61e99da19d6e60a4a.jpg

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

I'm sorry if this was already answered, but my Bats pers eyes has one lazy eye. How do you fix that, and I also want to paint the eye lids. Has anyone had a bad experience doing that?
a5f6c6a0431e7a429750ea1e45c74cb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much! Armory is better (second picture I guess), but it's not that "mother of all cowl"! The difference between armory and a good painted no crossed eyes dx12 are not enormous. I am currently waiting for what you call the "eBay mouth", and if it looks as good as you and other people shown, I think that I really cannot complain for missing the armory release. Thank you again!

How do I fix the lazy eye?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how to fix the eye, maybe you have to remove the PERS, but I'm not expert on this.. Paint the eyelids is quite easy, just move the eyes up when you paint the lower eyelid.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Ok guys,... Calling all BAT-FREAKS, BAT-FREAKS come in!

Just got me a Armory Batman,...did not buy a DX12 since I wanted to customize mine and would be spending more than on my lose armory BAT.
Now I can focus my money on the upgrades.

Love it and it looks nice,...(just don´t like his thighs, they are too huge)

NOW TO THE QUESTIONS:

1) Head - I like the armory cowl, I just think it is a bit too thin,... what do you guys think of the new BEN CHOI cowl, or the version 1 Ben Choi
Is it worth the upgrade? Somehow the Choi cowl might be a bit too big (also damn expensive) could´t find good comparison pictures. Would you sell the armoury head to get a Ben Choi? What do you think?

2) Capes - Capes - Capes ... the stock one is very stiff, sooo.... lForigno or Tony Mei. Tony had movie accurate fabric that is now gone,...what does that mean?
How does his recent capes look, if the accurate fabric is gone??? Also, are they really better than lForignos 20$ capes? His are Rayon and he claims they are the
most accurate. Don´t know what to make out of it all. What do you guys think and why?

3) What cape length do you guys like the most? Battle lenght or regular length?

4) Armory Bat seems to be Dark knight and DX12 seems to be Dark knight rises - what movie is the gloves mod from exactly?

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

I don't own the Ben Choi cowl. It looks great but I wouldn't pay through the nose for one.

I own the Tony Mei long and battle-length capes but the lforigno is perfectly fine. I prefer the shorter cape.

If I'm not mistaken the glove mod, where one removes the wrist straps from the gloves, is accurate to TDKR.

I don't own the Ben Choi cowl. It looks great but I wouldn't pay through the nose for one.

I own the Tony Mei long and battle-length capes but the lforigno is perfectly fine. I prefer the shorter cape.

If I'm not mistaken the glove mod, where one removes the wrist straps from the gloves, is accurate to TDKR.

Does Tony have 2 or 3 length?

Long, battle and regular?

So the Lforigno cape seems to be the stock figures length, right?

Is the forigno just cut cloth or does it have the V shape finish like the Mei cape?

Have you seen a forigno? And why did you go for the Mei exactly?

Back