Modern Collector: John Murdy Talking About Universal Monsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Universalrocks

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I just watched this interview, it makes me wonder why Sideshow would even wasted their time doing this. Since they seem to have lost intrest in this Line. Is this just to let us know that The Monster line is not dead? Or are they just throwing us some scapes so our stomachs don't growl as much. Maybe there will be some new Universal Monster annoucements this Spooktacular?:huh

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos....e=newsletter-pers-100710news&utm_medium=email

Between this and the recent laboratory diorama, it's like Sideshow is trying to tell us something. I'm pretty certain there will be something really interesting being announced during Spooktacular this year... Can't wait.

It did kinda feel like salt on the wound, didn't it? :monkey2 But, like you guys said, it could be a hint at things to come...

I think you guys are opening the door for Mr. Disappointment to come barging right in. :lol Until we actually see something, this should get filed under "nostalgia."

Anyone know how much a Premium format Silver Screen Edition Frankenstein and Bride with duo base go for now a days??

I think you guys are opening the door for Mr. Disappointment to come barging right in. :lol Until we actually see something, this should get filed under "nostalgia."

Gotta agree... I have zero hopes for new stuff. That way I won't be disappointed.

What do you think an approximate amount is? Do you know how much a set sold for lately?

Last edited:
The reason I ask is because I was thinking about selling my set and I wanted to get a ballpark figure on what price to start the auction.

Last edited:
The reason I ask is because I was thinking about selling my set and I wanted to get a ballpark figure on what price to start the auction. If anyone is interested, I have the Bride #4 and Frank #20 I think, but I have to check, and the base. Silver Screen Edition.

In that case, read the forum rules regarding selling, then go to ebay, list them at release prices and happy flipping. :wave:monkey1

In that case, read the forum rules regarding selling, then go to ebay, list them at release prices and happy flipping. :wave:monkey1

I didn't mean to come off like I am selling it here, that is not my intention and I am only thinking about selling it, what I am trying to do is figure out what the going price is today. Does it make a difference if I wanted to buy a set instead of selling a set? Would I have gotten a different answer?:dunno

Last edited:
I'm not gonna go searching for all the examples, but it does seem like we've been getting a lot of "what's this worth?" threads and people derailing threads with off-topic discussion about the potential price of an item.

Not to mention, when somebody has 50-ish posts, about 40 of which are ebay auction listings, you can't blame a guy saying something.

I'm not gonna go searching for all the examples, but it does seem like we've been getting a lot of "what's this worth?" threads and people derailing threads with off-topic discussion about the potential price of an item.

Not to mention, when somebody has 50-ish posts, about 40 of which are ebay auction listings, you can't blame a guy saying something.

All I asked was a question about what is the going price for something. I did not know where else to post my question since I looked through the threads and thought this was the best place since it had to do with Universal Monsters. I am sorry if I offended anyone but you need to lighten up a little bit. And for your information my 50ish posts have nothing to do with me being a collector or not. Does it matter if I have one post or a million, in the end we are all collectors and that is all that matters. Also, my 40ish posts are not all about eBay auctions. Get your facts straight. I have sold 3-4 items in the past year on eBay, so before you start making accusations, get your facts right! Sorry I do not have a lot of time on my hands like others do on this forum with 6000ish posts.

Last edited:
Back