Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Maglor, you mentioned on the other thread something about fixing the long straps leading from the chestplate to the abs...could you explain? They're really bugging me...

Did you watch the videos on page one?

I futz the abs on camera in the second one ("ab straps" is mentioned right in the post so you would know which to watch). I'm really trying to make this thread as user friendly as possible...

Trimming the gloves isn't TDK accurate, right? That's how they appeared in Rises?

Correct. However, it makes them so much more sturdy and pose-able that I have actually consider doing it to my TDK figure...

Did you watch the videos on page one?

I futz the abs on camera in the second one ("ab straps" is mentioned right in the post so you would know which to watch). I'm really trying to make this thread as user friendly as possible...QUOTE]

Sorry man, yeah I watched all of the videos a couple times...must have missed it. I'll check them out again. Thanks so much for posting all of the mods man, that's really cool of you. :)

Maglor, I must be missing something...I watched all of video 2 three times, and all that I notice about the ab straps is that you painted them...I want to know how to fix the length of the straps that connect the chestplate to the top abs...on my figure, they are really long.

I'm really sorry... I looked at the first post again, and "How to futz the ab armor" is actually the 4th video.

Maglor where is your futzing video or thread again?? If you never started a thread please do so...... too many ppl could use your guiding hand

I don't understand the question... You are in that thread.
picture.php

A general fuzzing thread. They need your help everywhere!! ;)
Also didn't you have a EB bat futzing video somewhere?
But yeah general futzing, posing tips for general public could help a lot of fellow freaks elevate their toy collection to museum grade presentations

:borg

A general fuzzing thread. They need your help everywhere!! ;)
But yeah general futzing, posing tips for general public could help a lot of fellow freaks elevate their toy collection to museum grade presentations

:goodpost: I've been thinking about this lately actually. Not sure where I would even post a thread like that though... General Collectables?

Also didn't you have a EB bat futzing video somewhere?

I do. Someone started a Mod thread that I really need to post in...

Well since there is no "enhance your skills" or "maglor" subsection the general will have to do and then can be referenced to. Hmm best to even show off posing tips on a naked TT with a clothed one besides it to teach your trade ;)
I swear it is crucial as more and more join this hobby and its so harsh on the eyes to see a nice $200 figure w potential look like a cheap bootleg doll

Yep, that's the plan. Working with a naked TT for a while is key to understanding these figures.

finally gave in and did the hands and gauntlet mod and wowzers it really makes a huge difference and even looks a whole lot nicer too. one of those times I'm like why didn't I do it sooner! thanks for the tutorials on how to do all this stuff. :clap:thud:

No, sorry. I cut mine at an angle so that there would be no gaps if I bent the wrist. Can put pics up later; just got in from a funeral so need a stiff drink first!

Do you have pics to show the 'angle' cut?

Also is there a mod to fit the sonar neck into the DX12?

Did one more mod to mine. Figured I'd share it here instead of in the primary DX 12 thread.

I've already cut off the glove buckles, bent the elbow pads in, flared (slightly) the wrist hole of the gauntlets, and added a lforigno rayon cape.

Maglor, after seeing your post about the undersuit sleeve not being glued to the wrist properly I noticed that one of mine was like that too. So, since I was taking him down off display anyway, I decided to paint the ab straps black.

Here are my before and after pics:

BatmanTDKRBeforeStrapPaint_zpsf944c5ec.jpg

BatmanTDKR02_zpsdca8d1c7.jpg

BatmanTDKR01_zps8e2da0c2.jpg

^^^Oh wow, you went for a really deep black. What color does it say on the paint container, out of curiosity?

Also is there a mod to fit the sonar neck into the DX12?

Well, the hole in the Sonar neck is larger than the ball joint on the DX12 so I would think you could put a few coats of clear nail polish inside the neck hole to make it a tight fit. I've done that with fitting a standard neck adapter to a slim TT neck ball-joint (which is also small).

If you do, take a pic or two and report back if you can. :duff

Ok so I finally got around to taking some pics. The last mods I did was the neck mod, glueing the body suit down at the wrists so they don't ride up and I received the custom cape that is now on him. I may futz with the shoulder pads a little more and reshape the gauntlets a wee bit more to fit over the gloves. However for the most part, I am happy with him and I think I won't mess with him anymore depsite some that may see some flaws. In person seeing him at normal scale and not close up zoom from a camera, he looks great to my eyes....

First some normal lighting pics to show how he looks....

DSC_1679.jpg

DSC_1678.jpg

DSC_1677.jpg

DSC_1682.jpg

DSC_1686.jpg

DSC_1687.jpg

This last pic here you can see what I mean about the gauntlets. You can see I detached the elbow pad and the top part of the gauntlet has been removed. I like the look better for me personally and it allows more freedom of movement for the arm.

Back