Modern Life 1/6 Conan head starting at $900

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhh, what are you guys talking about? What happened that this eBayer has to put a ridiculous price? Now I'm curious! :gah:

Uhh, what are you guys talking about? What happened that this eBayer has to put a ridiculous price? Now I'm curious! :gah:

It's the official eBay account of Modern Life... it's a loooong story. To make it short:

- they made a Wolverine and MoS Supes and released it to the public

- they teased an Arnie Conan, Daniel Craig Bond and Tom Hardy Max heads. They took orders from retailers for the Conan head, spent a while swinging backwards and forward between sculpted or rooted hair, before pulling sales for the Conan head entirely leaving retailers forced to cancel everyone's orders and apologise.

- they then announced that their head sculpts would not be for sale.

- they have now listed the Conan, Max and Bond heads on eBay for $350-$900 apiece on their official eBay account.

Thanks for explaining! So this is basically them trying to recoup their cost? Does this company even have license for the likenesses?

It is the original OOAK prototype made by Modern Life. Maybe the price is set high to keep re-casters from buying to copy like so many other original sculpts.

I know very little about the ups and downs of what happened with this company, but I remember that there was some falling out between Toria and Surfer when they were just getting started.

Either way, if it is a OOAK proto, then I'm not surprised about the price. And recasters definitely have their eye on this already. By odd chance I clicked on iyiyiyiyi's (Kit Chen) profile yesterday just to see if he still comes on here often. I wasn't hunting him down or anything, I just saw his user name under "members who have read this" in a certain thread and decided to give it a look. Lo and behold he was viewing this thread at that moment. Coincidence???

$_57.JPG

Looks like a $40 head sculpt, so they ought to be donating 95%. :p

Anyone else think it looks like Connor Macleod?

Either way, if it is a OOAK proto, then I'm not surprised about the price. And recasters definitely have their eye on this already. By odd chance I clicked on iyiyiyiyi's (Kit Chen) profile yesterday just to see if he still comes on here often. I wasn't hunting him down or anything, I just saw his user name under "members who have read this" in a certain thread and decided to give it a look. Lo and behold he was viewing this thread at that moment. Coincidence???

Well, this head was likely sent to a factory for production, then cancelled before it went any further, so I doubt it will really be a "recast", more like an "unauthorized production". Truth be told, I used to work with a plastics factory in China, and they showed some samples of a head they were working on, I couldn't place the likeness, but a few months later, I found out it was ML's Fassbender head. Soon after, they were on eBay, which people were calling a "recast". . . was it a recast, or Modern Life just didn't pay their bill, and the factory was just trying to get their money back??

Back