Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright guys. After a long break, I'm ready to look at this thread again.

After
up1_zpscfefb35c.jpg

Stunning. I think yours is my favorite.

So you used the DX02 shoulder pads then?

Also looks like the DX02 kevlar connectors. If I had one complaint, it would be that your kevlar connectors are just a tad to low - hidden by the chest plates.

I hope I can eventually get my DX12 shoulders too look that slim. No matter how hard I try, they tend to stick out a bit (like an "A frame").

Ouw. Right. I used a couple of unused shoulder pads to make the bottom ones. Since I'm using DX2's shoulder pads on the figure, the DX12's are free, and I butchered it. It's a bit hard to describe what I actually did, might do some instructions later. My method might not be the best way to do it.
Actually, I'll try describing it.
Obviously, you first make the separation (cut) the top and under plate of the stock shoulder pads apart.
Look at the picture you quoted. See the edge of the bottom plate? There' a cut near the top? That edge piece, you need to cut from the now separated bottom plate. Now you have a little edge piece of a shoulder plate.
Next, you need the shoulder pads of another batman body. That means, not the ones you're working on. Do the separation again, this time, take the top plate, and cut it in about half, keep the shape of the bottom edges intact, don't worry about the top edges. (This is on the second set of shoulder pads).
Now, you have 2 pieces to complete a bottom shoulder pad.
Glue the tiny edge piece onto the bottom edge part of the shoulder pad you cut from the second set.
Now you have 1 complete bottom plate. Use a double sided tape, or blu tack (what I use), and stick it on your Bat.
Phew... Not sure how clear that was...

Interesting stuff. I just did a bottom shoulder plate mod this week, and it was completely different. :lol

That looks familiar. :)

Here's an update on mine. I just did the cape hole mod (to bring the cape right up against the kevlar connectors), as well as constructing the separate bottom shoulder pad (instead of just using the remaining crescent like I was).

Very quick pose just to get pics up:

IMG_6475.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

IMG_6489.jpg

I have more or less finished modding my DX12 although I'm seriously thinking of doing that neck mod after seeing Maglor's Batman.

Every time I look at my DX12 the first thing I now look at is his longish neck so I think that mod will be done soon.

Here's an update on mine. I just did the cape hole mod (to bring the cape right up against the kevlar connectors), as well as constructing the separate bottom shoulder pad (instead of just using the remaining crescent like I was).

Very quick pose just to get pics up:

Wow :clap How did you get your eyes like that? Squint mod? I'm terrified to try and get my pers out. :gah:

I basically just painted the eyelids. I didn't remove the PERS plate as many have who have sculpted, but I did remove the PERS themselves. I left the paint thick enough that I was able to build up a slight layer of acrylic paint to make the eyes a little smaller - though not really a squint.

I basically just painted the eyelids. I didn't remove the PERS plate as many have who have sculpted, but I did remove the PERS themselves. I left the paint thick enough that I was able to build up a slight layer of acrylic paint to make the eyes a little smaller - though not really a squint.
Just picked up Tamiya black paint. Will try painting it that way and see how it comes out. Is there a tutorial on just taking out the PERS and not the entire plate?

Stunning. I think yours is my favorite.

So you used the DX02 shoulder pads then?

Also looks like the DX02 kevlar connectors. If I had one complaint, it would be that your kevlar connectors are just a tad to low - hidden by the chest plates.

I hope I can eventually get my DX12 shoulders too look that slim. No matter how hard I try, they tend to stick out a bit (like an "A frame").

Interesting stuff. I just did a bottom shoulder plate mod this week, and it was completely different. :lol

Yeah, EKT's is great. I still haven't gotten around to doing the shoulder mod. I think I got the gist of it. ALthough, I think I'd want a more fuller pad underneath than a sliver. Kinda like Tony's.

What's the best glue to use when working with figures? gel superglue?
I use Loctite Ultra Gel Control super glue. It's fantastic. I works on mostly everything including rubber.

Ok. You do have it. Im a bit fuzzy on your instruction but I think I know how you did this. I wish I had some extra DX02 pads.

Both EKT and have cannibalized a second set of pads to create a full bottom one, but we used two totally different methods.

Thanks fiend

is it this one? how long do you have before it sticks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Loctite-...Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&hash=item43bedca1c9

Thats the stuff, just mine wasnt in a tube. Only a few seconds brfore it holds but I'd still give it a minute or two for it to be fully sealed.

Both EKT and have cannibalized a second set of pads to create a full bottom one, but we used two totally different methods.

Yeah, I have a picture of what I think you guys did in my head. If I get around to it I may have to hit you up for confirmation.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Just wanted to pop my head in and say thank you to everybody who has posted such great tips.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed when I got this guy in hand. But after some great advice from y'all and some tinkering, I finally have Batman looking dialed in.

I removed the fat suit today and it made all the difference for me. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Only took about a half hour. I'll post pics as soon as I take them. Thanks again guys!

Is there a PERS removal tutorial? With pictures? I'm thinking about doing the squint mod.

Back