Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks joda.

I removed everything from inside the head and warmed it up with a hair dryer then I stuffed it with some paper and put it in the freezer for a few.:lol
It did help and looked better. Also it sat on the neck better.

Hey guys...I'm looking for a empty 1/6th cowl to display with my DX12. (Like the one that comes with Catwoman).

Now I've checked ebay...there are original ones and customs available. I don't want to fork out a lot of cash...so has anyone bought a custom one? and can you recommend a certain seller that has a good quality version?

Hey guys...I'm looking for a empty 1/6th cowl to display with my DX12. (Like the one that comes with Catwoman).

Now I've checked ebay...there are original ones and customs available. I don't want to fork out a lot of cash...so has anyone bought a custom one? and can you recommend a certain seller that has a good quality version?

I just bought one. It's alright quality and I ordered from a seller in Hong Kong. It took about two weeks to get it. I can take pics and send it to you tonight after work if you want. I haven't posed my Batman with the cowl yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I just bought one. It's alright quality and I ordered from a seller in Hong Kong. It took about two weeks to get it. I can take pics and send it to you tonight after work if you want. I haven't posed my Batman with the cowl yet.

Thanks for the quick reply. How much did it cost you? Cheapest I've seen is 15 dollars which isn't bad.

Thanks for the quick reply. How much did it cost you? Cheapest I've seen is 15 dollars which isn't bad.

I paid 20 but that was including shipping. It's more flimsy that I thought it would be though. I'll get some pics tonight for you. My dx11 is being delivered today. Finally completed my TDK collection.

I paid 20 but that was including shipping. It's more flimsy that I thought it would be though. I'll get some pics tonight for you. My dx11 is being delivered today. Finally completed my TDK collection.

The one for 15 dollars includes international shipping as well. Which seller did you buy from?

You must be excited to complete your TDK set!?

I've just got Joker 2.0 and DX12. I love the pictures of the DX12 displayed with the Bruce head and him holding the cowl.

I also see a certain ebay seller is selling the custom Joker mask for 25 dollars.

The one for 15 dollars includes international shipping as well. Which seller did you buy from?

You must be excited to complete your TDK set!?

I've just got Joker 2.0 and DX12. I love the pictures of the DX12 displayed with the Bruce head and him holding the cowl.

I also see a certain ebay seller is selling the custom Joker mask for 25 dollars.

Yea I am very excited! I currently have Bane, Selina, and my DX12. I want to pose my dx12 the same way. I also was contemplating making a Bruce figure and put the empty cowl on the suit body. My eBay seller was head_play

Following Maglor's advice in his very first video (page 1) I took out the mini joystick that controls the PERS using a simple pin.
This allows for the eyes to be positioned independently eliminated the cross eyed look often seen on this figure.
This mod is extremely easy and took less than 90 seconds.
The big plus is that you do not need to take out any other part out of the cowl, minimizing the risk of damage.

IMG_7898_zpsb946e28d.jpg

IMG_7889_zps579fd699.jpg

Soon I'll paint the eyelids, that should complete the cowl (the mouth plate is Robbie's).
I have a question for those who separated the eyelid PERS plate from the cowl; how do the eyeballs connect to the plate?
Do they pop in?
If yes, I may pop them out before painting the eyelids, it should make the whole thing easier.

Yea I am very excited! I currently have Bane, Selina, and my DX12. I want to pose my dx12 the same way. I also was contemplating making a Bruce figure and put the empty cowl on the suit body. My eBay seller was head_play

I also bought an empty cowl on Ebay (from Popcandy).
I like it a lot and it looks great in Bruce's hand but it is undersized when compared to the DX12 cowl and it will look a bit small on the neck post.
It seems to me that all the custom cowls from Honk Kong are exactly the same regardless of the seller.

I'm also using a custom cowl and I would recommend it buddy. I was close to getting the Catwomen exclusive one but I saved a bit cash and just went with the custom version.

Following Maglor's advice in his very first video (page 1) I took out the mini joystick that controls the PERS using a simple pin.
This allows for the eyes to be positioned independently eliminated the cross eyed look often seen on this figure.
This mod is extremely easy and took less than 90 seconds.
The big plus is that you do not need to take out any other part out of the cowl, minimizing the risk of damage.

IMG_7898_zpsb946e28d.jpg

IMG_7889_zps579fd699.jpg

Soon I'll paint the eyelids, that should complete the cowl (the mouth plate is Robbie's).
I have a question for those who separated the eyelid PERS plate from the cowl; how do the eyeballs connect to the plate?
Do they pop in?
If yes, I may pop them out before painting the eyelids, it should make the whole thing easier.

Looking good Tourist. I may do that at some point as I think one of my eyes is a little bit wonky.

gemubahe.jpg

Here is my figure with my custom I just purchased. It does the job. It's only for appearance anyways and it looks fine.

After poping the eyes out I painted the eyelids.

Before painting:
IMG_7924_zps0f607458.jpg

After painting:
IMG_7928_zps9f52e7af.jpg

I really like the result:
IMG_7939_zpsa597021d.jpg

Back