Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if a little boltgun metal drybrushing on the body suit would bring out the detail a little. Always wondered if that would be a worthwhile mod.

baby powder perhaps, i think a bit of makeup powder is better to bring out the detail. in that case if you fail, you can just always say,

oh that batman just got rough housed by bane. lol

My barely modded bats, sorry for the bad lighting.
BAtmanmodded_zps98845350.jpg

Neck mod, TM cape, and molded the shoulder pads a bit. I couldn't get the shape right so I gave up. I also trimmed the fisted gloves, but I trimmed a bit too much on one, so I gotta get new ones.

Did the neck mod. Easy peasy. Got a question for all you who took the pers eyes out (not necessarily the pers plate)

I need to line his eyes up properly as one is slightly wonky. out of the inner casing of the head which bits need to be removed? i don't wanna take out anything i don't need to

Also what did you use to take it apart and did you need to glue it back together afterwards or does it pop back into place like the neck does?

I did it on my only neck and I wasn't worried, it just popped apart

I would do it on my own neck as well buddy but I have this funny thing about doing any mods that I tend to do them on spare parts hence my waiting for the spare part to arrive from HK.

How easy it is to remove the inner cowl bits to remove the pers eyes not the plate an what tools did you that have done this use?

I have a wonky eye and want to fix it

just recently coming back to dark knight mods too.

just scored a set of dx02 shoulder armor and will try to swap it in tonight. also will try to build the lower shoulder pads--not sure i fully understand how you went about it, EKT.

been using a modded medi cowl but interested in tinkering with the stock cowl some. how do you guys recommend i widen the cowl?

had another question too but cant remember it now.

how do you guys recommend i widen the cowl?

I removed everything from inside the head and warmed it up with a hair dryer then I stuffed it with some paper and put it in the freezer for a few.:lol
It did help and looked better. Also it sat on the neck better.

I think that I have finally finished with modding this guy -

I did the following mods -

Neck mod
Gauntlet and elbow mod
Shortened gloves
Heated up the shoulder plates to get it tighter to the body
Painted the eyelids
Purchased three custom capes
Purchased custom mouth plate
Purchased extra hands for glove mod
Purchased extra neck post for neck mod
Purchased custom backpack

I think that is it. The DX12 is my most expensive figure and I have spent a bit of cash on the extra items. He isn't even my favourite figure but this hobby really gets a hold of your wallet. :lol

Overall I'm happy with him.

PS - I posed him with the custom backpack just encase any one is after one.

Look good man! Shame it takes so much extra money but in the end it looks good and that's all that matters

How did you find splitting the neck?

I've bought cregs newest Bw sculpt in the bat suit and I'm going order the back pack and have my DX12 in the Hong Kong scene.

The QS will be my cowled Batman

Look good man! Shame it takes so much extra money but in the end it looks good and that's all that matters

How did you find splitting the neck?

I've bought cregs newest Bw sculpt in the bat suit and I'm going order the back pack and have my DX12 in the Hong Kong scene.

The QS will be my cowled Batman

Yeah I really went above and beyond for this guy but it was worth it in the end as you say Frank.

I had to drop quite a bit also for my new DX09 head.

Cracking the neck open was easy mate. I just used a pair of small pliers, removed the rubber grommet and then I snipped off the plastic to allow the neck to get even down lower. I didn't shave any of the neck.

Was it hard for you Frank?

I have no interest in the QS Bats but I may bash a BW in the future. Good luck with your custom stuff Frank.

Yeah it was pretty easy

At first I just took the grommet out because I couldn't be arsed to sit through the whole of clipperkings video to find the part about the neck, but then i found myself bored last weekend and watched it. Had to cut to the plastic inside but makes a good difference and real easy

I have the EB batman so the QS was a no brainer. I'm possibly going to do a BW with the DX12 head but it'll be next year now. Wallets hit heavy until then

You need to do a 1/6 PS T-800 ;)

Yeah it was pretty easy

At first I just took the grommet out because I couldn't be arsed to sit through the whole of clipperkings video to find the part about the neck, but then i found myself bored last weekend and watched it. Had to cut to the plastic inside but makes a good difference and real easy

I have the EB batman so the QS was a no brainer. I'm possibly going to do a BW with the DX12 head but it'll be next year now. Wallets hit heavy until then

You need to do a 1/6 PS T-800 ;)

:lol I think I will just keeping saying a prayer before bed in the hope that Hot Toys finally release him.

Yeah Clipperkings video was really helpful and cutting the plastic really makes the difference. Yeah a Bruce Wayne custom can wait until next year.

1/4 isn't my thing apart from the Neca P1 which I own and I have the Neca Keaton 1/4 figure on PO but as far as collecting high-end 1/4 figures then that is a no from me.

Back